Wow....

Wee pain in the chest 9 days ago. Went to local hospital for check up and fell into the abyss which is known as the Public Health System ,,,, Incredible. Well oiled machine. Fell out 9 days later with a triple bypass and ready for the Ross county game. Should get a stream today as it is not a 3 o'clock kick off.
If you are every unfortunate enough to have to have a problem whilst in Portugal. Have no fear, The food is crap and they would not let me send out for Indian but the system and the people are brilliant. Thanks to all the well wishers. I am back to make a pain in the ass ... Maybe I can host one of you when we get Braga in a further round. I think Guimareas are still in too.
Glad your getting back to your old self. At least the Ross County game didn't give you palpitations and Hearts lyin doon tae sevco will be no surprise either.
Awe the best pal.

Wee pain in the chest 9 days ago. Went to local hospital for check up and fell into the abyss which is known as the Public Health System ,,,, Incredible. Well oiled machine. Fell out 9 days later with a triple bypass and ready for the Ross county game. Should get a stream today as it is not a 3 o'clock kick off.
If you are every unfortunate enough to have to have a problem whilst in Portugal. Have no fear, The food is crap and they would not let me send out for Indian but the system and the people are brilliant. Thanks to all the well wishers. I am back to make a pain in the ass ... Maybe I can host one of you when we get Braga in a further round. I think Guimareas are still in too.
Vigo, good luck mate, you'll come through this, with flying colours
I had triple bypass 3 years ago this January
I walk every day, ever since getting out of the hospital
It's important to persevere with the walking as it helps clear your lungs and gets the blood flowing, just don't overdo it
7 months later, I was running hills, near our house, feeling great, when I overdid it, ended up in hospital with pneumonia, due to my asthma
My son had a quintuple bypass, in May this year, he's already back to work
I kept on at him to go get checked out
The day he did, they sent him for a treadmill, heart stress test
He was told to go to emergency right away, they sent him for an angiogram, they wouldn't let him out, until they had done the surgery, but he kept getting bumped because of accidents ad emergencies, 3 weeks later (and a ton of worry) he was a member of the 'zipper club'
He is 35 years old
But, as I said, he's doing great
Sending you my best, for a full & speedy recovery
HH

Last edited:
Vigo, good luck mate, you'll come through this, with flying colours
I had triple bypass 3 years ago this January
I walk every day, ever since getting out of the hospital
It's important to persevere with the walking as it helps clear your lungs and gets the blood flowing, just don't overdo it
7 months later, I was running hills, near our house, feeling great, when I overdid it, ended up in hospital with pneumonia, due to my asthma
My son had a quintuple bypass, in May this year, he's already back to work
I kept on at him to go get checked out
The day he did, they sent him for a treadmill, heart stress test
He was told to go to emergency right away, they sent him for an angiogram, they wouldn't let him out, until they had done the surgery, but he kept getting bumped because of accidents ad emergencies, 3 weeks later (and a ton of worry) he was a member of the 'zipper club'
He is 35 years old
But, as I said, he's doing great
Sending you my best, for a full & speedy recovery
HH
Thanks Dilligaff that's a great tale. I was the same in that they refused to let me out but was all done and dusted with a triple after 10 days. It's the cough that is kicking my arse at the moment but will start my own rehab this weekend (after the game) Thanks again dilligaf and everybody else. for your kindness

Thanks Dilligaff that's a great tale. I was the same in that they refused to let me out but was all done and dusted with a triple after 10 days. It's the cough that is kicking my arse at the moment but will start my own rehab this weekend (after the game) Thanks again dilligaf and everybody else. for your kindness
I was close friends with my 'heart' pillow that the hospital gave me, I took that pillow everywhere, held against my chest, for the first 6 weeks
I couldn't drive for about 6 weeks and sat in the back due the airbags
Even out with my wife, shopping I had my pillow under my jacket on my chest, as I didn't want to get jostled, with the sternum healing
The cough hurts as you say, it does get easier after a few weeks, especially if you hug that pillow tight against your chest ,when you feel a cough coming on
The getting in and out of bed (rolling on one side) was pretty tough first two weeks, it was like learning to walk again, you just take so much for granted
You're on the mend mate
You've got a lot of support behind you
50 Shades and a few other have been through it, we're here, if you need any help
HH

I was close friends with my 'heart' pillow that the hospital gave me, I took that pillow everywhere, held against my chest, for the first 6 weeks
I couldn't drive for about 6 weeks and sat in the back due the airbags
Even out with my wife, shopping I had my pillow under my jacket on my chest, as I didn't want to get jostled, with the sternum healing
The cough hurts as you say, it does get easier after a few weeks, especially if you hug that pillow tight against your chest ,when you feel a cough coming on
The getting in and out of bed (rolling on one side) was pretty tough first two weeks, it was like learning to walk again, you just take so much for granted
You're on the mend mate
You've got a lot of support behind you
50 Shades and a few other have been through it, we're here, if you need any help
HH
I completely understand everything you're saying Dilligaf. I have never really been sick with anything major until I had a stent implanted 17 years ago. That was just like keyhole surgery. THIS is different.... Here in Portugal there seems to be little in terms of rehab and no special pilliows but relies more on rest and family care, but I will figure all that out. My first week is going to be my most important but I could not wish for a better 2nd family than the one at CN. Just got to get through these next 2 games without too much excitement.

Hi Vigo, Use a rolled up towel to clasp to your chest mate, like Dill I took mine on my walks etc, helps with the coughing, only thing was my wee dog Gracie thought it was for her to play with because we usually had a stick in hand for her to chase, she thought it was for tug-of-war 😂😂👍.

As for getting through the next 2 games, I started the Camomile tea.csc when watching my first few games, your welcome to join 🍵🍵🍵

All the best mate.

H.H

Hi Vigo, Use a rolled up towel to clasp to your chest mate, like Dill I took mine on my walks etc, helps with the coughing, only thing was my wee dog Gracie thought it was for her to play with because we usually had a stick in hand for her to chase, she thought it was for tug-of-war 😂😂👍.

As for getting through the next 2 games, I started the Camomile tea.csc when watching my first few games, your welcome to join 🍵🍵🍵

All the best mate. I'm pretty much a tea drinker

H.H
Great ideas 50Shades.... I'm pretty much a tea drinker anyway nowadays...CTCSC... i'm in

Last edited:
Back