Wife Beater

Having lived with an alcoholic I'm aware that this is an illness that affects the whole family and the fallout on those around the addict have long term repercussions but it is a condition that with help can be managed but that old cliche "you have to want to change" is very true. It's probably the reason I don't drink very much or very often because I've seen the damage caused by it. Your honesty is refreshing Maria - more power to you, one day at a time.

Love you pal ❤️

Fair play to ye ghirl, will say a wee prayer to st maximillian kolbe and to matt talbot as well for your continued strength

I say mines to St Monica’s son St Augustine who himself was a notorius alcoholic, lol.

Made of strong stuff lol.

We all get through the rubbish in life so we can truly appreciate the great stuff.

Which to me is usually the little things that can pass a selfish alcoholic by un-noticed.

I notice these things and love it.

HH my wonderful friends. ??????

Having lived with an alcoholic I'm aware that this is an illness that affects the whole family and the fallout on those around the addict have long term repercussions but it is a condition that with help can be managed but that old cliche "you have to want to change" is very true. It's probably the reason I don't drink very much or very often because I've seen the damage caused by it. Your honesty is refreshing Maria - more power to you, one day at a time.

Sorry to hear that Shamrock, i know only too well the implications of the family illness, family suffering and family recovery.

I too inflicted fear in my home, children worried about me, d worried about me is this going to be the night they get a chap at the door telling them i was dead.

Still makes me feel terrible that my family went through that. I use that on my good days to drive me Shamrock.

My home was always full of laughter but that died for a couple of years because d hated the ground i walked on he couldn’t understand it but then i wasn’t owning it either. The atmosphere could not have been nice for my sons

I had to admit it see, all i could see was him cramping my fun.... fkn joke coz it was misery but just couldn’t see the wood fae the tree’s.

Trust is back, the laughters back and my family are really tight.

Still only ever an arm away though and i will never truly beat it until i die sober but i intend to have a fantastic crack at life n living long before that happens ??

Its just about managing it. Hail Hail my very good friend.

Sorry to hear that Shamrock, i know only too well the implications of the family illness, family suffering and family recovery.

I too inflicted fear in my home, children worried about me, d worried about me is this going to be the night they get a chap at the door telling them i was dead.

Still makes me feel terrible that my family went through that. I use that on my good days to drive me Shamrock.

My home was always full of laughter but that died for a couple of years because d hated the ground i walked on he couldn’t understand it but then i wasn’t owning it either. The atmosphere could not have been nice for my sons

I had to admit it see, all i could see was him cramping my fun.... fkn joke coz it was misery but just couldn’t see the wood fae the tree’s.

Trust is back, the laughters back and my family are really tight.

Still only ever an arm away though and i will never truly beat it until i die sober but i intend to have a fantastic crack at life n living long before that happens ??

Its just about managing it. Hail Hail my very good friend.
Oh you will beat it, Maria if you attack it the same way you do every other aspect of your life. ?

my old man was an alcoholic, spent the wages on drink on a Friday, came home and battered us,iwas 13 the oldest of seven kids,milk round, school,paper round,then sell "times,citizen" outside the pub,tuesday mornings had to go to the post office to collect the family allowance,so late for school,4 of the belt for being late! later I realised my father was a weak man,unable to cope with raising a family, instead he dived into a bottle,i swore I would never have children, in case I turned out like him,the relationships I ended because the the lady I was with, wanting to be the mother of my child still kind of haunts me but hey I am where I am, was I being selfish, I don't know, but I do know the world is a shithole,and I feel so sorry for the young generation,because good people like you buoys and ghirls are outnumbered by the bad,just check celtic blog ffs! anywayHH ynwa

Do you know what michael, you have a lovely family that visit regularly and whilst you didn’t conform to the 2.4 setup you had a fantastic life in your gigging etc.

My goodness i think i put the meloncholy on everyone tonight.

Truth is we have all had shite its making the sugar count

My dad died when i got my 10 months sobriety, hadn’t spoke to them for years my choice, the guilt killed me and i lifted the drink.

Truth is it was strained upbringing at best of times yet i was lost no closure.

Pit the drink down and back on wagon.

Life does not miss anyone but we do have choices. HH ☘️

The whole notion of inducting Gazza was an extremely ill advised idea in the first place. His flute mimicking was akin to inciting a riot and no doubt A&Es up and down the country seen a rise in numbers that weekend.
It'sanother example of the SFA's ineptitude and ridiculously bad ideas which appear to be on permanent loop. I've always believed that the only way for real change to happen within the SFA is for the tartan army to boycott Scotland and the national stadium until such a time when the SFA at least fall into line with UEFA and begin to run the game in accordance with the rules of the modern game, something that currently doesn't happen. The SFA are accountable to no-one not even UEFA on countless occasions finding loopholes time and again. Making incredulous decisions repeatedly. Having the national side play at a half empty hampden rather than a full capacity pittodrie or tyncastle for the visit of the current European champions&charging £30 a ticket for a meaningless friendly that doesn't even have the likes of Ronaldo quaresma etc

I hear ye pal, the fuqers got to sleep sometime i feel sorry for girls that won’t cave their nuts in then, before anyone starts wi violence never solves anything look at your daughters slepping tonight.

