Why has lennon not been sacked yet

Really going on? Good question.
They sacked Barnes and Mowbray quick enough. Tommy Burns and Macari got the heave ho as well. Even Jock after one bad season.
The current approach to Lennon is utterly inexplicable. I’m starting to believe he really has got pictures of Pete and Desmond.
The financial risks are not the same.

The options of affordable replacements were much easier in past.

went from 30 million in bank to potentially -30 million in 1 season

And thats before a change is made.

Players and managers wages are influenced by the clubs average wage bill.

We are in high risk mode, rather than skinflint mode.

if we had been in skinflint mode replacing manager would be easy.

Some wanted even more spending at biggening of season.

And it turns out that huge wages and huge transfer fees for little known players is massive risk.

yet the known players who fit the bill are multiples higher than what we spent.

the kind of manager we would like is unlikely to come if he cant buy the type of players we would like. And although there are plenty of good managers out there we technically can afford the risks have never ever been higher.

And it seems to me most celtic fans think we can afford these big name managers and players because all those dudes you mentioned had players of a higher mental calibre and a much lower wage expectancy.

Had celtic not done the greatest transfer window in donkeys (thats what a lot of people were claiming at start of season) then the board would have been classed as not being ambitious enough.

They cut loose some of the bloated squad round the trimmings but it turns out the greatest transfer window in our history has possibly been the worst for club in donkeys.

Despite the precarious position club has stuck itself through excessive hubris we need a new manager

But who can we afford if 30+ million doesnt get you much better than buying Livingston reserves.

would buying Livingston reserves have been better?

no

cause they aren't good enough

And it seems that because our average wage trebled under rodgers buying mostly dross

good players want more than the wages of the dross

and a lot more than the current average wage.

Which still doesnt come close to competing with lesser clubs in bigger leagues.

but still the cry is spend spend spend despite there being a covid crisis even less income and rising wages still in football.

hubris blinds reality

And reality stings when hubris crashes

I hope they have a rabbit they can produce, but if not we need to rebalance the destruction started by hiring rodgers

he did well

but the risks were so high that couple bad signings and your fecked especially if it seriously dents the income levels

throw in covid and corrupt officials and msm pushing some clandestine agendas and a complete obfuscation of actual real trustworthy news and boom

club is still in health

next move must change the balance correctly or it could get much worse much faster

the risks have never been higher through the sky funded windfalls destabilising the massive clubs outside the windfall selections

And you either need a sugar daddy with monster pockets or you cut your cloth

but will our fans abandon club if option 2 is the only option based on the myths promoted by our friendly media?

It looks very much like Lenny has left the building,we have 2 caretaker managers in place from next week..

HH
We have to try something to halt the freefall. I'd prefer Kennedy was cut loose too but maybe the reason for his appalling demeanour is that Lenny has been ignoring him too (but I'd have had more respect for him if he had quit).

You just know that Lawwell is hoping they are passable and then he will pop into the shower room and give them a new 3 year contract at the end of the season.

We have to try something to halt the freefall. I'd prefer Kennedy was cut loose too but maybe the reason for his appalling demeanour is that Lenny has been ignoring him too (but I'd have had more respect for him if he had quit).

You just know that Lawwell is hoping they are passable and then he will pop into the shower room and give them a new 3 year contract at the end of the season.
were just going from one disaster to another ,idon't rate kennedy if he'd any ambition to be a manager he should have left years ago and showed a bit of ambition

The financial risks are not the same.

The options of affordable replacements were much easier in past.

went from 30 million in bank to potentially -30 million in 1 season

And thats before a change is made.

Players and managers wages are influenced by the clubs average wage bill.

We are in high risk mode, rather than skinflint mode.

if we had been in skinflint mode replacing manager would be easy.

Some wanted even more spending at biggening of season.

And it turns out that huge wages and huge transfer fees for little known players is massive risk.

yet the known players who fit the bill are multiples higher than what we spent.

the kind of manager we would like is unlikely to come if he cant buy the type of players we would like. And although there are plenty of good managers out there we technically can afford the risks have never ever been higher.

And it seems to me most celtic fans think we can afford these big name managers and players because all those dudes you mentioned had players of a higher mental calibre and a much lower wage expectancy.

Had celtic not done the greatest transfer window in donkeys (thats what a lot of people were claiming at start of season) then the board would have been classed as not being ambitious enough.

They cut loose some of the bloated squad round the trimmings but it turns out the greatest transfer window in our history has possibly been the worst for club in donkeys.

Despite the precarious position club has stuck itself through excessive hubris we need a new manager

But who can we afford if 30+ million doesnt get you much better than buying Livingston reserves.

would buying Livingston reserves have been better?

no

cause they aren't good enough

And it seems that because our average wage trebled under rodgers buying mostly dross

good players want more than the wages of the dross

and a lot more than the current average wage.

Which still doesnt come close to competing with lesser clubs in bigger leagues.

but still the cry is spend spend spend despite there being a covid crisis even less income and rising wages still in football.

hubris blinds reality

And reality stings when hubris crashes

I hope they have a rabbit they can produce, but if not we need to rebalance the destruction started by hiring rodgers

he did well

but the risks were so high that couple bad signings and your fecked especially if it seriously dents the income levels

throw in covid and corrupt officials and msm pushing some clandestine agendas and a complete obfuscation of actual real trustworthy news and boom

club is still in health

next move must change the balance correctly or it could get much worse much faster

the risks have never been higher through the sky funded windfalls destabilising the massive clubs outside the windfall selections

And you either need a sugar daddy with monster pockets or you cut your cloth

but will our fans abandon club if option 2 is the only option based on the myths promoted by our friendly media?
I agree with what you’re saying TET. If nothing else I think Lawwel can by now figure out the cost of replacing Neil. I think the problem is he never considered the current situation as a possibility despite (IMHO) warning signs from the tail end of last season.
You said yourself - hubris blinds reality and when that bites it stings. That is Lawwell summed up right there.
I was a bit tongue in cheek with the ‘pictures’ remark but Lawwell in my opinion is TOO focused on purely financial results. You can take calculated risks. Look at Them. Do you think there’s any semblance of ‘calculated’ happening over there? And let’s not start the ‘they’ll be bust next week/next month/end of season’ tripe again. No chance. They’re being bankrolled. Short time in the current climate there’s nothing wrong with a little debt - we have the means to make it back again. And another question is if DD is so fkn rich couldn't he give us a loan like the hun crowd are shelling out to be paid back later?
Lawwell & co are too focused on the balance sheet and not the football side of things.
I’m sick of this shite 💩
Pardon the rant mate. I’m pissed by now.

What happened to the customer is always right? That's how PL sees us anyway.
Too many egos at the club and they can't see the wood for the trees.
Aye but Shammy, if you never actually listen to the customer then it is irrelevant what they say, think or do. PL thinks he is Celtic Football Club but he is just a temporary custodian of OUR club who has far out stayed his usefulness and welcome.

Feck this is the first transfer window i've ever known that we're not champing at the bit or a managers shouting reinforcements. it's not even a conversation this year, there aint no links in red tops, theyre too busy kicking the shit out of us to offer us hope
they're giving lenny eff all to spend and that suits their purpose

Back