Why ?

BIG-CUP-WINNERS

This is my first post on Celtic Noise. It may very well be provocative (touch a nerve in some ?) but it's heartfelt and in my opinion honest, in so much as it's my thoughts. It is introspective, but needed. Until we get back to supporting the team we may, in fact can expect, to loose the league to Sevco. Why, because they are united. That doesn't take much, they bond on supremacy, winning, lording it over someone. They need someone to celebrate against. Don't know when I first read that, "celebrate against", but it is poignant and true.

As a Celtic supporter I've never felt the need. I've a pride in our achievements that doesn't need the validation of comparison.

We lost the league because the Celtic club fell asleep. Not one thing, or one person, but our whole operation grew apathetic to winning. It became expected and when desire goes then the chance of 10 went too. I say the club because Celtic is us. Not individuals: NFL, Desmond, Brown or even guys like John Keane or Brian Quinn.

Stop looking for someone to blame, it's negative and won't change a damn thing. Look at your own motivation and positivity going forward, that is something you can do something about. If we or significant numbers of Celtic supporters do that then we will get back sooner than if we continue to wail.

I actually stopped going at 8 because I was so pissed off at Celtic fans complaining at the game. Toxic and hostile. The actual success of the team brought greater, increasing. unreasonable demands form our support. That is a sobering fact or it should be.

if you can say nothing positive about a player or prospective manager, say nothing. Anything else, is in fact, counterproductive.

Think not follow ? Thought and intuition makes Celtic different.

This is my first post on Celtic Noise. It may very well be provocative (touch a nerve in some ?) but it's heartfelt and in my opinion honest, in so much as it's my thoughts. It is introspective, but needed. Until we get back to supporting the team we may, in fact can expect, to loose the league to Sevco. Why, because they are united. That doesn't take much, they bond on supremacy, winning, lording it over someone. They need someone to celebrate against. Don't know when I first read that, "celebrate against", but it is poignant and true.

As a Celtic supporter I've never felt the need. I've a pride in our achievements that doesn't need the validation of comparison.

We lost the league because the Celtic club fell asleep. Not one thing, or one person, but our whole operation grew apathetic to winning. It became expected and when desire goes then the chance of 10 went too. I say the club because Celtic is us. Not individuals: NFL, Desmond, Brown or even guys like John Keane or Brian Quinn.

Stop looking for someone to blame, it's negative and won't change a damn thing. Look at your own motivation and positivity going forward, that is something you can do something about. If we or significant numbers of Celtic supporters do that then we will get back sooner than if we continue to wail.

I actually stopped going at 8 because I was so pissed off at Celtic fans complaining at the game. Toxic and hostile. The actual success of the team brought greater, increasing. unreasonable demands form our support. That is a sobering fact or it should be.

if you can say nothing positive about a player or prospective manager, say nothing. Anything else, is in fact, counterproductive.

Have to slightly disagree and have a different slant mate, that is the club never lost it's way it lost it's shape. The club stood back and never used the tools that had delivered the trebles, it failed to keep ahead of the curve and this directly comes from having no-one on the rudder who could guide it through choppy times.

They had a winning text book formula and never added to it, instead they manipulated it into their thinking and shape and it came unstuck, this cost the club dearly in a chance to accliam a never been done before ten title run, however, the winning formula can be restored and all it takes is someone who can rewrite the text book and take control and guide the club back on course.

The fans played their part in the purchase of the books and could only watch from afar and if you are suggesting players read negativity and dip into forums then it best clearing out the easily offended and fools who takes it in. Stromg leaders and players of strong character is required, the last group tried and failed and so be it, change then is inevitable, i look forward to the new chapter in Celtics illustrious unbroken history.

There are fans among the many who will complain regardless, thats football, but there is also diehards who will, will the team on and keep the cheering and noise going regardless of the happening on the field, we know who we are and we have our say on forums in the comfort of friends and fellow fans, but come the game we are one and united behind the team until start to finish.
Hail Hail and your opinion is very much valid and appreciated, however, from my position looking in, the media (including souptakers) tried to when it got a hold, of a negative, rip the heart out of Celtic and for that may everyone of them go under.

