Why has lennon not been sacked yet

Why is Lennon still in a Job?
He said last night he won't quit. So why wasn't he given his P45 after last night's shambles.
Lawwell is incompetent and has no contingency plan to replace the manager. Didn't when he should have been sacked in October and doesn't now. He didn't have one when Rodgers left either but fortunately Lennon had just been sacked by Hibs.

A functioning organisation would have a new manager lined up ready to come in today, giving the new man a week to work on the training field with the squad followed by 2 easy (if there is such a thing anymore) home games next week. He could also begin assessing squad and looking at players we've already scouted and decide if its worthwhile getting them in this month.
However, we are not a functioning organisation, we are hostage to 2 men interested only in self preservation and their big salaries.

A functioning organisation would have a new manager lined up ready to come in today, giving the new man a week to work on the training field with the squad followed by 2 easy (if there is such a thing anymore) home games next week. He could also begin assessing squad and looking at players we've already scouted and decide if its worthwhile getting them in this month.
However, we are not a functioning organisation, we are hostage to 2 men interested only in self preservation and their big salaries.
Thereby lies the issue, Gary. Celtic are not a functioning organisation. From the CEO downwards they have continued to let us down since the season kicked off. Players getting themselves suspended because of Covid, players that apparently can't play without an adoring crowd to fire them up, allowing Lenny to play the same team with the same tactics(?) that were obviously not working. Actually the list is endless but change has to happen or there will be years in the wilderness ahead for us.

Thereby lies the issue, Gary. Celtic are not a functioning organisation. From the CEO downwards they have continued to let us down since the season kicked off. Players getting themselves suspended because of Covid, players that apparently can't play without an adoring crowd to fire them up, allowing Lenny to play the same team with the same tactics(?) that were obviously not working. Actually the list is endless but change has to happen or there will be years in the wilderness ahead for us.
Better get your tent ready then

Don't worry lads, I’ve just seen a tweet from the SLO saying the managerial review is expected to be completed in the next week or two.
Fkn unbelievable. Why is it taking more than 30 seconds?
👿👿👿
What needs to be reviewed?
So your saying Lennon will be in the job for another couple of weeks at least. Fucking arseholes can give me a refund on my ST, am not watching Lennon's team again

What needs to be reviewed?
So your saying Lennon will be in the job for another couple of weeks at least. Fucking arseholes can give me a refund on my ST, am not watching Lennon's team again
That’s what his tweet said mate in a response to a query about it. So I would conclude that means it will be 2 weeks before anything happens. If anything happens at all - cue another bunch of support messages from Lawwell 😡😡
Unless last night has done it for Desmond we’re stuck with this shite.

That’s what his tweet said mate in a response to a query about it. So I would conclude that means it will be 2 weeks before anything happens. If anything happens at all - cue another bunch of support messages from Lawwell 😡😡
Unless last night has done it for Desmond we’re stuck with this shite.
So they are leaving him in place until the transfer window shuts. Then it will be
" after the review it has been decided that NL will be standing down at the end of the season "
If that turns out to be the case, I am definitely not renewing my SB

He was the only option at that time. But should have not been given job permanently. ☘️☘️
I said that right at the beginning, Ally. PL only saw the cheap option that he could sell to the support because of his success first time round. Most of the supporters bought into it because he delivered the treble treble but that was essentially BR's team and anyone could have got them over the line at that point.

How I remember the stick I got on here when Lennon got the job on a permanent basis.
I said it was a backwards step after BR.
The 'Lenny is a Legend' gang were furious at me for daring to suggest he wasn't the messiah. It was very strongly suggested I was a hun even.
Still, its no use saying i told you so is it. ;)

If I can start my post where you finished TS. I've felt for some time now we could be in for a period of bleak mediocrity due to the lack of forward planning from our powerbrokers at Celtic Park. The buck stops with our decision makers. And now is the time to make a decision on Lenny.

There is however, another thing I'm concerned about. Making the decision to replace Lenny would be one not many would disagree with; it's actually one of the easier calls to make. My worry, given the number of poor decisions in recent times, is whether they are capable of making the right call on his replacement. Make the wrong call and that wilderness awaits us.

"players we already scouted" unfortunately Gary there is a major part of the problem. Our scouts appear to be blind. 🧑‍🦯

As long as they don't let him sign players this window. New man in, then he signs his players.. ☘️☘️
But then the window will be shut. Then we are scrambling about in the summer trying to buy new players - but what is that, the Euro championships will be on then so all the half decent players will be tied up with that and not wanting to discuss transfers.

So we go into the European qualifiers with the remains of the current squad, minus those that have sodded off and international players. When we finally get round to buying someone (fingers crossed they are decent), late as usual, they may then need a wee break because they were playing in the Euros.

Only then do we try to integrate them into the team by which time we may be out of the Champions League qualifiers (assuming we somehow hang onto second place in the league this season) and will have played more than half a dozen league games again!

I think I've seen this same movie before (every sodding summer), but only this time it is starting with a massive car crash scene as a survivor is crawling out from the wreckage! Even during our very successful seasons recently why do we feel the need to deliberately hamstring ourselves at the start each season instead of going in as best prepared as possible?

Back