Wife Beater

That couldn't have been easy to write Maria.

My sincerest best wishes and respect go out to you my friend in Celtic

No, but its important to own your sh*t for me pal.

Lifes life no point hiding.

Thats why i love having a laugh, only take the things seriously that i feel strongly about and try n live n let live.

HH pal ☘️

Great post Marie, your life and your struggles should show others what is possible. Everyone has their own personal battle in life, and it appears you are winning the good fight.
More power to you!

Great post Marie, your life and your struggles should show others what is possible. Everyone has their own personal battle in life, and it appears you are winning the good fight.
More power to you!

We only get there when we put the work in but when we have so much support, i am very very grateful tbh for all mines.

HH pal ☘️

No, but its important to own your sh*t for me pal.

Lifes life no point hiding.

Thats why i love having a laugh, only take the things seriously that i feel strongly about and try n live n let live.

HH pal ☘️

Maria,

I doubt you will, but I hope you shall, appreciate the magnitude of what you have stated here today. It is an absolutely MASSIVE statement and one that every single person on here should be grateful for reading.

I hate alcohol so much, I hate it for the lives it has ruined.

I know there are those who say they can handle it responsibly; I imagine there are very few who are telling the truth in that regard unless they're talking about a sherry at Christmas. Actually, I thought Christmas would be shite without a beer - it wasn't. It was just much nicer! Not spectacularly better, just better!

I wish you so much luck for the future, so many times it can be just a bit of luck that makes the difference from taking the right path, for ourselves.

I wish there was more I could say but I just don't have the ability to do so.

My very best wishes shall be with you at all times. I promise you that!

Maria,

I doubt you will, but I hope you shall, appreciate the magnitude of what you have stated here today. It is an absolutely MASSIVE statement and one that every single person on here should be grateful for reading.

I hate alcohol so much, I hate it for the lives it has ruined.

I know there are those who say they can handle it responsibly; I imagine there are very few who are telling the truth in that regard unless they're talking about a sherry at Christmas. Actually, I thought Christmas would be shite without a beer - it wasn't. It was just much nicer! Not spectacularly better, just better!

I wish you so much luck for the future, so many times it can be just a bit of luck that makes the difference from taking the right path, for ourselves.

I wish there was more I could say but I just don't have the ability to do so.

My very best wishes shall be with you at all times. I promise you that!

Thank you so much Anton, means a lot.

I do okay pal, i just keep going for my medicine.

Drink itself was horrific for me i used to drink a ltr off voodoo to keep me functioning.

My drinking was destructive. I am happy to share as i know when i was in the mire and couldn’t see a way out the salvation of choice came through the AA.

I realised that i didn’t need a drink, that was a revelation because i genuinely thought i needed it.

I s’pose i am open about it to show anyone suffering in silence there is life after misery.

HH Anton ☘️☘️

Gazza was and is (it seems) a very messed up guy. Drink. Generally low intellect. Fame addiction. Self pity. It’s all there. He also played for them and courted the religioun card from start to finish. However, he was a gifted footballer. And I could be wrong but I’ve never fully got behind the wife beater angle given how his ex wife capitalised on it via interviews and newspaper articles. She was smarter than him. Used him. But god strike me down, I don’t know that he beat her up. Can’t know for sure because he is a very unreliable purveyor of information generally an may have been too drunk to know he never did it. Again, I’m speculating. He may well have did it, in which case I don’t think he should’ve been considered. As a footballer though, he was special. Great talent. Utter thug too, and at the Huns he got away with even more of that. In fact I don’t think it’s a stretch to say he wouldn’t be in the state he is now had he went to England, instead of followings easy (likely tax free) money to join the horrid juggernaut of 90s Rangers.

Another thing that should exclude him is length of service. Two years. His third year was barely a year. He left in March if memory serves. Long before the league ended. Again, for money. Money for Murray and himself. So it’s complicated I think. A no, overall. What’s even more funny/complicated is the Huns feeling he is excluded on the grounds of his club and nationality. Maybe if I’ve got TEN YEARS I’ll post about that one day! Haha! Jesus Christ. They are the most illogical group society has to offer at times. Another Hun success story. My two cents. Apologies in advance to Sheryl if it was all true.

