Why has lennon not been sacked yet

How I remember the stick I got on here when Lennon got the job on a permanent basis.
I said it was a backwards step after BR.
The 'Lenny is a Legend' gang were furious at me for daring to suggest he wasn't the messiah. It was very strongly suggested I was a hun even.
Still, its no use saying i told you so is it. ;)
I was the same, took all sorts of abuse for saying Lennon would be a disaster. The only support who were fully behind Lennon getting the job was the sevco support. That tells you everything

How I remember the stick I got on here when Lennon got the job on a permanent basis.
I said it was a backwards step after BR.
The 'Lenny is a Legend' gang were furious at me for daring to suggest he wasn't the messiah. It was very strongly suggested I was a hun even.
Still, its no use saying i told you so is it. ;)
I'm with you, Bri. I said it all along but when he was given the job on a permanent basis I got behind the man as did the majority of the supporters. That faith, trust and support has gone now so it's time he did the right thing or the board do it pronto.

Well it looks like the board thought they cud just get this season done with then sort shit out in summer obviously with guys names on a list and possibly sounded out about coming but then guys like bilic's become available which with this next appointment it's got to be rite so wen guys like bilic's become available the board must say oh wait let's look a him footballs such a fluid sport theres always comings and goings maybe the guy they want disnae want tarnished with losing the ten if he comes in the now I really dont know troops but I'm of the opinion we need the new man NOW cause we dont want to end up with a 30 point deficit fay champs to that 😱

Well it looks like the board thought they cud just get this season done with then sort shit out in summer obviously with guys names on a list and possibly sounded out about coming but then guys like bilic's become available which with this next appointment it's got to be rite so wen guys like bilic's become available the board must say oh wait let's look a him footballs such a fluid sport theres always comings and goings maybe the guy they want disnae want tarnished with losing the ten if he comes in the now I really dont know troops but I'm of the opinion we need the new man NOW cause we dont want to end up with a 30 point deficit fay champs to that 😱
They'll be busy looking for the next cheap option. Cue the C.V.'s of current SPFL managers finding their way into PL's inbox.

I'm with you, Bri. I said it all along but when he was given the job on a permanent basis I got behind the man as did the majority of the supporters. That faith, trust and support has gone now so it's time he did the right thing or the board do it pronto.
I was happy he stepped in at short notice and lead us to the treble that season. I didn't want him either as I felt he wasn't good enough, but I supported him but said then he should be getting in trusted deputies to help him as it was clear there was no chemistry between him and Kennedy, but I called out Lawwell then for gross mismanagement by refusing to even consider a single other option.

I was happy to eat humble pie (get back Kris Boyd - not that sort of pie) when Lenny delivered another league & cup last season, but it has been very apparent from autumn that there is something very clearly wrong with the playing and coaching side of things. Maybe this is just down to Duff leaving, players not gelling, heads being turned/disinterest as a consequence of the Covid shutdown, players not getting what was promised to them behind the scenes, etc, etc, or a combination of factors.

It is the stubborn refusals from PL, NFL & DD to acknowledge that there are any problems, never mind the bloody mindedness to then refuse to try to address them that has seriously fecked me off. And here we are, months later on one of the very worst runs in our entire history and still doing zero to try to improve things!

I can deal with Celtic getting beat even if painful sometimes, but what i cannot accept in the shear unprofessionalism as so many failures are not even trying any more.

DD. Peter get me a short list of possible replacements for Neil .
PL. Way ahead of you there Desmond . Got my wee list already made up ! They all fit the criteria we have adopted so successfully .
1. They are cheap .
2. They will not rock the boat when told what to do .
3. They are cheap .

DD. Well done Pistol Pete - big bonus coming your way soon !
PL. Thanks big man . What's your handicap down to now ?
DD. Handicap - you mean apart from those f*cking supporters ?

HH

But then the window will be shut. Then we are scrambling about in the summer trying to buy new players - but what is that, the Euro championships will be on then so all the half decent players will be tied up with that and not wanting to discuss transfers.

So we go into the European qualifiers with the remains of the current squad, minus those that have sodded off and international players. When we finally get round to buying someone (fingers crossed they are decent), late as usual, they may then need a wee break because they were playing in the Euros.

Only then do we try to integrate them into the team by which time we may be out of the Champions League qualifiers (assuming we somehow hang onto second place in the league this season) and will have played more than half a dozen league games again!

I think I've seen this same movie before (every sodding summer), but only this time it is starting with a massive car crash scene as a survivor is crawling out from the wreckage! Even during our very successful seasons recently why do we feel the need to deliberately hamstring ourselves at the start each season instead of going in as best prepared as possible?
When I say new man in, it has to be now. No more sitting on arses waiting for seasons end. Let's start talking to Eddie Howe now.

Members online

Latest posts

Back