Everyones entitled to their opinion,negative or positive.....i ll bad mouth a player if i feel like he deserves it .

I dont think the demands were unreasonable either..this mob should have been nowhere near us if we went about our business the right way and not fell asleep at the wheel.

Sorry but i think supporters who pay a fortune on season tickets have every right to moan about this disaster of a season and bad mouth who they like ,im still fuming about losing the league to that shower.

Whoever comes in will get the full backing of the support but a clesr outs needed of the guys not good enough and the players who want away.

Blame lays solely at the door of the people running our club from board level to playing staff. Fans only want Celtic to win. We support them win, lose or draw but we want them to win. Even when we are being negative its only because we want them to win. It comes with the territory of playing or supporting Celtic. If certain fans or players can't handle that then they should go support or play for clubs like Dundee or Aberdeen.

Letting the custodians of our club know we arent happy is all we can do as fans. Looking for someone to blame when it all goes wrong is all we can do as fans. And if the board know that we won't trundle along happy and oblivious to what they are up to then it may prevent them treating us like our smelly neighbours board treat them across the city.

Interesting post , not sure I agree with many points
Say nothing ,,, no thank you , pays my money , I am entitled to my opinion

stop looking for someone to blame , no thank you , it’s obvious there are individuals to blame for our collapse , hence we are now looking for a new manager

Celtic as a club fell asleep , no thank you , 55,000 season tickets holders , were very much awake

no fans , we should expect to lose ???

your opinion is your opinion , fair enough , but not for me

As most of you know I dont know how to start a new thread so I end up just posting things where I can,sorry about that Bhoys and Ghirls..
Anyway maybe this wee bit of good news will keep us all happy until our next manager is introduced to footballs greatest supporters.

HH.

Welcome to the noise BCW good starting post lots to agree with.
But we’ve never learned the true lessons of complacency we’re the best in theWorld at that. But again welcome enjoy the madness

HH 🍀

Welcome to the noise BCW good starting post lots to agree with.
But we’ve never learned the true lessons of complacency we’re the best in theWorld at that. But again welcome enjoy the madness

HH 🍀

Personally I think the OP could have been written by Lawwell and signed off by DD. "Don't blame us, it's everyone's fault, we are all in this together. If you fans weren't so entitled we might have won the league"

As most of you know I dont know how to start a new thread so I end up just posting things where I can,sorry about that Bhoys and Ghirls..
Anyway maybe this wee bit of good news will keep us all happy until our next manager is introduced to footballs greatest supporters.

HH.
To starts a thread.....click on the forums sign at the top left of the page....pick which group you wish to place it in, Celtic chat or general chat.......click the orange signing the right hand side that says “post thread”....simples👍

Personally I think the OP could have been written by Lawwell and signed off by DD. "Don't blame us, it's everyone's fault, we are all in this together. If you fans weren't so entitled we might have won the league"

But its your opinion and its good to have another one on the noise....so welcome Big Cup Winners. I look forward to agreeing and disagreeing with you 😁😁😁

Welcome...Big-Cup-Winners,On the noise mate we are all afforded the opportunity to voice our opinions whether or not we all agree with what has been said is a different matter but it is still our opinion.
I personally hold 3 men responsible for the season we have had,Lawwell, Lennon, and Hammond.
Lawwell for being the biggest egotistical fool I have ever come across,Lenny for not standing up for himself against Lawwell and Hammond for bringing in desperate signings..
As regards to you telling us not to look for somebody to blame that is what I said at the start of this post mate,,this is an opinion,, your opinion and our opinion whether or not we choose somebody to blame,,we have all invested heavily in Celtic over the years whether it has been through season ticket money or turnstyle money it is an investment,you might even go as far as saying we are silent board members who can only voice their opinion outside the board room so
Big-Cup-Winners if you choose not to blame anybody for a disastrous season that is your entitlement just the same as I my entitlement was to see the back of Lenny because IMO if the fans had not shown their disgust by displaying banners or emails or on twitter accounts then Neil Lennon would still be in the Boss,s chair tonight..thankfully I dont have to worry about that anymore,but as I said mate,that is only my opinion..

