Would you rather??

Lubos left peg

You've got to be honest. Dont just chose an option based on what you think is the correct choice..has to be what you would rather do.
I was thinking as i was watching a thing about manchester united last night.
So we know cash in the EPL has gone crazy, so players who, 10 to 20 years ago, would be earning maybe 10 to 20 grand a week are now earning between 100 to 200 grand a week. It got me wondering, would Jesse lingard or rashford rather be playing in the united team that was winning trophy after trophy or the team they are in at the moment earning eye watering sums of money for underachieving.
What would you rather?

You've got to be honest. Dont just chose an option based on what you think is the correct choice..has to be what you would rather do.
So we know cash in the EPL has gone crazy, so players who, 10 to 20 years ago, would be earning maybe 10 to 20 grand a week are now earning between 100 to 200 grand a week. It got me wondering, would Jesse lingard or rashford rather be playing in the united team that was winning trophy after trophy or the team they are in at the moment earning eye watering sums of money for underachieving.
What would you rather?
Definitely trophys. Sir Alex was about to be kicked out of old trafford untill he managed to win the FA cup. It's trophys that make you legends. Not your bank balance.

What would you rather?
Lubo,think it’s obvious with these players ,MONEY is the god ,they don’t give a hit about trophy’s,not just united,!hh

Definitely trophys. Sir Alex was about to be kicked out of old trafford untill he managed to win the FA cup. It's trophys that make you legends. Not your bank balance.
Agree Stevie,that was then ,NOW is a different kettle of fish entirely,he with Stein,Busby,Shankley were true giants of the game ,where trophy won was paramount,!we are in a groove where money in wages is the most important part of their game ! Unfortunately that will continue,until someone has the balls to say ENOUGH!hh

Lubo,think it’s obvious with these players ,MONEY is the god ,they don’t give a hit about trophy’s,not just united,!hh

What would you rather Ray, would you rather be a lion, legendary status, name known from generation to generation but getting the bus to training.....or not winning anything, forgotten as soon as you retire but driving to training in a Bentley and having more cash than you could spend??
I'll be honest it's not an easy choice for me, I think of my kids. How that sort of cash would change their lifes....

What would you rather Ray, would you rather be a lion, legendary status, name known from generation to generation but getting the bus to training.....or not winning anything, forgotten as soon as you retire but driving to training in a Bentley and having more cash than you could spend??
I'll be honest it's not an easy choice for me, I think of my kids. How that sort of cash would change their lifes....
Yeh off course that sort of money is life changing ,as in normal life ,if you earn x amount and offered xx amount ,you would be silly to refuse !!!!!!! The thing about football and sport in general is it has gone loopy ,totally out of perspective! Of course winning things puts you up there on a pedestal,there is nowt wrong with getting fair compensation for what you do ,don’t have an issue with that ,hh

Different sport when I played Rugby Lubo
I payed dues every week and also clubs dues
Every week I Think probably the same for other sports I gave everything for ma team and teammates. Even suffered a broken neck
Which retired me from the game.
but nothing beats the thrill of winning.
Nothing.
But sadly to see so many wealthy players who only have a Bentley or Lamborghini
With no medals or Legendary status who are happy with that Shame on them
So Winning trophies gives you status
Money gets you Baubles.
good post though

Different sport when I played Rugby Lubo
I payed dues every week and also clubs dues
Every week I Think probably the same for other sports I gave everything for ma team and teammates. Even suffered a broken neck
Which retired me from the game.
but nothing beats the thrill of winning.
Nothing.
But sadly to see so many wealthy players who only have a Bentley or Lamborghini
With no medals or Legendary status who are happy with that Shame on them
So Winning trophies gives you status
Money gets you Baubles.
good post though
Agree JS,remember when I was involved in athletics many moons ago ,and moved into coaching ,remember when kids won races and were giving prizes ie ,sweets etc the authorities,governing bodies off the sport ,said that makes them professional??????,just how stupid these people were then,and we have what we have now ,makes you think !hh

Think you only have to look at some of our legends of yesteryear trying to earn a living now running pubs, driving taxis joinery work etc, to answer that question. So for me it would be family security and the money.
Some will have memories of their career regarding the values of transfers and salaries. Others will remember the glory of winning trophies and titles. There's nothing wrong with being a joiner, a landlord or other job. Remembering the pride of wearing the jersey. Call me old fashioned but i know the guy's I'll always remember watching cos they played for Celtic for all the right reasons.

EPLs a fairy league money ruined football but to todays footballers are gutless fairys it's all about the bling and instagram gone are the days of the real footballer ,the ones who gave there all for 90m enjoyed the sport came off the field covered in muck and never hid

Used to always see the players runnin along the London rd heading towards Barrowfield for training in all weathers in 80s , the players of today couldn;t lace there boots ,Mick McCarthy used to peddle from Bothwell to Celtic park for training

They days are long gone now most of yesteryears players are skint but then salarys were shit ,

Would still play for the medals rather than the money , sports about competing trying to be your best ,

Not by the amount of instagram followers or driving a Lambo

some luckier than others to have best of both that football can offer

Football Players With the Most Trophies
  1. Dani Alves: 39
  2. Oleksandr Shovkovskiy: 36
  3. Andres Iniesta: 35
  4. Ryan Giggs: 34
  5. Lionel Messi: 34
  6. Maxwell: 33
  7. Gerard Pique: 32
  8. Zlatan Ibrahimovic: 31
  9. Vitor Baia: 30
  10. Kenny Dalglish: 29

I think the amount of money floating about, especially down south, damages the game. There are some bang average players who are multi millionaires by the time they're 21, where's the incentive to improve?
If it was only the very top players who were earning big bucks there would be an incentive for others to get to that level, but you can be pish and rich nowadays.
I'd take the trophies and 20 grand a week, I could survive on 20 grand a week! :unsure:

some luckier than others to have best of both that football can offer

Football Players With the Most Trophies
  1. Dani Alves: 39
  2. Oleksandr Shovkovskiy: 36
  3. Andres Iniesta: 35
  4. Ryan Giggs: 34
  5. Lionel Messi: 34
  6. Maxwell: 33
  7. Gerard Pique: 32
  8. Zlatan Ibrahimovic: 31
  9. Vitor Baia: 30
  10. Kenny Dalglish: 29
That lists wrang boab don’t see Gordon Ramsay’s name anywhere 🤔🤔🤔

EPLs a fairy league money ruined football but to todays footballers are gutless fairys it's all about the bling and instagram gone are the days of the real footballer ,the ones who gave there all for 90m enjoyed the sport came off the field covered in muck and never hid

Used to always see the players runnin along the London rd heading towards Barrowfield for training in all weathers in 80s , the players of today couldn;t lace there boots ,Mick McCarthy used to peddle from Bothwell to Celtic park for training

They days are long gone now most of yesteryears players are skint but then salarys were shit ,

Would still play for the medals rather than the money , sports about competing trying to be your best ,

Not by the amount of instagram followers or driving a Lambo

Kelly it was a normal sight to see what you said about the london Rd and this was guys who achieved more and a status higher than any team or highly paid players in the UK.

449629011_0_640x640.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Back