Why has lennon not been sacked yet

Don't believe for a minute were in for Howe,if we are he must be looking on and thinking what a fkn shambles this club is dropping points every week when there was a slim chance to salvage the season

The bookies odds mean jack shit loads of fools would have piled on some cash in the hope a twitter rumour rings true

Don't believe for a minute were in for Howe,if we are he must be looking on and thinking what a fkn shambles this club is dropping points every week when there was a slim chance to salvage the season

The bookies odds mean jack shit loads of fools would have piled on some cash in the hope a twitter rumour rings true
didn't he need to leave a club through stress

will he be better at stress here?

Has he ever been at a club where you get boulders chucked at the bus if you lose a cup match, from own fans?

Im not sure he has a plan b either from the reviews of his style down south

Might be a good manager, I have no idea, but could he hack the pressure?

How long will he get to gel team to his needs?

Has he ever played against ultra defensive set ups most weeks?

What is going on at Celtic Park ?
While we may not like the way that the club has been run for a number of years - it was basically always run in a very professional manner.
Now there appears to be no logic to any of it and I really do think that the time has come for the fans to be given an honest answer,
THIS CONTINUED SILENCE IS DEAFENING.

As much as think lennon should be sacked

The current wage bill is too high for covid risks
The loss this season is going to be horrendous, before you hire new guy
The Covid could end season soon again
Spending even more money at the juncture with the massive covid risks could increase costs further and get no return whatsoever if the players cant train together

The refs aren't going to stop being biased or worse deliberately cheating

A complete re structuring at club is necessary imo
The wage structure needs reviewed
But while covid is present and who knows it might be here for long time yet, then its very very risky no matter what decisions are made.

They made a blunder with the players signed this season but they cost too much for the club and while average wage of players is so high for our income then no new signings will be signing for less than average wage especially if they are actually better than players we have.

Lets assume entire hierarchy are sacked

how much will that cost?

Can you replace them with better on less wages?

If not how do you fund it going forward?

Where does the money come to sack and replace with better?

Or is it just sack people and have no-one running the team, assuming season goes to end?
Put Lennon on gardening leave, coaching staff to take team until season end (we have Kennedy, Strachan, McManus, McIntyre). He's a dead man walking and him remaining will only lead to the remainder the season being like the last 3 games. New faces/voices may have a short term effect. Its only 17 friendlies and maybe the Scottish Cup if it goes ahead.

Sell the players who don't want to be there if our valuation is met. Immediate reduction to wage bill and additional funds to be banked (to cover the lack of sales in the summer)

Announce Lawwell stepping down as CEO and search for replacement to begin (should already be underway but doubt it)

Announce new Football Operations re-structure to be in place by the summer (Director of Football model with a Head Coach)

I expect there will be a share issue announced soon, underwritten by DD, Lindsell Train and a few others. This is inevitable as a means of covering Covid related losses, its 16 years since the last one.

If the club communicated with the support and explained that something like the above, or whatever they decide needs to happen over the next few months, the majority would accept the shitshow continuing to May in the knowledge change is happening.

Put Lennon on gardening leave, coaching staff to take team until season end (we have Kennedy, Strachan, McManus, McIntyre). He's a dead man walking and him remaining will only lead to the remainder the season being like the last 3 games. New faces/voices may have a short term effect. Its only 17 friendlies and maybe the Scottish Cup if it goes ahead.

Sell the players who don't want to be there if our valuation is met. Immediate reduction to wage bill and additional funds to be banked (to cover the lack of sales in the summer)

Announce Lawwell stepping down as CEO and search for replacement to begin (should already be underway but doubt it)

Announce new Football Operations re-structure to be in place by the summer (Director of Football model with a Head Coach)

I expect there will be a share issue announced soon, underwritten by DD, Lindsell Train and a few others. This is inevitable as a means of covering Covid related losses, its 16 years since the last one.

If the club communicated with the support and explained that something like the above, or whatever they decide needs to happen over the next few months, the majority would accept the shitshow continuing to May in the knowledge change is happening.
I agree

sounds like a sensible plan to me.