BHH

I get what your saying because an alcoholic makes everyone around them twisted

However, her face was black n blue when pictures were taken.... black and blue, think about that for a moment.

Latter gf were to report that he was so controlling that he turned up to her work to abuse her and this was backed up by her company....

No doubt in my mind that cheryl put up n shut up for so long to either bring her kids up or keep them in the lifestyle those kids were accustomed to, or through fear or through love.

No doubt in my mind that he had overstepped more boundaries than most women would expect.

I do agree with you on the pox advocating the worst of an alcoholic though. Alcoholics seek to please and be part of.

This should be left at the pox’s door without doubt, they courted and encouraged that behaviour and most likely laughed at him for doing so given his name is paul.

However, as an alcoholic myself, i have never sold my own out nor have i ever forgotten what is right and wrong.

The first analogy of your post is right in my book.

Boy from the wrong side of the tracks did well but his head couldn’t handle it and he became the ned he was trying to run away from.

HH pal ☘️

I get what your saying because an alcoholic makes everyone around them twisted

However, her face was black n blue when pictures were taken.... black and blue, think about that for a moment.

Latter gf were to report that he was so controlling that he turned up to her work to abuse her and this was backed up by her company....

No doubt in my mind that cheryl put up n shut up for so long to either bring her kids up or keep them in the lifestyle those kids were accustomed to, or through fear or through love.

No doubt in my mind that he had overstepped more boundaries than most women would expect.

I do agree with you on the pox advocating the worst of an alcoholic though. Alcoholics seek to please and be part of.

This should be left at the pox’s door without doubt, they courted and encouraged that behaviour and most likely laughed at him for doing so given his name is paul.

However, as an alcoholic myself, i have never sold my own out nor have i ever forgotten what is right and wrong.

The first analogy of your post is right in my book.

Boy from the wrong side of the tracks did well but his head couldn’t handle it and he became the ned he was trying to run away from.

HH pal ☘️

P.S. In my mind, in no way ever, was Cheryl right to stay from the very outset.

Great post Maria, lot of well points well put. Have been around alcoholics in my time but thankfully never had to experience it first hand. Majority of thk are lovely people when not pulled in by their particular demonic influence (alcohol).

Valid points about Sheryl, lot of reasons why she may reacted that way. She also went back eh? Which again, can be but sometimes but not always a sign of being caught in a cycle of abuse and forgiveness. I think she went back anyway, would need to check. The guy is a shambles. The SFA are a shambles. He does actually kind of belong being a “poster boy” for them! Haha! Disastrous, powerful (through talent), abberation of an individual.

BHH

This is an incredibly sad thread but has many positives, which is why it's good to talk. There is just too much to comment on, except to say that I just hope you all find some peace and contentment, within yourselves.

I stopped drinking about two years ago because I got so bored with it. I was lucky cause it wasn't a problem for me to stop. It was like my mind just said fuck it!

I was never an alcoholic, just a complete and utter fuckwit with drink in me - still am at times, just in case you hadn't noticed! I never liked it, never liked what I became and didn't even think about taste. Can't say I ever enjoyed a drink for taste alone.

I think life is better but it doesn't suddenly become magical. In fact, the mundaneness is just the same, without the hangovers.

Just wanted to wish you all well, whatever you're going through!

Your not a fkwit anton, you have had many things in life shaping your view.

A lot of people run from God for this but its man that causes grief, not God in my view.

As for the things i can never understand like child deaths etc i think if its medical or an accident then this is purgatory and these sweet souls had very little to work of... i know i will live till im very very old.

As for the other devils work when children are abused etc i think thats the devils work but God takes these good souls in.

I know you n I have a big difference of thought on this, i genuinely understand yours, mines helps give me comfort thtough life.

