Wim Jansen living with dementia as brave Celtic hero tells his story in new memoir

lennono

Former manager Wim Jansen has revealed he is living with dementia.

Jansen turns 75 on Thursday and a biography of his life in the Netherlands will be published this week.

And the Feyenoord legend - who famously led the Hoops to the title in his only season in charge in 1998, stopping Rangers from winning ten-in-a-row - has revealed he is living with the illness in new book 'Meesterbrein' by author Youri van den Busken.

In the book, Jansen discusses how he decided to seek medical opinion after reading a book about his former Dutch international colleague, Piet Schrijvers, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease, because he recognised the same symptoms.

:(

Jansen turns 75 on Thursday and a biography of his life in the Netherlands will be published this week.

And the Feyenoord legend - who famously led the Hoops to the title in his only season in charge in 1998, stopping Rangers from winning ten-in-a-row - has revealed he is living with the illness in new book 'Meesterbrein' by author Youri van den Busken.

In the book, Jansen discusses how he decided to seek medical opinion after reading a book about his former Dutch international colleague, Piet Schrijvers, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease, because he recognised the same symptoms.

Heartbreaking for him and his family, will ALWAYS have a wee place in the heart and minds of all Celtic fans, stopping the Huns 10IAR and bringing larsson to the club, we will be forever great full , shame a fallout with the board saw him not staying longer
YNWA
HH
💚🍀

I’d like to thank Wim Jansen for a great Season as Celtic manager in stopping the Cash flow cheats from 10 in a row his place amongst the Celtic greats is a given
Just bringing Henrick Larsson to us deserves our thanks.
Now he faces this horrible disease one of the worst of them. In mine and all Celtic fans Prayers
WJ Always a Celt 🙏

HH 🙏

Heartbreaking for him and his family, will ALWAYS have a wee place in the heart and minds of all Celtic fans, stopping the Huns 10IAR and bringing larsson to the club, we will be forever great full , shame a fallout with the board saw him not staying longer
YNWA
HH
💚🍀
Isn’t it remarkable, over time, how many occasions we put losing greats at this club to issues with the board? Somethings never change eh?
I wish him all the best in his struggle with a horrible disease.

Lovely guy met him when i was doing a stadium tour with my young nephews him and murdo was just before the nerday game ,have to say he looked real confident
Sad to hear he has such a horrible illness and hope he finds comfort in those around him

Members online

Latest posts

Back