Violence go’s a long fukin way dealing with vermin.

Totally hear you Richey, drugs destroy lives and everyone was a 2 year old once eh? Puts a different slant on it.

I am an alcoholic, some days are a right struggle but i attend regular meetings at AA and sometimes im winning sometimes not so cool.

Mostly winning though. I have a great family that are wonderful and a fantastic home life.

Add my job into the mix and i am a very busy ghirl.

There is help available but it takes guts to shake the cloak off and put the work into it.

Being alcoholic gives no-one the right to give up.

I can see that may sound harsh but people with addictions are a pain in the arse to everyone we come into contact with.

Police hospitals shop keepers neighbours.

An addiction makes the person a chief manipulator in getting what they want and they are incapable of putting anyone over themselves.

It is hard to watch but i suggest to anyone
If there’s a problem go solve it. Get the help, take back your self respect and go for it.

Stay away from one drink for oneself for one day and keep it simple. Its then impossible for me to get drunk.

Don’t get me wrong words need actions and not everyday is a walk in the park but life is fantastic for me in sobriety.

It is chaos, unmanageable and unsafe for me when drink was drunk.

Sometimes a lot of humour is good too.

At AA meetings there is well dressed people with lovely healthy faces laughing and joking just supporting each other.

I cannot tell you how many young people are in it, it would shock most.

At the end of the day we are all getting better together.

After the drink gets put down you still have to deal with the addictive personality, your head and the isms thats why meetings are so important.

Don’t feel sorry for us as there are people with non inflicted terminal illnesses, i say empower us to get better and acknowledge we are luckier than some poor souls and that we should never forget nor strive forward to be the best for us and everyone around us.

Wallowing in self pity doesn’t help us with addictions it allows us to keep doing it.

Great issue Richey given my personal on it. People on hard line drugs class A’s, there is also help available in other fellowships however i do feel personally they are better in rehab first. I do think theirs is an almighty struggle.... but it is achieveable and to intimate to them what they want to hear eg poor poor you, it allows them the comfort of the cycle and their continued manipulation of everyone round about them. Its unacceptable. This could stop them signing their own death warrants.

HH Richey pal. Yer a ⭐
Well said Maria, we share that find, I only got back to oz 6 weeks ago and I was walking through saltmarket and saw this, ODAAT on a shop front, I walked right in and ,I was plugged right in and a meeting had started 2 mins before I walked in!! How is that for the HP?

Let us not apply double standards. Among the greatest of Celts we have those who battled problems with alcohol and who were not saints to their partner.
However, the original nomination of 'Gaza' was a strange one as he has always been divisive and could never be viewed as an ambassador for Scottish football.
I trust he was 'blackballed' for his participation in songs and events that promoted the 'peepul' and which failed to champion diversity...but I wonder if those who made the decision bother much about such things.

To be honest the guy is / was a buffoon A child with an exceptional talent who never really grew up

Admittedly he did show moments of genius but at the same time would stick 2 fingers up at the authorities e.g. booking the referee Dougie Smith (who?) when the ref dropped his yellow card and Gascoigne picked it up in a match against Hibs only for the Smith to book Gascoigne in return

The real reason I expect that Gascoigne was vetoed from entering the Hall of fame is that he is the only Rangers player ever to have been granted an audience with the Pope which o curred when he played with Lazio prior to an Italian Cup Final ???

HH☘️

I hadnt even consideredthat ? wasn't he sentenced to 6months solitary confinement for singing fog on the tyne??

To be honest the guy is / was a buffoon A child with an exceptional talent who never really grew up

Admittedly he did show moments of genius but at the same time would stick 2 fingers up at the authorities e.g. booking the referee Dougie Smith (who?) when the ref dropped his yellow card and Gascoigne picked it up in a match against Hibs only for the Smith to book Gascoigne in return

The real reason I expect that Gascoigne was vetoed from entering the Hall of fame is that he is the only Rangers player ever to have been granted an audience with the Pope which o curred when he played with Lazio prior to an Italian Cup Final ???

HH☘️

Perhaps the meeting with the Holy Father will be cited as the reason he was black balled in the end.

Well said Maria, we share that find, I only got back to oz 6 weeks ago and I was walking through saltmarket and saw this, ODAAT on a shop front, I walked right in and ,I was plugged right in and a meeting had started 2 mins before I walked in!! How is that for the HP?

We are not islands, some of the strongest people i know succumbed to addiction. For me personally i loved to party and don’t know when the line was crossed from sociable drinking to alcoholic drinking but that doesn’t matter.

