Would it be that bad

McGarrell

I'm I the only one with the thinking that it might be a bigger positive to get knocked out of Europe,, and for the huns to get through, I know we love the big European nights but it looks like there will be no crowds this season, most of the money made from these nights is crowd revenue, what do you think?, would it be the end of the world or an unexpected bonus?

I would definitely want to stay in Europe. The excitement of watching these games agsinst different opponents, the prestige of playing in Europe, to keep up our hard-earned coefficient and to bring in much needed revenue. All thesecpoints mske it more fun for the fans and help us to attract - and keep - better players.

I love the european games myself, love going on the trips away, and the home games are joy to be at, but with no fans likely, I don't think we would make as much money this season, to be honest the champions league knock out was a severe blow as the money there is a much needed injection even without fans, I'm just saying if the huns go through and we go out it could be an unexpected bonus, although it would be a financial blow

I would'na be too upset if we were oot o Europa League and the sevvies stayed in. This season the Ten is more important than Europe. Let the sevvies jump aboot Europe during a pandemic, playing Thursday and Sunday, constantly playing catch up and the added pressure that comes with it.
Having said all that, we will beat Sarajevo and Galatassary will beat the low IQ sevvies.

Eddy, McGregor, Ajeti, Frimpong etc want to play in Europe. That's why most of them came. As much as it would allow the team to focus on the league, we'd most likely find some agents of unhappy players on the phone on Friday morning if we're out.

Europe is our wee bonus ball where we can possibly experiment a bit.

We've created a rod for our own backs with the possibility of a quadruple (perhaps quintuple) treble and that means less opportunity for the young lads and the nearly theres on the periphery.

Europe isn't the be all and end all this season, but it might just be the platform from where future Celtic legends are created.

I'm I the only one with the thinking that it might be a bigger positive to get knocked out of Europe,, and for the huns to get through, I know we love the big European nights but it looks like there will be no crowds this season, most of the money made from these nights is crowd revenue, what do you think?, would it be the end of the world or an unexpected bonus?
Personally not interested in Europe and not only because there is a ten up for grabs, but also Covid and travel holds more fears than the loss of the revenue thats up for grabs.

If we were to be knocked out, not many would be of the view it's in any way positive.

Lenny, Broony, Taylor, Jamesy etc would take it absolutely stinking from a seemingly growing online group of "supporters".

The media would have an absolute free-for-all also.

If the Huns qualified and we didnae, they'd have something other than the "3 point's Trophy and the lazerJet 3D Cup" to celebrate; as pathetic as they are.

Players would possibly be sold, or look to leave, who otherwise may not have been.

we need the money Europa brings, (although a pittance compared to the Champions League, plus no home game gate receipts) we still need the income.

Our players would lack the development and experience of playing against a much better standard than we do domestically.

I see zero positives from failing to qualify.
We should be in Europe every single year. No exceptions.

Last edited:
Going right out there to the wide open spaces again, but I'm not really that interested in playing in tournaments where we don't even have a realistic chance of succeeding.

I appreciate the big cheque, but I won't thank you for 6 goal defeats and being humiliated at Parkhead.

Full disclosure, I was one of those who thought our participation in the UEFA cup back in 02-03 was a complete waste of time because Basel put us out of the Champions League. I changed my mind once we put out Liverpool, but until then - I could care less for playing in the consolation cup.

I'll take a run in Europe if Lenny throws caution to the wind, but if we start focusing on that - then we run the risk of missing out on the only prize that matters this season.

Just a personal opinion........

If we were to be knocked out, not many would be of the view it's in any way positive.

Lenny, Broony, Taylor, Jamesy etc would take it absolutely stinking from a seemingly growing online group of "supporters".

The media would have an absolute free-for-all also.

If the Huns qualified and we didnae, they'd have something other than the "3 point's Trophy and the lazerJet 3D Cup" to celebrate; as pathetic as they are.

Players would possibly be sold, or look to leave, who otherwise may not have been.

we need the money Europa brings, (although a pittance compared to the Champions League, plus no home game gate receipts) we still need the income.

Our players would lack the development and experience of playing against a much better standard than we do domestically.

I see zero positives from failing to qualify.
We should be in Europe every single year. No exceptions.
10 in a row is commercially wirth more than European money this season, this is the stuff that allows a constant revenue stream for years, This opens a new chapter and with that many new ideas and everything from keyrings to expensive watches, you name it and you can 10 it.

Also if you class Keevins etc as media, then who cares, the national media would not blink an eye, the SMSMasons who gives a fuck what they write, full of wankers anmd soup takers. HH

Larry7 said:

Eddy, McGregor, Ajeti, Frimpong etc want to play in Europe. That's why most of them came. As much as it would allow the team to focus on the league, we'd most likely find some agents of unhappy players on the phone on Friday morning if we're out.

The thing is though many people in the game are more concerned with staying in the game first and dont really see gambles in transfers as a priority, when in a pandemic there is plenty of time in the future to build for glory, the priority with most is survive first, Europe not exactly flavour of the month with fans as is neither Internationals, clubs more concerned with protecting their assetts and keeping them off the treatment table to enable them to stay afloat and claim their league table position money.

I wouldn't be worried if they went out next round and we went through, I think we would still have enough to do the damage on the domestic front. The less money the zombies have coming to them, the better. In football terms I think the squad will be better educated in the EL rather than getting horsed from one of the big hitters in the CL.

I know wit u mean pal but let's be honest although we're the biggest club in the land we cud be doing wae the 6 million odds u get for being in groups and getting results me n my wee bro where talkin bout the huns other day hoping they wid get thru cause we don't want to be playing catch up on sunday all the time and we are glasgow celtic we shud be playing in Europe it helps our profile to get good players aswell so no I don't want knocked out of Europa

for fuck sake no. What kind of defeatist attitude is this? Utter fucking bollocks. We need to qualify for our prestige and to suggest we are better off getting handed our arse from a team far below us is to me, beyond belief. Remember, that if we accumulate enough coefficient points the utter failures we have had by not preparing for the CL will be missed as we will be allocated spot in the ground stages, or t worst, one game to play. It also gives us a chance to blood our players in European games and if they succeed in that arena it helps us improve, increases their value as they are in the shop window and we could recoup more for their signatures. I know there is a lot of shit going on, and to be fair to the OP I have read this type of shite before, but to suggest it would be better for us to go out is against everything we should stand for. We don't buckle to any cunt. Aart from our board of ambition less bastards. I always hoped the support would never go down the capitulation route. No fucking way.

That's good we want to do well in Europe but would you give up 10 in a row for the europa Cup, like say it came down to the wire and we are in the final we are playing the last game off the league we need a victory for 10 in a row but we have the final of the europa league on the Wednesday which one would we prioritise?

That's good we want to do well in Europe but would you give up 10 in a row for the europa Cup, like say it came down to the wire and we are in the final we are playing the last game off the league we need a victory for 10 in a row but we have the final of the europa league on the Wednesday which one would we prioritise?
I'd be greedy and want them both. Football isn't an either/or so sacrificing one doesn't guarantee you'll win both. There is the chance you mind go for it and lose both, but that is what life is about - I'd be more disappointed if we turned our nose up at one after fighting so hard to get ourselves into that fantastic position.

I'd be greedy and want them both. Football isn't an either/or so sacrificing one doesn't guarantee you'll win both. There is the chance you mind go for it and lose both, but that is what life is about - I'd be more disappointed if we turned our nose up at one after fighting so hard to get ourselves into that fantastic position.
It happened in 2003 with seville me personally its got to be 10 in a row

Members online

Latest posts

Back