But hopefully something better gets announced, no idea how it gets funded but I hope its going to happen and like asap

While we may not like the way that the club has been run for a number of years - it was basically always run in a very professional manner.
Now there appears to be no logic to any of it and I really do think that the time has come for the fans to be given an honest answer,
I am more concerned that it is almost the end of the window and the only noises we are hearing is for us to sign McCarthey ffs, whilst the likes Barkass and Ajeti, Bolingoli Hendry, Duffy, Eddy, Ntcham and Julia and Brown and a few more are still at the club

Last edited:
Maybe a smart move if more than one change is coming, dont want too many changes all at once, also we have a scottish cup to retain and be ready should the enivatable happen.
Disagree to some extent boab as we should be in the process of trying to rebuild for next season as the longer we sit idle the bigger the consequences could be and the longer it will take to fix.
Lenny needs to be removed from his post immediately as the longer he stays the more damage he is creating within the club and is currently costing us millions on lost transfer fees and merchandise sales on top of been totally incompetent as a manager of the club.
If he had any dignity left within him he should walk away but think he has just now become a greedy bastard and only really interested in himself.
PL traitor has got his wishes in his support of serco scum and the revival of a tribute act.
If we are really serious about our own revival then I believe a director of football is a matter of urgency.
I have surgested someone like a Mon or wee GS to oversee the huge changes that are going to be needed.
I can't see a new manager arriving before the summer as way to much work needed to be done before any arrival can be done properly.
TET is right about budgets on players contacts will have to be reviewed and puts us in a fairly delicate situation.
An example could be Christie. We know he wants away and thinks he is much better than he really is. Problem we got is that he is tired into a contract where we are possibly paying him more than he can get elsewhere and would hardly attract interest on current form. If he should not shine at the euros then the chances of his big money move away becomes very limited and we will be still stuck with a player on big wages who don't want to be here and can run down his contract and this time next year negotiate a new contract elsewhere which suits him best and leaves us with nothing. We have a good few players in the same position and this area becomes vital for our recovery.
I see many of our players have lost all respect for lenny as a manager and the club with PL traitor still holding the reins.
Of course there will be huge changes in world football as most clubs will be trying to recover from the losses this pandemic has brought and players wages will possibly become the biggest cut back that will need to be made to enable the recovery of any club.
Also with the uncertainty regarding Brexit and gaining players from abroad may also become another huge problem.
We are not alone in the current problems that world football are facing and still in a far better position than most.
As supporters it would be madness to think we can get in a new manager with a huge war chest to rebuild.
Realistically that is not going to happen and can be achieved quicker if we can gain the windfall from CL football. Can that really be achieved in such a short space of time with so much upheaval going to take place? I can't see it unless we start acting now.
So in short a solution to the current shitshow for me would be a director of football who could double up as a manager on match days until the end of the season.
Then hand the job over to a proper head coach / manager.
Sort out what players will stay or go and favour the players who will be staying and make any wantaways to fight for a place in the team if they can be bothered.
This bollox about not renewing ST is only a treath that this board only know to well won't be followed through as we are still far to loyal and faithful for that to happen.
As supporters we have been insulted and hurt so badly this season that it's the worst I have ever experienced, and in the season that meant the most to us.
We will recover of course we will, and the sooner them changes start to take place the better for all within celtic fc.
Sit idle which we are now becoming famous for and the more this anger will grow.
Over to you now DD

Can David Low get the answers we have all been looking for,he thinks he can,but no matter what David comes back and tells us it will be the truth something the Celtic board have been strangers to..

HH.
This is another area we are unsure about as he has also claimed he has had no response from the board for years now, so what makes us think he is going to have any joy now?

John Kennedy needs to go, not given more input, albeit temporary. He has hung around far too long.

How long does it take to do a review?.
Remember it’s Celtic. They take ages to do anything for the good of the club.
It takes them ages to sign players because they’re looking for the cheapest options. The headlines are always that Celtic are interested in a player, or they’re keeping an eye on a player. But they take that long until the player signs for another club. The only time that this board move fast is when they’re wanting your money for season tickets. They are a disgrace to Celtic football club. How many more games are we to lose before some action is done. Everybody could see in September/October that it wasn’t working this season. Get the finger out and get something done NOW.
What review? You don’t really believe any ‘review’ has been going on do you mate? Lawwell has been sitting on his arse, fingers crossed that things would improve and he wouldn’t have to do anything. How’s that worked out Pete?
Desmond has been on the golf course and hasn’t really thought about it much. Probably been thinking more about the next dividend.
If anything happens - and I say if - it will be a hastily concocted, knee jerk reaction to the current situation. This leads me to conclude there is a real and present danger of another fk’up.

Last edited:
Really going on? Good question.
They sacked Barnes and Mowbray quick enough. Tommy Burns and Macari got the heave ho as well. Even Jock after one bad season.
The current approach to Lennon is utterly inexplicable. I’m starting to believe he really has got pictures of Pete and Desmond.

Last edited:

Problem with another share issue being underwritten by DD is that he has a 35% holding already. If that goes above 39% he will have to make an offer to buy out everybody else (just ask GASL about that). So unless Lindsell Train and others take up the slack it’s not going to be much of an issue.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back