Worst Celtic signing ever

Some were bad because of poor return vs transfer fee and/or wages; like Sheidt or Compper but the worst barrel-scraping, end of days signing from the darkest depths of the dreadful '90s has got to be Wayne Biggins. Closest he should ever have been to Celtic Park was on a fuckin tourbus.

All of Saint Brendan projects are definitely in any frame you care to mention. Over the years we have brought in a whole raft of guys that made you seriously wonder who the fuck was recruiting them and more importantly? how are they picking up a wage. Some bramers here, mind Macarii bringing in a couple who played for the Army ffs!

The 90’s, where Celtic dreams went to die, until Tommy arrived.

All of Saint Brendan projects are definitely in any frame you care to mention. Over the years we have brought in a whole raft of guys that made you seriously wonder who the fuck was recruiting them and more importantly? how are they picking up a wage. Some bramers here, mind Macarii bringing in a couple who played for the Army ffs!

The 90’s, where Celtic dreams went to die, until Tommy arrived.
One of those army boys was Gary Holt I think. Can't remember the other one. The 90's were weird

I feel a wee bit sorry for Du Wei - was bought mainly to try to open up the Chinese/East Asia market. Had a good pedigree and I think had a half-decent career. He used to do wonderful tricks and flicks in the warm-ups and at half time then was thrown in out of the blue (green?) against Clyde on a horrible pitch against a hungry opponent that gave him no time at all, was whipped off at half-time after an awful performance and discarded straight away. He was only a loan signing too, so didn't cost us too much money (although obviously he played a massive part in us getting dumped out of the cup).

For me Compper is probably the worst signing (huge wages then ignored straight away), although Biggins & Scheidt run him very close!

Juarez started really well and then just fell off a cliff face. He started as a holding midfielder, where he looked as good as Kayal, moved to right back and then was never seen again. It was weird.

In terms of wasted money versus lack of ability, it must be Rafael ?.
Played well against Arsenal in pre-season friendly, was lots of rumours the Arse would try to buy him from us for huge profit then he seemed to get up to all sorts of hanky panky back in Mexico for an international and never played for us again. Bizarre!

Members online

Latest posts

Back