Will he stay or should he go.

I feel dirty - I clicked on a link before realising it was for the Scotsman.

The article was about Gareth Bale joining Los Angeles rather than a British club. They were suggesting that - despite being heavily linked with him - sevco were wary after having their fingers burnt by taking Arsehole Ramsey on loan. Like there was ever a chance of sevco being able to afford Bale!

They only got Ramsey for a pittance because he was so awful that his current side were happy to pay almost all of his wages just to break his contract so that Ramsey could not automatically trigger a clause meaning his contract would automatically be extended at £400K+ a week for another 12 months.

Oh my fecking sides... 🥳
For once I would love one of these gantasy signings to come out in the media and say there was absolutely zero chance of me joining Shitco and whoever prints that shite isny right in the heid….that wud make great reading and put these fuckwit fanboys in their place

We seem to be buying into the tired auld which current Celtic player the SMSM want to sell. He’s said nothing other than he’s happy to be here.
But do agree money talks if it’s going to happen agree with Glasbhoy make these so called big clubs pay big time.
He’s signed a long contract so we’re in the box seat. I’d rather keep him he’s that good

HH 🍀
Aye yer bang on mate all these stories are feel good pish for depressed huns hes got 4 year left pay up or shut

Despite the best efforts of the 'Scottish Football Ministry Of Truth' the blue out end of Glasgow has little to offer buying clubs. Josip has 4 years left on his contract; if he went now if would be for more than they could ever hope to get for any 2 of their players. If he stays another season he'll be worth more than their entire club / engine room substandard MOT failure.

He will go eventually. There's no doubt. But the media are just trying to unsettle him. He's a full international. He's won trophies with us and he will be a certain to play champions league matches at Celtic. He will be aware of the Celtic park atmosphere on those nights. He would have read stories and quotes from some of the greatest names in football. I would be really surprised if he chose to give all that up to go possibly warm the bench for athletico this season. Maybe next season but not this season.
Remember the media painted dembele as a dud after his 1st few games.....then after he skelped the huns they wanted him out of Scotland before the ink dried on his contract. Every club in Europe was after him and the media wanted him to know about it.
They are terrified of JJ since he locked kunt in his pocket in the Glasgow derby

The voice of reason...

JJ imo is, in his position, the highlight signing from last season. Think about it, the Croatian right back for £2.5 m quite outstanding signing.
If we sell him it has to be at KT money, he’s that good.
Hope he stays because he’s great to watch.
HH

And if any Celtic fan does take notice of the Scottish Media, then Imatim steps up and skelps some sense into them! 🥊🏑🥢
Thankfully BB, don't have to witness or read any of the shit the Scottish media print, and leave it to the bloggers to pull the nonsense apart and highlight just how bad the nonsense really is.
Even at that, made the mistakes in the past of reading such nonsense only to put myself in bad humour, until I copped myself on

JJ is going nowhere, yet.
A good showing in the champions league and world cup is his priority.
Leaving us to probably warm the bench at Atletico is the worst scenario for him at this time, could cost him his Croatian starting place.
Come the summer we will have ALL of our players linked with other clubs.
Hopefully ( I'm quite sure ) by that time we will have our own targets in mind.
In Croatia though his agent has been quoted as saying that JJ is loving his time here with no intention of moving on at such an important time in his career.

JJ is going nowhere, yet.
A good showing in the champions league and world cup is his priority.
Leaving us to probably warm the bench at Atletico is the worst scenario for him at this time, could cost him his Croatian starting place.
Come the summer we will have ALL of our players linked with other clubs.
Hopefully ( I'm quite sure ) by that time we will have our own targets in mind.
In Croatia though his agent has been quoted as saying that JJ is loving his time here with no intention of moving on at such an important time in his career.
Like I said before winter, a potential move for josip now wouldn't make any sense in terms of a footballing decision, yet in a money mad football world you can never rule anything out still.
Just get the impression Ange is more attracted to players with a footballing future more so than a money making opportunity formost, and josip certainly seems to fit that profile at present.
However we also are developing a squad where interests from other clubs is always going to be an issue, more so next summer than this particular one imo.
Yet see Ange already dealing with this sernario when it eventually comes our way as usual.
Can't see Ange leaving himself in a position as when he took over and having so little to work with, and at present it's great to see the board seemly backing his vision upon the outlook for the club, way beyond just next season imo.

Croatia right-back Josip Juranovic, whose return to Celtic's pre-season training has been delayed through international duty, sent a cryptic social media message to team-mate Joe Hart amid transfer links with Atletico Madrid, telling the goalkeeper: "See you soon mate! Keep everything safe."

Members online

Latest posts

Back