Its quite an emotive subject for so many.

Good on you pal, trying to make a difference and get better for you, everyone gets better round you too.

Yes, your higher power is working hard for you pal. You were clearly led there.

Im a firm believer in God doesn’t make shite and Jesus forgave us all on the cross who are we mere mortals to throw that back in his face by not trying to forgive ourselves.

I hope your journey is full of goodness pal and i will be routing for you.

Any time you need a bit of head space or a rant feel free to pm me.

We all get there with a little help.

Go you x

This is an incredibly sad thread but has many positives, which is why it's good to talk. There is just too much to comment on, except to say that I just hope you all find some peace and contentment, within yourselves.

I stopped drinking about two years ago because I got so bored with it. I was lucky cause it wasn't a problem for me to stop. It was like my mind just said fuck it!

I was never an alcoholic, just a complete and utter fuckwit with drink in me - still am at times, just in case you hadn't noticed! I never liked it, never liked what I became and didn't even think about taste. Can't say I ever enjoyed a drink for taste alone.

I think life is better but it doesn't suddenly become magical. In fact, the mundaneness is just the same, without the hangovers.

Just wanted to wish you all well, whatever you're going through!

This is an incredibly sad thread but has many positives, which is why it's good to talk. There is just too much to comment on, except to say that I just hope you all find some peace and contentment, within yourselves.

I stopped drinking about two years ago because I got so bored with it. I was lucky cause it wasn't a problem for me to stop. It was like my mind just said fuck it!

I was never an alcoholic, just a complete and utter fuckwit with drink in me - still am at times, just in case you hadn't noticed! I never liked it, never liked what I became and didn't even think about taste. Can't say I ever enjoyed a drink for taste alone.

I think life is better but it doesn't suddenly become magical. In fact, the mundaneness is just the same, without the hangovers.

??

Its all about gratitude Anton, if we Lose our gratitude even for the peace rather than chaos we are unable to appreciate the mundane too.

Chaos for us is shattering and your spot on life isn’t always a box o chocs i just need to remember to be grateful for the peace i now have.

I think its all a balance. I do know i could never do this on my own though.

Thank you for your kind words

And you know what? I am am 28 today!! 28years nae swally,
The rewards are to many to count lads. Onward and upward!roll on the weekend COYBIG Maria

God Bless you sweetheart. We can do anything absolutely anything when we don’t lift that poison.

Happy Birthday pal. You rock!

Go and see likeminded friends and be good to yourself. X. ???

I hear ye pal, the fuqers got to sleep sometime i feel sorry for girls that won’t cave their nuts in then, before anyone starts wi violence never solves anything look at your daughters slepping tonight.

Violence go’s a long fukin way dealing with vermin.

Totally hear you Richey, drugs destroy lives and everyone was a 2 year old once eh? Puts a different slant on it.

I am an alcoholic, some days are a right struggle but i attend regular meetings at AA and sometimes im winning sometimes not so cool.

Mostly winning though. I have a great family that are wonderful and a fantastic home life.

Add my job into the mix and i am a very busy ghirl.

There is help available but it takes guts to shake the cloak off and put the work into it.

Being alcoholic gives no-one the right to give up.

I can see that may sound harsh but people with addictions are a pain in the arse to everyone we come into contact with.

Police hospitals shop keepers neighbours.

An addiction makes the person a chief manipulator in getting what they want and they are incapable of putting anyone over themselves.

It is hard to watch but i suggest to anyone
If there’s a problem go solve it. Get the help, take back your self respect and go for it.

Stay away from one drink for oneself for one day and keep it simple. Its then impossible for me to get drunk.

Don’t get me wrong words need actions and not everyday is a walk in the park but life is fantastic for me in sobriety.

It is chaos, unmanageable and unsafe for me when drink was drunk.

Sometimes a lot of humour is good too.

At AA meetings there is well dressed people with lovely healthy faces laughing and joking just supporting each other.

I cannot tell you how many young people are in it, it would shock most.

At the end of the day we are all getting better together.

After the drink gets put down you still have to deal with the addictive personality, your head and the isms thats why meetings are so important.

Don’t feel sorry for us as there are people with non inflicted terminal illnesses, i say empower us to get better and acknowledge we are luckier than some poor souls and that we should never forget nor strive forward to be the best for us and everyone around us.

Wallowing in self pity doesn’t help us with addictions it allows us to keep doing it.

Great issue Richey given my personal on it. People on hard line drugs class A’s, there is also help available in other fellowships however i do feel personally they are better in rehab first. I do think theirs is an almighty struggle.... but it is achieveable and to intimate to them what they want to hear eg poor poor you, it allows them the comfort of the cycle and their continued manipulation of everyone round about them. Its unacceptable. This could stop them signing their own death warrants.

HH Richey pal. Yer a ⭐

That couldn't have been easy to write Maria.

My sincerest best wishes and respect go out to you my friend in Celtic

Back