Why are we in this with the huns

Mancbhoy670

There is a possibility that both us and the klan want to put a colt team in the lowland league cani ask are we doing this in conjunction with them or are we doing this for them, is this just another of PL's let's keep the old firm brand going. Yes I know our young players need to play but what about an under 21/23 league instead of this crap are we doing this because the klan can't afford it. HH

There’s a cosy business relationship between members of our Board, their family members and the Huns, SFA et al.....Bankier’s whisky company made a £1 million donation to David Murray and Peter Lawwell’s son has contracts with the SFA and the SPFL.....there will be no rocking the boat there...

I don't know how much it has to do with any OF tag. It's been said for decades that Celtic need to have their young players playing against men much sooner in order to aid their development because playing against other wee boys is too easy for the best players (and it allows flat track bullies like Ollie Burke to look disproportionately better). Big Jock argued for it. It's in the interest of our club and I suppose the Zombies are being afforded the same courtesy.

I don't know how much it has to do with any OF tag. It's been said for decades that Celtic need to have their young players playing against men much sooner in order to aid their development because playing against other wee boys is too easy for the best players (and it allows flat track bullies like Ollie Burke to look disproportionately better). Big Jock argued for it. It's in the interest of our club and I suppose the Zombies are being afforded the same courtesy.
Larry I agree that our young players need a path to 1st team football and an opportunity to play against older wiser opposition, I just wonder if it would be worth trying to re-establish a reserve or under 23 league that could benefit all of Scottish football and not just the Glasgow clubs. If my memory serves me right the reason it finished was because the klan couldn't afford it, so are we doing this for ourselves or are we doing this for the benefit of the the klan? HH

Larry I agree that our young players need a path to 1st team football and an opportunity to play against older wiser opposition, I just wonder if it would be worth trying to re-establish a reserve or under 23 league that could benefit all of Scottish football and not just the Glasgow clubs. If my memory serves me right the reason it finished was because the klan couldn't afford it, so are we doing this for ourselves or are we doing this for the benefit of the the klan? HH

You're right. It was scrapped to spare their (sulphury) blushes.

All the same, getting our young bhoys game time against seasoned players would be beneficial. When Scotland produced world-class players it was when they served their apprenticeship like that (most of the Lions and the Quality Street Gang played against lower league and even junior teams as teens - many said that's when they learnt the game properly after their youth coaching).

There’s a cosy business relationship between members of our Board, their family members and the Huns, SFA et al.....Bankier’s whisky company made a £1 million donation to David Murray and Peter Lawwell’s son has contracts with the SFA and the SPFL.....there will be no rocking the boat there...
For me Bankier is no better than one of the Kelly mob from years ago. He should take responsibility for the last year's shambles and resign. We used to have decent men in charge like Brian Quinn and - yes - John Reid - regardless of political views he was a ball breaker and a winner. Bankier is a bit creepy and seeing the board each year at the AGMs unchanging and getting older does not inspire any confidence - in fact, Lawell was the only one who ever really spoke and I was always sure that he knew what he was doing. DD never attends - which I think is disrespectful - and rude to shareholders. Just one glaring example of chronic misjudgement of the supporter's/shareholder's views is the continuing use of Parks for our team coaches - using more than ever now - 6 at a time !
The current lack of communication and evidence of anything happening is shameful. We have Aberdeen and Rangers signing new players - when they need them much less than we do. We have become a laughing stock. I know its not the popular view but of all the board members I think Lawell will actually be the biggest loss - which says something about the others !

Bankier is just a nodding dog. Any respectable multi million private business at Celtic's level would have put in place boardroom changes after the failures of the last year to 18 months. (Longer when you consider our European decline and associated loss of income).

Members online

Latest posts

Back