Willie Henderson

Biggin up? What does that even mean? The people who cheated Tommy were sometimes players.I know we/he had descions that went against us from officials of a perspective from the other side but if we were good enough then we wouldn’t have needed referee’s.During Tommy’s era the vermin had the flying pig and that cost us points plus we dropped stupid points home and away during this period due to our own incompetence.I have at times felt cheated but looking back I always feel if we do the job on the pitch then we will prevail.HH
good goal stroked off today

Would certainly not agree with his heritage or his faith but from the bits I've seen, albeit on videos, Henderson could certainly play! A good fitba player is a good fitba player after all. Never heard the Lions say a bad word against him n they should know as they drank tiger often enuf!
It seemed to be the Hun hordes that took his friendship,not just with Jinky but all the Lions, to rabid levels. Just watch Jimmy warming up for Scotland n listen to the entire hampdump screaming Henderson. Wee Jimmy himself explains how it made him feel so small. Any manager not blinded by bigotry n hatred would surely have found a way to play them both but that's Scotland for us.
Even when I was very young n not alowed to go to Celtic games, I was taken to hampdump to watch Scotland n was immediately aware I wasn't among friends, the anti-catholic songs were sung non-stop!
All the best Willie!

John Greig on the other hand was just a cunt!

why the phuq do we have a thread dedicated tae a hun, ah nearly said defecated!!! phuq henderson and every other phuqer who played for them! imagine a hun thread praisin wan ae oor players.... exactly!!!!!! phuq off henderson!

This wee man was a great winger for the old Rangers and I always hated it when he played against us. Contrast in style to wee Jimmy but both of them fearsome opponents. In retirement I believe he was a trustee of Jimmy’s charity Now I read he’s doing a 100 mile Sahara walk for cervical cancer research having lost his daughter to the disease at just 28. I’ll be contributing and I hope Celtic make a club donation too to respect a fierce foe and great character

Best of luck to him but he's got as much chance of finding a cervix in the Sahara as SEVCO have of winning the league

Anyway you know what they say about making love in the desert Fuckin' sand gets everywhere

HH?

Henderson couldn't lace Jimmy,s boots ,it was just the usual bullshit from the Scottish media that gave him attention because we had the best winger in the fxxxing world at the time .Therfore with the hun press and the bigoted scottish football public being unable to cope with us having Jimmy they constantly made up articles and stories suggesting henderson was also great but of course those of us who watched them and the foreign press knew

I've been reading back on the Willie Henderson thread this morning and before I go on, I want to defend the rights of people to be angry or disappointed at posters who thought it was ok to show respect to a man who played for the huns.
Everyone has the right to a view on a forum, and many of us will have been in situations where bigotry has shown it's ugly face. Maria, when 9 months pregnant was confronted by the most sinister and twisted side of the filth support, and her life could have been put in real danger, thankfully she survived this encounter, but this can have a lasting effect on a person and I don't blame her one bit for her views on anything regarding Der Hun.
Their hatred of all things Irish/Catholic has left me feeling suspicious of all of them. I could count on one hand the ones I have met in my life that I would class as a gentleman, I've probably been guilty on many occasions of tarring them all with the same brush, because when I meet them my defence mechanisms kicked in which meant it was made clear by my words or actions that we have nothing in common so lets not waste each others time by conversing in politics, sport or religion.
This means that I may have met a few that I might have got on with but due to the vast number of racist bigoted morons in their support I decided not to bother taking a chance.
I truly believe that we are cut from a totally different cloth from them, it's in the way we act towards each other, it's in our songs and music which are normally about hope, happiness and some of sadness due to the way our ancestors were treated.
The charity work we do as a club is truly remarkable and something we should rightly be proud of, thinking of people who are going through a hard time or are less fortunate as ourselves is what sets us apart from the Klan, people who have been left to rot by our government and need food banks to feed their families, also people in far off lands in Africa or Palestine who have benefited from the generosity of our amazing support.
This is what makes us different to the huns, someone asked earlier in the thread if you would ever see a thread on follow follow praising one of our heroes, no you wouldn't, not in a million years.
Others have asked why any of us could show any respect for Willie Henderson, im not going to answer for anyone else but for me it's because I could see the human side to a man doing a charity walk for his departed daughter.
I also wonder if the donations were ever made public I'm almost certain some of our heroes from the Lions and Jinkys wife Agnes have probably donated to this cause.
The reason I have no problem showing this man respect is that I don't have the same hatred and views as the Klan from Govan, I have no problem with anyone being angry with my views, im only putting my point across so you might understand it.

I commend Terry Butcher for his comments on Leigh Griffith's getting all the support he needs, and equally for his sadness that Gazza did not receive assistance when he was a player and most needed it. Surely, it is possible to detest all that Rangers (in any guise) stand for without blackening our hearts.
My mother's cousin (whom I never met) was murdered in 'The North', but she doesn't carry any ill-will towards anyone. We all have awful experiences.....that is why I love to see Sevco (and their wee cousins Airdrie) stuffed in every game. However, where good deeds are made (or kinds words uttered), I have no issue in recognising them no matter the source.

