Would u take Mcgeady for a season

Can see it happening. There would have to be a strange unfortunate list of events for it to make any sense as an 11th hour signing.

- closed window
- 2 long term injuries to Forrest and Ely
- lenny to even consider burying the hatchet
- big wage drop from his 26kpw

I'm hoping MJ can keep injury free and has been working on his upper body strength during his lay off. Dembele has to get some mins. Frimpong will be used as a rwb and if we sign a lwb we should be most of the way there.
Think we still need a first team natural winger but Aiden doesn't fit the requirements.

Welcome Alexander 6788 to thi Noise not for me his day has gone. Boyle yes but whit aboot Paddy Roberts According to English
media Man City listening to any bids for him me I say go get some will differ.
Enjoy the Madness Alexander

HH 🍀
Yeah thanks mate I never thought it would be a option anyway but Roberts is another one I feel his days at city are numbered and if we can get him for a decent fee and injury free I would have him up the road in a heartbeat because forrest needs competition I would also like to see a new lb and cm as brown needa a few games on the bench

Yeah thanks mate I never thought it would be a option anyway but Roberts is another one I feel his days at city are numbered and if we can get him for a decent fee and injury free I would have him up the road in a heartbeat because forrest needs competition I would also like to see a new lb and cm as brown needa a few games on the bench

welcome to the noise watch out for the night shift

Roberts was valued a £4'5m when we were interested in him his value on transfermarket have dropped to 2.5m looks like they loan moves worked wonders for him
would take him back in a heartbeat

i loved Roberts when he was with us, but he hasn't done anything of note since. Sometimes things just click when it is the right club at the right time for a player. He has also struggled badly with injury.

However, if we can buy him for a sensible amount and his wages fit our structure then - assuming he is fit - I'd take him back. On his day he was fantastic and unplayable at times. Plus he spurred Forrest onto another level too.

Welcome Alexander,
If we were still in the Champions League then we would have had our choice of who we wanted at Parkhead but unfortunately that boat has sailed so we are limited now to who wants to come to Parkhead.
Patrick Roberts was a great loan player for us,but the boy has been sent all over the place in the last couple of years and has never set the heather on fire no matter where he was at..
Aiden McGeady not sure about that one either I read what Bobo said about Aiden but I never had Lenny down as the discerning type,I think there is still a bit of bad blood as far as Lenny is concerned.
What about Michael Johnston he is back on the grass now and reports say he has bulked out a wee bit,this Bhoy on his game is as good as any we have mentioned and also we have the fastest thing on 2 feet wee Frimpong once he goes by them it,s goodnight Vienna for his opponent,love to see the wee man played on the wing..

HH.

Welcome Alexander,
If we were still in the Champions League then we would have had our choice of who we wanted at Parkhead but unfortunately that boat has sailed so we are limited now to who wants to come to Parkhead.
Patrick Roberts was a great loan player for us,but the boy has been sent all over the place in the last couple of years and has never set the heather on fire no matter where he was at..
Aiden McGeady not sure about that one either I read what Bobo said about Aiden but I never had Lenny down as the discerning type,I think there is still a bit of bad blood as far as Lenny is concerned.
What about Michael Johnston he is back on the grass now and reports say he has bulked out a wee bit,this Bhoy on his game is as good as any we have mentioned and also we have the fastest thing on 2 feet wee Frimpong once he goes by them it,s goodnight Vienna for his opponent,love to see the wee man played on the wing..

HH.
See that's where MJ went wrong. He should have stuck to hash, that grass melts your melon, man!

This is the silly part of the season when the papers will print almost anything. Of course McGeady and Kayal would like to be a part of this season. We need to put sentiment aside and simply ask does this make our team better. Which current player would you drop to allow McGeady to play? That's your answer right there. No one. We don't sign a player just because they can kick a ball. We make the team better to win trophies. It's a No from me.