But in saying that, i would never, ever like to be truly tested because i don’t think i would meet the mark if i ever lost one of my children.
I have asked the Good Lord himself to keep my children safe, as for me, like most o would put myself in front of them.

For me its nick that causes grief but that if thats the case my God grants salvation and we will never rot being bitches for nick.

Equally i know that my thinking is only my thinking.

I have come from everywhere where my faith is questioned, usually disrespectfully and i’m not saying now you were disrespectful other than you questioning it through your life experience.

It just gets tough sometimes anton coz mostly your up against every soul that is against you having your faith, in scotland that has always been hateful. It tends to get my havkles up.

But God strike me down right now if i say an untruth, for me, it is man that causes more heartache n grief and God that grants salvation.

God does not make shite and Jesus forgave us all on the cross, who are we to doubt that we shall all be in heaven.

HH im not trying to convert you to my way of thinking, merely trying to offer ... peace?

Either way you can be grumpy but i knew we could be friends at the start, perhaps there was better ways for me to engage your friendship, my bad. ??

Few typos there! Should have read “cam sometimes but not always be”. Gazza an abberation? My typing in that relative pantheon there! Hehe!

BHH
U

They say i have an eddy patch on when im typing, my pals, eh?

Yeah, i think the world and his dog took a-leny him, which is shoite but if your man enough for responsibility and reliability, which lets face it most kids in the country are managing kids at 17 on a fraction and stepping up?

Yes you could say its harder for him the amount of cash he earned, i would say that made it slightly better to get professional paid assistance in rehab at the drop of a hat.

That was never an iption for me because i had to ensure my earnings to provide a roof n food for my kids.

It comes back to acceptance and responsibility for me time n time again and trust me i struggle but i will never, ever give up so what makes his family less better?

Nothing. It comes back to him. He is the only person that can fix that, with help, help is useless though if he isn’t in it to win it, if you catch my drift pal.

Once you know, you know therefore you have to become accountable.

Loadsa love right at ye HH pal ☘️

HH to you Maria, aside from everything else you have shared on this website (knowledgable and unvarnished truth), you and I have the further blessings that A: we are tims and B: we would never EVER have to reasonably be or otherwise trying to defend a Celtic player like this. None have came close to Gazza’s antics and he isn’t even close to the worst they have had in my opinion (I’m looking at you Andy Goram...and.....Christ too many to account for here!).

Celtic gentleman, Auld, Larsson, Gemmel, McStay, Stein, O’Neil, Burns.....

To name less than 1%.

Even the fact this forum can initiate these types of discussions is a credit to Celtic and Celtic fans.

Bring on the ten!

BHH

Your not a fkwit anton, you have had many things in life shaping your view.

A lot of people run from God for this but its man that causes grief, not God in my view.

As for the things i can never understand like child deaths etc i think if its medical or an accident then this is purgatory and these sweet souls had very little to work of... i know i will live till im very very old.

As for the other devils work when children are abused etc i think thats the devils work but God takes these good souls in.

I know you n I have a big difference of thought on this, i genuinely understand yours, mines helps give me comfort thtough life.

But in saying that, i would never, ever like to be truly tested because i don’t think i would meet the mark if i ever lost one of my children.
I have asked the Good Lord himself to keep my children safe, as for me, like most o would put myself in front of them.

For me its nick that causes grief but that if thats the case my God grants salvation and we will never rot being bitches for nick.

Equally i know that my thinking is only my thinking.

I have come from everywhere where my faith is questioned, usually disrespectfully and i’m not saying now you were disrespectful other than you questioning it through your life experience.

It just gets tough sometimes anton coz mostly your up against every soul that is against you having your faith, in scotland that has always been hateful. It tends to get my havkles up.

But God strike me down right now if i say an untruth, for me, it is man that causes more heartache n grief and God that grants salvation.

God does not make shite and Jesus forgave us all on the cross, who are we to doubt that we shall all be in heaven.

HH im not trying to convert you to my way of thinking, merely trying to offer ... peace?

