Will we win the league?

Right now, I fear we won't. Especially after todays news that Lennon has the backing of the board and refusing to walk away.

Wish I could be more positive and give a better answer, but I need to be honest here. I can only see things getting worse under Neil "I'm not big on tactics" Lennon
That he said that to the SMSM doesnt mean it's true his tactics worked well against that Barcelona side and lazio why would he offer SMSM anything?

That he said that to the SMSM doesnt mean it's true his tactics worked well against that Barcelona side and lazio why would he offer SMSM anything?
I believe he's said it. They certainly take things out of context and rearrange stuff that's been said to use against us, but no matter what context you put it or which way you choose to look at it, to say that's you're not big on tactics in modern football is a joke. He's proved time and again that's what he thinks without having to even mention that to the rags anyway.

I believe he's said it. They certainly take things out of context and rearrange stuff that's been said to use against us, but no matter what context you put it or which way you choose to look at it, to say that's you're not big on tactics in modern football is a joke. He's proved time and again that's what he thinks without having to even mention that to the rags anyway.
Still we have seen tactical changes many times this season and last , he said it sure but did he mean it or was he leading the SMSM a merry dance ? The players may not have completely followed instructions to the letter and most teams rarely do. I take those comments with a pinch of salt

Still we have seen tactical changes many times this season and last , he said it sure but did he mean it or was he leading the SMSM a merry dance ? The players may not have completely followed instructions to the letter and most teams rarely do. I take those comments with a pinch of salt
Kelvin Willson has just done a podcast and he talks about how Lennon wouldn't focus on shape, etc, but mostly on drills and would only spend 20 minutes on a Friday showing players a video of our oppositions last game, pausing a few times for the odd comment. Now this was years ago, but I highly doubt he's changed much.

All these anti- lenny comments and threads would or could lead one to believe that we have already given up on the ten and to me that is insane. I said earlier that had we played and won the 2 'nicola' games wed be 5pts behind , sure those games have to be won , but what a boost for them to get a 2 game start ahead of us. I'm curious just how many would still be calling for lennys head had we played and won them already? Not so many I'm guessing. If we can get those games won and dont drop any points that alone will put them under pressure and our board should be onto scotgov about our yellow card and their players get a fine like a starving dug with a bone. Theyve been handed the initiative not through winning at CP but other means. Penalty per game sometimes 2 , we are all deeply disappointed at the season so far but it's still in its infancy. Positivity breeds positivity just as the opposite applies. We are not out of anything but must get these games played and won , I've seen nothing as to when we will play these games and we have the right to know , shall we play them after the split? We must fit them in or itll always look worse than it is. I can only speak for myself but a 5 pt gap is far, far from irecoverable and when they start believing that they have won it, that's when they fall apart, course we cannot rely on that and have to do our own job. So I'll say again unless we fall further behind lenny has my support 100%

Kelvin Willson has just done a podcast and he talks about how Lennon wouldn't focus on shape, etc, but mostly on drills and would only spend 20 minutes on a Friday showing players a video of our oppositions last game, pausing a few times for the odd comment. Now this was years ago, but I highly doubt he's changed much.
you might be right but its still speculation imo

he might be different who knows?

Why did Wilson leave? Was he on good terms as he left? I wont take a former player who left us word for it he wants listeners and where has he been when we were invincible 9iar treble treble champions? Suddenly he decides to slate lenny , why I wonder, I think theres more to the eye with this one

Why did Wilson leave? Was he on good terms as he left? I wont take a former player who left us word for it he wants listeners and where has he been when we were invincible 9iar treble treble champions? Suddenly he decides to slate lenny , why I wonder, I think theres more to the eye with this one

I think you may be right Winter...

I've not listened to it all, but from what I did hear, he never came across as having a dig a Lennon. Seen it mentioned that he praised him quite a bit. Lennon let him leave for family reasons as I can recall, so not sure he left with an agenda.