This is the silly part of the season when the papers will print almost anything. Of course McGeady and Kayal would like to be a part of this season. We need to put sentiment aside and simply ask does this make our team better. Which current player would you drop to allow McGeady to play? That's your answer right there. No one. We don't sign a player just because they can kick a ball. We make the team better to win trophies. It's a No from me.

I'd drop eli for mcgeady...but then I'd drop eli for bobby petta if he wanted to come out of retirement....can you tell i don't rate eli???

Remember being at Swinecastle after Celtic had wrapped up another title under MON. It was all the young boys getting a run oot in the sun and Celtic hosed the wee huns 4-0.

Towards the end of the game, Celtic got a pen and wee Aids and Simon Lynch fought like two wee lassies over who would take it. McGeady won the argument and missed the pen. It dawned on me at that moment that he was a special talent, but that he was one of those boys that can start a rammy in a phone box.

Fine player. Done enough by us. Got a decent wedge for him. No for me.

What about Michael Johnston he is back on the grass now and reports say he has bulked out a wee bit,this Bhoy on his game is as good as any we have mentioned
That's good news that Mikey J is getting back to fitness and that he has bulked up. We have too many fantastically skilled players that are just too lightweight for the hurly burly of Scottish fitba. The Henderson brothers are the same. It is important that the muscle is put on in a controlled manner as you don't want to lose that lightning pace either - Ryan Christie is the perfect example.

Hopefully it helps to toughen MJ up and cut down on the injuries that have hampered him as he is such an exciting prospect.

Last edited:
Remember being at Swinecastle after Celtic had wrapped up another title under MON. It was all the young boys getting a run oot in the sun and Celtic hosed the wee huns 4-0.

Towards the end of the game, Celtic got a pen and wee Aids and Simon Lynch fought like two wee lassies over who would take it. McGeady won the argument and missed the pen. It dawned on me at that moment that he was a special talent, but that he was one of those boys that can start a rammy in a phone box.

Fine player. Done enough by us. Got a decent wedge for him. No for me.
Fuck me, it must be me on MJ's grass........it was wee Maloney that fought wie Simon Lynch!!!!

I need to get back on the booze!

Thanks bud for the welcome and I’m not total convinced by mcgeady either I would prefer if we got Boyle and mcgeady went to Hibs I was just sharing what I read and how fans would react to it and it’s 50/50 so far with people saying he could do a job and others saying not a chance
That's a relief. It suddenly occurred me you might actually be aiden mcgeady trying to see what the fans thought about a comeback and I felt bad for slagging you off 😄

One other thing about The Noise Alexander. We do have a tendency to stray from the topic. You asked about McGeady and we are now debating Paddy Roberts & Mikey Johnston. Sometimes you can start off asking about Brendan Rodgers brand of toothpaste and the thread gets hijacked about cats, doors or inconsiderate bastarding farmers who deliberately drive their tractors at 5mph during rush hour!

Enjoy and go with the flow! 😁👍

One other thing about The Noise Alexander. We do have a tendency to stray from the topic. You asked about McGeady and we are now debating Paddy Roberts & Mikey Johnston. Sometimes you can start off asking about Brendan Rodgers brand of toothpaste and the thread gets hijacked about cats, doors or inconsiderate bastarding farmers who deliberately drive their tractors at 5mph during rush hour!

Enjoy and go with the flow! 😁👍
Has anyone ever had a Bridie Fi Arbroath it could fill the gap at left back and oor cat likes
To rub his teeth 🦷 of oor Colgate paste whilst driving his own wee 🚜just fir 🌲

HH 🤪

I'd drop eli for mcgeady...but then I'd drop eli for bobby petta if he wanted to come out of retirement....can you tell i don't rate eli???
Turn it up lubo. Eli will get you far more goals and assists than mcgeady ever did. I know he's inconsistent but you obviously canny remember how inconsistent mcgeady was. Some days he couldny cross a postal order ffs.HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back