Would we really miss these players ? and if not we could save a fortune in wages !!!!!!!

Too get rid of most.if those players you either have to 1 find a buyer not that easy if they decide they don't want to move or 2 the other option give them a pay off in which case you take a hit. Option 1 would be the preferred but 2 may be the only way other than letting them see out their contracts
True but there comes a point where you have to bite the bullet,that mob across the city did it at the start of the season and theyre skint by comparison,also i think we may be a bit laid back about it all,at the very least try to force through loans,save what we can.I commented on this during the summer transfer window,it cant be good having this amount of players in the first team squad with no real chance of playing,does it create a lethargy within the squad,i dont know but transfers work both ways,in and out and we need to start playing the game smarter,that collective are taking up the wages of 3 first picks i reckon

Surely joking about unloading Scott brown?ffs,,guys no long back from injury needs bit a time,,saturdays fuck ups down to Brendan am afraid,,cany just start panicking like the manky mob do after every defeat..calm heads required,
I am not a finance person but it does not take an expert to know that our wage bill is to large and our squad is bloated.Would we really miss these players.
De Vries/ Hendry/ Gamboa/ Lustic/ Compper/ Bitton/ Hayes/ Allen/ Benyu/ Kouassi/
In fact its that long since I heard off a lot of these players mentioned I WONDER ARE THEY STILL AT OUR CLUB . There are a few that could be added to the list at the end of the season. Brown/Simunovic/and the guy who arrived from Kilmarnock I cant remember his name I think he played one game.
They are all still doing nothing to earn their big wages.Time for a clear out and some new quality arriving.
No better time than the January window. No point in Rogers and Lawell moaning about the the size of the squad they need to do something about it.
Have a fire sale and get a lot of these guys who are not contributing to the team of our wage bill.
Off the players mentioned, Keep Hayes, Hendry Simo, Bitton and Broonie. Hayes should have played on Saturday always liked Simo and Hendrys one for the future. Bitton was starting to play some good stuff before injury. And Broonie still has more to give.

HH?

Defo got a serious problem with the size of squad, if you sign to many players on stupid wages then as Brimcbhoy says, they are going nowhere fast, and why would they, none of them owe us a thing, sadly none of them are going to do us a favour by singning for less cash for another club, if we don't sort out the scouting set up then this problem is going nowhere fast, arses need kicking for ending up with the wage bill we have, all these squad player wages are draining the players budget and slowing progress down, would PL take a hit on these players by letting go on the cheap to make up the wage loss to their new club, or would that be to big a risk to his bonus.

The squad is far too flabby and needs some major trimming.

We all know that there is a greater need to carry a bigger squad, but not to the extent that over a hundred grand a week is going out on salaries to players who have no genuine input?

That's probably a fairly conservative estimate too.

With the numbers we are carrying, every player that turned out on Saturday should be fearing for their place after the break.

I don't believe that's the case. Scott Brown still has a bit to offer, but not necessarily in the same XI as N'tcham. The rest that Derry Bhoy cited (possibly with the exception of Biton) are surplus, or past their best.

Sentiment has cost us in the past, Lustig deserves to be lauded as a Celtic man, but he doesn't warrant a place on current form and the fact is, that it is unlikely that he will ever get back to the energy levels required for that position. Recent history has shown that he is no centre-half so we have to make tough decisions.

We also have to look at recouping some money where possible. Scott Sinclair has been in-and-mostly out form wise. I really wanted him to kick on again, but perhaps it's time to count our losses and see if there's a buyer available.

We have more midfielders than some clubs have squads, but too many are taking without giving. That's not altogether their fault, but I can't understand the mindset of a footballer being happy at not getting a game.

Hunger, drive, ambition and a real opportunity to create a major historical landmark should be motivation enough to play for Celtic. Picking up a wage should not be the fundamental reason any player chooses to stay at the Club.
Unfortunately that is the mind set of most players or most likely their agents

Rogers hit ratio on signings is pathetic. He has bloated our squad with duds. His best team is still predominantlyRonnie’s team after nearly three years, with at least a dozen of his signings cutting about in Dick Turpin masks.

Hendry, Compper, Benyu, Hates, Gamboa, Malumbu, deVries, Kouassi, to name a few. How much dosh are they taking out every week for zero return?

Too fucking much.

Rogers needs to up his hit rate. So far, it’s been dismal.

Lustig is finished, Brown can’t be a first pick start at least until he regains form.

Must do a whole lot Fucking better is written in bold red on his transfer report card.

Pressure is on him for the first time. Now we will see how good he is in handling it. So far it’s been a cakewalk. Well, things just got serious. Imagine the brassneck if he allows a rookie with a squad of loans and ten bob signings puts him to the sword?

Career ending if he has eyes on moving to a richer club. Stone dead. Think about that Brendan if you have ambition to move.

This is the reality. It’s not just getting backed. It’s stopping buying rafts of players we don’t use because they are shit.

You get this wrong and it’s ending in tears.

I think a lot of folk are too scared to criticize B.R, But the board have to take a chunk of the blame also.

True but there comes a point where you have to bite the bullet,that mob across the city did it at the start of the season and theyre skint by comparison,also i think we may be a bit laid back about it all,at the very least try to force through loans,save what we can.I commented on this during the summer transfer window,it cant be good having this amount of players in the first team squad with no real chance of playing,does it create a lethargy within the squad,i dont know but transfers work both ways,in and out and we need to start playing the game smarter,that collective are taking up the wages of 3 first picks i reckon
I think if the duds wages were coming out Lawell or Rogers bonus they wouldn't be long in getting rid of them

If there wages was coming out of Lawell or Rogers Bonus they wouldnt be long in moving them out

I am not a finance person but it does not take an expert to know that our wage bill is to large and our squad is bloated.Would we really miss these players.
De Vries/ Hendry/ Gamboa/ Lustic/ Compper/ Bitton/ Hayes/ Allen/ Benyu/ Kouassi/
In fact its that long since I heard off a lot of these players mentioned I WONDER ARE THEY STILL AT OUR CLUB . There are a few that could be added to the list at the end of the season. Brown/Simunovic/and the guy who arrived from Kilmarnock I cant remember his name I think he played one game.
They are all still doing nothing to earn their big wages.Time for a clear out and some new quality arriving.
No better time than the January window. No point in Rogers and Lawell moaning about the the size of the squad they need to do something about it.
Have a fire sale and get a lot of these guys who are not contributing to the team of our wage bill.[/QUOTE
Bitton and Hayes apart I pretty much agree. However, I have to say, that 10iar will not come cheaply or easily. We need to have new additions to the squad over the next two transfer windows. There is more to this football club than a healthy bank balance. It is time we stopped being run by wealthy bankers looking to become more wealthy.
God alone knows what Brother Walfrid would make of a 2 million pound bonus paid to a custodian of the club he founded. Which reminds me .... Pete you can fack off as well.

Members online

Latest posts

Back