I'm done here anyways. People will defend Lennon all day, even if we continue to decline, Rangers stop the 10, people will look to blame someone else.

If he comes good, proves me wrong and wins the league then I will come on here and happily say I got it wrong though.

I've not listened to it all, but from what I did hear, he never came across as having a dig a Lennon. Seen it mentioned that he praised him quite a bit. Lennon let him leave for family reasons as I can recall, so not sure he left with an agenda.

I'm done here anyways. People will defend Lennon all day, even if we continue to decline, Rangers stop the 10, people will look to blame someone else.

If he comes good, proves me wrong and wins the league then I will come on here and happily say I got it wrong though.
That's my understanding of his departure 1 season was it he had? I will defend lennon all day as far as I can cos I think he has the toughest job in European football with no supporters to back his team and their achievements to date. Should we drop off my stance will no doubt change. I am just saying that we arent there yet. Even then it's not to late we could have a stomping 2nd half to the season. We could go on and win all 3 derbys it's hardly beyond this squad I doubt anyone would disagree. That these players have yet to perform is a given. The number of times we're written off by hacks esp who most certainly would be praising them if they were only a possible 5pts behind us

That's my understanding of his departure 1 season was it he had? I will defend lennon all day as far as I can cos I think he has the toughest job in European football with no supporters to back his team and their achievements to date. Should we drop off my stance will no doubt change. I am just saying that we arent there yet. Even then it's not to late we could have a stomping 2nd half to the season. We could go on and win all 3 derbys it's hardly beyond this squad I doubt anyone would disagree. That these players have yet to perform is a given. The number of times we're written off by hacks esp who most certainly would be praising them if they were only a possible 5pts behind us
3 derbys?Wouldnt put my money on that

On current form no way id stick money on us,but i aint s gambler anyhow 🙂
Uch I'm small change but fancy our chances against them every time. It's a shame the discontent is spreading through social media and no fans in the stadium to shoot it down. We are a club that thrives on the extraordinary support our club gets. They are a club who suffer from the delusionists who are always on at the team. Changing manager would ne kneejerk and smack of bottle smashing. If there was ever a Celtic manager who deserves a chance to get it right then it's the current one we all know it , we should give it. HH ☘

Uch I'm small change but fancy our chances against them every time. It's a shame the discontent is spreading through social media and no fans in the stadium to shoot it down. We are a club that thrives on the extraordinary support our club gets. They are a club who suffer from the delusionists who are always on at the team. Changing manager would ne kneejerk and smack of bottle smashing. If there was ever a Celtic manager who deserves a chance to get it right then it's the current one we all know it , we should give it. HH ☘

I pray you’re right pal 👍

All these anti- lenny comments and threads would or could lead one to believe that we have already given up on the ten and to me that is insane. I said earlier that had we played and won the 2 'nicola' games wed be 5pts behind , sure those games have to be won , but what a boost for them to get a 2 game start ahead of us. I'm curious just how many would still be calling for lennys head had we played and won them already? Not so many I'm guessing. If we can get those games won and dont drop any points that alone will put them under pressure and our board should be onto scotgov about our yellow card and their players get a fine like a starving dug with a bone. Theyve been handed the initiative not through winning at CP but other means. Penalty per game sometimes 2 , we are all deeply disappointed at the season so far but it's still in its infancy. Positivity breeds positivity just as the opposite applies. We are not out of anything but must get these games played and won , I've seen nothing as to when we will play these games and we have the right to know , shall we play them after the split? We must fit them in or itll always look worse than it is. I can only speak for myself but a 5 pt gap is far, far from irecoverable and when they start believing that they have won it, that's when they fall apart, course we cannot rely on that and have to do our own job. So I'll say again unless we fall further behind lenny has my support 100%
If we had won all games this season we would be well in front.

If my ma had balls she'd be my da.

We have been awful for the vast majority of the season. We might well NOT win the 2 games in hand. Then we will be further behind, much further, and it will be too late to change the manager.

What then?

Members online

Latest posts

Back