Would we really miss these players ? and if not we could save a fortune in wages !!!!!!!

Derry Bhoy

I am not a finance person but it does not take an expert to know that our wage bill is to large and our squad is bloated.Would we really miss these players.
De Vries/ Hendry/ Gamboa/ Lustic/ Compper/ Bitton/ Hayes/ Allen/ Benyu/ Kouassi/
In fact its that long since I heard off a lot of these players mentioned I WONDER ARE THEY STILL AT OUR CLUB . There are a few that could be added to the list at the end of the season. Brown/Simunovic/and the guy who arrived from Kilmarnock I cant remember his name I think he played one game.
They are all still doing nothing to earn their big wages.Time for a clear out and some new quality arriving.
No better time than the January window. No point in Rogers and Lawell moaning about the the size of the squad they need to do something about it.
Have a fire sale and get a lot of these guys who are not contributing to the team of our wage bill.

I think Bitton still has a lot to offer and loves our club. Maybe unfortunate with Injuries and deserves a run out before deciding anything given the quality he can have.

Broony has been great for us and still offers a lot even if he was to stop starting every game gradually. He's had a couple of poor performances and needs to retain his spot but he still has my support and offers something most Scottish sides would kill for.

A lot of the others I think can be good players just not for us it seems.

We can’t have anyone selling us out like that. Shame because he was decent
I think Boyd knew that would be an easy false flag to boost his ego, attention seeking numbnut selling squiirells Tom English was ready to laugh when said i am not stupid, if was not a recorded innterview and shite about Celtic they would have laughed in his face, but the huns lap up any crap.

Worth pointing out that they are nearly all Rodgers signings. Gamboa ? Why? He actively sought him out. If Mulumba told tales he should be sacked. Benyu.???? I saw his name in the papers on Sat morning and went to Wikipedia to find oot who the cunt is. Honestly. Koassi? Kolo said he's magic. F f s. No wonder Lawells hesitates to let him spunk his bonus.
I wouldn't offer Broony a new contract, not yet, I'd see what state he's in when this wan finishes. Don't think it's fair to include him in this list though. Also Biton injured, might be worth seeing what he's like when comes back.

Worryingly , as was said , so many of these ( highly paid ) passengers were signed under BR's tenure . That does not bode well for this transfer window .
Brown and Bitton apart , would not shed a tear for losing any of those mentioned above .

This is not the time to be signing ''potential'' - we need and deserve to be signing proven quality players - minimum three - CH , RB and CF - if we are to put the league to bed and be ready for the CL qualifiers .

Come on all you Celtic supporters on the Board - or are you there for the money/bonuses???

The squad is far too flabby and needs some major trimming.

We all know that there is a greater need to carry a bigger squad, but not to the extent that over a hundred grand a week is going out on salaries to players who have no genuine input?

That's probably a fairly conservative estimate too.

With the numbers we are carrying, every player that turned out on Saturday should be fearing for their place after the break.

I don't believe that's the case. Scott Brown still has a bit to offer, but not necessarily in the same XI as N'tcham. The rest that Derry Bhoy cited (possibly with the exception of Biton) are surplus, or past their best.

Sentiment has cost us in the past, Lustig deserves to be lauded as a Celtic man, but he doesn't warrant a place on current form and the fact is, that it is unlikely that he will ever get back to the energy levels required for that position. Recent history has shown that he is no centre-half so we have to make tough decisions.

We also have to look at recouping some money where possible. Scott Sinclair has been in-and-mostly out form wise. I really wanted him to kick on again, but perhaps it's time to count our losses and see if there's a buyer available.

We have more midfielders than some clubs have squads, but too many are taking without giving. That's not altogether their fault, but I can't understand the mindset of a footballer being happy at not getting a game.

Hunger, drive, ambition and a real opportunity to create a major historical landmark should be motivation enough to play for Celtic. Picking up a wage should not be the fundamental reason any player chooses to stay at the Club.

Rogers hit ratio on signings is pathetic. He has bloated our squad with duds. His best team is still predominantlyRonnie’s team after nearly three years, with at least a dozen of his signings cutting about in Dick Turpin masks.

Hendry, Compper, Benyu, Hates, Gamboa, Malumbu, deVries, Kouassi, to name a few. How much dosh are they taking out every week for zero return?

Too fucking much.

Rogers needs to up his hit rate. So far, it’s been dismal.

Lustig is finished, Brown can’t be a first pick start at least until he regains form.

Must do a whole lot Fucking better is written in bold red on his transfer report card.

Pressure is on him for the first time. Now we will see how good he is in handling it. So far it’s been a cakewalk. Well, things just got serious. Imagine the brassneck if he allows a rookie with a squad of loans and ten bob signings puts him to the sword?

Career ending if he has eyes on moving to a richer club. Stone dead. Think about that Brendan if you have ambition to move.

This is the reality. It’s not just getting backed. It’s stopping buying rafts of players we don’t use because they are shit.

You get this wrong and it’s ending in tears.

Too get rid of most.if those players you either have to 1 find a buyer not that easy if they decide they don't want to move or 2 the other option give them a pay off in which case you take a hit. Option 1 would be the preferred but 2 may be the only way other than letting them see out their contracts

Too get rid of most.if those players you either have to 1 find a buyer not that easy if they decide they don't want to move or 2 the other option give them a pay off in which case you take a hit. Option 1 would be the preferred but 2 may be the only way other than letting them see out their contracts
Always puzzles me why you can't sack football players for poor performance. Player x- you have to perform in training to a level that gets you in the for the 1st team by date Y......

I am not a finance person but it does not take an expert to know that our wage bill is to large and our squad is bloated.Would we really miss these players.
De Vries/ Hendry/ Gamboa/ Lustic/ Compper/ Bitton/ Hayes/ Allen/ Benyu/ Kouassi/
In fact its that long since I heard off a lot of these players mentioned I WONDER ARE THEY STILL AT OUR CLUB . There are a few that could be added to the list at the end of the season. Brown/Simunovic/and the guy who arrived from Kilmarnock I cant remember his name I think he played one game.
They are all still doing nothing to earn their big wages.Time for a clear out and some new quality arriving.
No better time than the January window. No point in Rogers and Lawell moaning about the the size of the squad they need to do something about it.
Have a fire sale and get a lot of these guys who are not contributing to the team of our wage bill.
The trouble is they've got contracts. Why would they move on to somewhere for less money? They will just sit tight collecting thousands of pounds a week till their contracts are up then move on. Who bought these wage thief's is what you should be asking.

agree with most of hit lists on here for departure lounge..not all,,when we had paddy Roberts,Armstrong,dembele,,the guys fighting for same position played like world beaters when giving chance?forest has decided to pick an choose when he’s up for it now!!add sinky to that,ntcham ditto,strikers same on occasions ,we loan young ralston out which allows lustig free reign....our striker position is a disgrace for a top team,we new for some time either the moose was offski,and griff was a loose cannon!french eddy was unknown quatity,that’s Brendan’s fault simple,Kieron played a full season as the only left back at the club??saturday was league title day for us and we shat it one and all the huns intimidation with allocation to choice of ref worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Back