Either way you can be grumpy but i knew we could be friends at the start, perhaps there was better ways for me to engage your friendship, my bad. ??

Maria, first and foremost, I believe that every single one of us can/do act like idiots at times. Anyone who thinks otherwise is genuinely deluded and I think that hypocrisy is what makes me so grumpy. Even saying that, I have to realise that I'm a feckin' hypocrite a lot of times as well. Confused? Try being me for a while ?

I don't get God at all. It's nothing to do with the many wrongs in this world, it goes back to the very beginnings of the decision to make Christianity the world religion. We could as easily be pagan as religious.

I always think the acts that Jesus was attributed with are a series of Chinese whispers - mental, I know! However, again in my defence, I don't think I've criticised anyone for having faith as I really wish I did have some sort of hope in a Devine power.

One thing that religious people have that I don't is, 'hope', for a better future. Many, I feel - maybe wrongly, have no 'hope' at all in this world and that is such a desolate feeling. I know, seriously!

In relation to 'us', I never doubted that we'd end up on the same page. I just had to let you get the anger out as women are wired up ?

Seriously though, I just walk away and wait for both people to calm down and become logical again.

Having said that, it is good to have a rant at each other sometimes as it'll become boring if we have to be nice all the time. I enjoy it at times - hopefully you do too! ?

Hopefully we'll have more banter - especially if one of us is just pissed off!

We'll always find our way home in the end - 'This is how it feels to be Celtic'!!!

Maria, first and foremost, I believe that every single one of us can/do act like idiots at times. Anyone who thinks otherwise is genuinely deluded and I think that hypocrisy is what makes me so grumpy. Even saying that, I have to realise that I'm a feckin' hypocrite a lot of times as well. Confused? Try being me for a while ?

I don't get God at all. It's nothing to do with the many wrongs in this world, it goes back to the very beginnings of the decision to make Christianity the world religion. We could as easily be pagan as religious.

I always think the acts that Jesus was attributed with are a series of Chinese whispers - mental, I know! However, again in my defence, I don't think I've criticised anyone for having faith as I really wish I did have some sort of hope in a Devine power.

One thing that religious people have that I don't is, 'hope', for a better future. Many, I feel - maybe wrongly, have no 'hope' at all in this world and that is such a desolate feeling. I know, seriously!

In relation to 'us', I never doubted that we'd end up on the same page. I just had to let you get the anger out as women are wired up ?

Seriously though, I just walk away and wait for both people to calm down and become logical again.

Having said that, it is good to have a rant at each other sometimes as it'll become boring if we have to be nice all the time. I enjoy it at times - hopefully you do too! ?

Hopefully we'll have more banter - especially if one of us is just pissed off!

We'll always find our way home in the end - 'This is how it feels to be Celtic'!!!

Magic post Anton, yes i can go on the defensive when i feel my faith is being run down.

I now accept that was not your intention and im happy with that.

Each to our own.

Yes i love banter, no worries on that score Anton ?

Friends again suits me, i hate arguing with my own.

I will continue to go back to the old blog when i want a fight ??

For i am not a ?

HH pal ☘️

HH to you Maria, aside from everything else you have shared on this website (knowledgable and unvarnished truth), you and I have the further blessings that A: we are tims and B: we would never EVER have to reasonably be or otherwise trying to defend a Celtic player like this. None have came close to Gazza’s antics and he isn’t even close to the worst they have had in my opinion (I’m looking at you Andy Goram...and.....Christ too many to account for here!).

Celtic gentleman, Auld, Larsson, Gemmel, McStay, Stein, O’Neil, Burns.....

To name less than 1%.

Even the fact this forum can initiate these types of discussions is a credit to Celtic and Celtic fans.

Bring on the ten!

BHH

Thats it B, we wouldn’t defend the in-defenceable.

It would be hard to and i wouldn’t want to yet feel hypocritical because i support violence, retaliation etc.

I am very direct and don’t hide these facts about myself and i know that these are some of my own character defects.

But my logic is hypocritical, i guess.

HH B, you rock ???

Back