Couldn’t agree more Benignus that’s why we’re different from the Huns we give aid they give abuse. Anybody who raises anything for Cancer charities or any charity needs appreciated by all. Because we care, that’s why we’re Celtic through and through. Remember when Jinky and Wee Hendo went round the country with a greet and meet.
Both had real respect for each other.

HH?

Im sure they were friends as im sure there are decent ones i just dont see why it has to be immortalised on a celtic forum.

I give to most charities and wouldn’t think twice about doing so.

What i will say is look at how they immortalise our Jock Stein and he stayed behind and assisted them in their hoir of need.

Im not suggesting we slate the man but for goodness sake could you not tip your hat in quiet contemplation.

I've been reading back on the Willie Henderson thread this morning and before I go on, I want to defend the rights of people to be angry or disappointed at posters who thought it was ok to show respect to a man who played for the huns.
Everyone has the right to a view on a forum, and many of us will have been in situations where bigotry has shown it's ugly face. Maria, when 9 months pregnant was confronted by the most sinister and twisted side of the filth support, and her life could have been put in real danger, thankfully she survived this encounter, but this can have a lasting effect on a person and I don't blame her one bit for her views on anything regarding Der Hun.
Their hatred of all things Irish/Catholic has left me feeling suspicious of all of them. I could count on one hand the ones I have met in my life that I would class as a gentleman, I've probably been guilty on many occasions of tarring them all with the same brush, because when I meet them my defence mechanisms kicked in which meant it was made clear by my words or actions that we have nothing in common so lets not waste each others time by conversing in politics, sport or religion.
This means that I may have met a few that I might have got on with but due to the vast number of racist bigoted morons in their support I decided not to bother taking a chance.
I truly believe that we are cut from a totally different cloth from them, it's in the way we act towards each other, it's in our songs and music which are normally about hope, happiness and some of sadness due to the way our ancestors were treated.
The charity work we do as a club is truly remarkable and something we should rightly be proud of, thinking of people who are going through a hard time or are less fortunate as ourselves is what sets us apart from the Klan, people who have been left to rot by our government and need food banks to feed their families, also people in far off lands in Africa or Palestine who have benefited from the generosity of our amazing support.
This is what makes us different to the huns, someone asked earlier in the thread if you would ever see a thread on follow follow praising one of our heroes, no you wouldn't, not in a million years.
Others have asked why any of us could show any respect for Willie Henderson, im not going to answer for anyone else but for me it's because I could see the human side to a man doing a charity walk for his departed daughter.
I also wonder if the donations were ever made public I'm almost certain some of our heroes from the Lions and Jinkys wife Agnes have probably donated to this cause.
The reason I have no problem showing this man respect is that I don't have the same hatred and views as the Klan from Govan, I have no problem with anyone being angry with my views, im only putting my point across so you might understand it.
A typically reasoned and well-balanced post, B.

That generally sums up my own thoughts on the subject and it also, in part, alludes to another feature that affects us who are of a Celtic backdrop and heritage slightly differently based on our various locations.

Geographically speaking, those of us in the North may not have the same day-to-day issues that are more evident in the West, Midlothian and parts of the Central Belt.

There are signs of their presence, but not as overtly or openly as folk have to encounter further south and west.

I believe we are cut from an entirely different bolt of fabric and I believe that the more tolerant of the majority faith group in this country recognise that. If these folk choose not to support their local clubs, they will affiliate more with Celtic based on general decency. Let's be honest here though, I've spent more than enough time at Celtic games being stuck beside complete eejits to know that we are not immune to having dafties support us. I just think that, as a body, we self-police far far better than they do.

I stopped going to matches for a while after seeing two serious incidents that caused me concern and even now, there are still things that happen that make me scratch my head. In saying that, on both occasions - it was the reactions of many other Celtic supporters in response to these events, which gave me cause to believe that we will never be like them.

There's a thread of decency that runs through the vast, vast majority of us, I wholly believe that. I think that that decency has to recognise the wee pearls in a vast ocean of shite.

Good luck to Willie Henderson, having lost family members to cancer, I'll welcome his contribution.

Im sure they were friends as im sure there are decent ones i just dont see why it has to be immortalised on a celtic forum.

I give to most charities and wouldn’t think twice about doing so.

What i will say is look at how they immortalise our Jock Stein and he stayed behind and assisted them in their hoir of need.

Im not suggesting we slate the man but for goodness sake could you not tip your hat in quiet contemplation.
Your point on Jock Stein Maria is very important, the disgust I feel for people who slur the big mans memory knows no end, it's so sickening to us as a support that it doesn't surprise me of the hatred it breeds in some of our support. They know what Big Jock means to us and thats one of the reasons they come out with these lies. It's really hard not to bite back at times.

The truth of the matter is Big Jock ended them.

They will ALWAYS be in our shadow no matter how many stars they defecate their jersey with in trying to overshadow the Big one....the real thing...the BIG cup

Lurking Huns.......GIRFUY....your clubs deid

Back