HH.

Welcome BCW, I actually agree with a lot of your points but I think it's fair to criticise individuals when it's justified as long as it doesn't border on hatred. Some of the shit Lennon has had to endure this season has been nothing short of embarrassing. We can't claim to be the best fans in the world then attack our own team bus, abuse our own manager etc in my opinion.
I was actually accused of being positive about the Celtic position 18 months ago after the treble treble and cantering to 8 in a row! 🤷‍♂️
I think wanting more is a normal human trait, we had 9 years of utter dominance but we wanted more. Entitled is a word that offends many so let's call it expectant.
I suppose the lesson is when things are going well enjoy every minute of it, and when things are going tits up don't get too down instead look forward to it getting better again.
A lesson for life....
(Fuck me I'm a positive thinking guru!😺)

Welcome BCY, what a superb first post; bloody hell, I hope you haven't peaked too early ! I agree with most of your points, but being the auld geezer that I am, I struggle to remember a time when fans didn't moan about something or other. That goes all the way back to The Lions and Big Jock.
It goes with the territory, part of the game, we all feel we're experts, even when we're obviously not.

On a personal level, I always try to keep my criticism as constructive as I possibly can; I've made the point on The Noise that, for me, the cause of our collapse wasn't all down to Lenny, but at the same time, I agreed he had to go. What I will never do is indulge in personal abuse, it really never solves anything. We are on the verge of a completely new era at this wonderful club of ours, and in truth I have no idea if the changes will work out for the best or not. I hope with all my being we've got things right, and I will definitely support the folk coming into the club, no matter who they are. But it's a fact, you really can't please all of the people all of the time. It would seem some folk have already made their minds up, some delighted, some not so much. Either way, we've plenty to talk/moan about. Long may it continue.

Last edited:
Welcome BCW, I actually agree with a lot of your points but I think it's fair to criticise individuals when it's justified as long as it doesn't border on hatred. Some of the shit Lennon has had to endure this season has been nothing short of embarrassing. We can't claim to be the best fans in the world then attack our own team bus, abuse our own manager etc in my opinion.
I was actually accused of being positive about the Celtic position 18 months ago after the treble treble and cantering to 8 in a row! 🤷‍♂️
I think wanting more is a normal human trait, we had 9 years of utter dominance but we wanted more. Entitled is a word that offends many so let's call it expectant.
I suppose the lesson is when things are going well enjoy every minute of it, and when things are going tits up don't get too down instead look forward to it getting better again.
A lesson for life....
(Fuck me I'm a positive thinking guru!😺)
Hello there bcw welcome to the noise. I read your post with interest, as a Celtic supporter of nearly 60 years I'll start with a little bit of history, I remember the day we won the Big cup, as a team we were as one, we took on the establishment of international club of Milan, we showed Europe and the world how football could be played, on that day Glasgow became the centre of the football World. As a supporter it became apparent to me, even as a child that our club is special. This last season has been one to endure, you say don't look for one to blame, don't be negative say nothing. As most noises on here I have a variety of opinions on players and club policies, but there's an old saying, all it takes is for good men to say nothing for evil to flourish. And I sir think that allowing ibrokes to flourish isn't what we should do. So sir again welcome, and I look forward to reading your posts in the future HH

Hello there bcw welcome to the noise. I read your post with interest, as a Celtic supporter of nearly 60 years I'll start with a little bit of history, I remember the day we won the Big cup, as a team we were as one, we took on the establishment of international club of Milan, we showed Europe and the world how football could be played, on that day Glasgow became the centre of the football World. As a supporter it became apparent to me, even as a child that our club is special. This last season has been one to endure, you say don't look for one to blame, don't be negative say nothing. As most noises on here I have a variety of opinions on players and club policies, but there's an old saying, all it takes is for good men to say nothing for evil to flourish. And I sir think that allowing ibrokes to flourish isn't what we should do. So sir again welcome, and I look forward to reading your posts in the future HH
Untitled.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Back