WTF was that !!!!!!

Brenda hasn't improved or evolved since he was last at celtic. By the end of his second session teams had started to work out how to nullify his system. His third season the football was like it was today.
Must say , I really miss angeball
Play 10 men behind the ball will nullify any system
Missing sitters ie O’Reilly Yang Palma will cost points. Can’t blame the manager for that

Was a tough tough watch in the freezin cold.
Thats 3 low blocks that have cost us points.
Noticeable that Kyogo struggles against it, but also we don’t seem to want to go over the top which was on loads today.
BR needs to increase risk and worry less about possession !!My opinion
HH

Fact you finish with that statement probably reflects what you and the rest of us are feeling......this needs to be sorted el.quicko.
Yip. This is not a new tactic for most of our opponents to use against us. It has been going on for many many years now. It is almost a completely new squad inthe last few seasons but still we have not addressed this.

It may sound overly harsh considering the ridiculous amount of success we have enjoyed in that time, but frustratingly for me we have chosen to ignore it. I wish we'd get in a physical presence up front who loves to score for when Plan A is not working out for us.

I don't mean to be too critical but why hoard £millions in the bank? Why import dozens of young foreign projects while ignoring our own successful youths who progress through an Academy that costs a small fortune to operate?

Ah well, that is my overly entitled rant out of my system. Back to cheering on the bhoys in the hoops! COYBIG!

That’s my point SG I just think before we start blaming Brendan we should be looking at the players in the 3 games we’ve drawn for missing sitters and if we really want to get to the bottom of it look at the type of player we’ve been signing with £72m sitting in the bank
100% agree with you Get more players ready to start Project players are ok if you’ve got a strong squad Complacency is setting in I think

Not going to lie I never watched the game just some highlights but I think we need a new striker to challenge kyogo I'm not a massive fan of oh he's decent at best ....transfer activity was terrible in the summer hopefully in January we actually spend some cash (hopefully Aberdeen take points off them tomorrow) we need to take maximum points over the December period

Not going to lie I never watched the game just some highlights but I think we need a new striker to challenge kyogo I'm not a massive fan of oh he's decent at best ....transfer activity was terrible in the summer hopefully in January we actually spend some cash (hopefully Aberdeen take points off them tomorrow) we need to take maximum points over the December period
I actually think if Oh got a run of games there is a striker in there.
Kyogo needs a mid field that look for his runs. He makes them continuously but we seem to want to always rotate the ball from left to right and back. We don’t try the through pass to space.
Obviously I’m an expert on these matters. 😎
HH

Play 10 men behind the ball will nullify any system
Missing sitters ie O’Reilly Yang Palma will cost points. Can’t blame the manager for that
He gets payed the big bucks to work round ten men in defence!!not making subs when we go one up on 85 min,,ie Phillips at centre back when it’s clear scales is struggling to head a ball,,that goal doesn’t get scored?brings oh on and has Kyogo running around like a spare dick at the halfway line?not knowing what he’s meant to be doing.letting Yang stay on for so long when he was totally inept,only took him off when his hamstring creaked??same thing happened with lazio!!im a big Rodgers fan think he’s top class but need to be able to criticise when he’s fucked up,,and your bang on way oriley,Yang,palma missing sitters piss poor,,we’ve dropped six points to out of form teams,,but pumped all the top sides away from home??it has to be complacency by the manager.

We lose both strikers at January for the Asian tournament!!so we need to be on the ball come the window..a would make enquiries about loan for jota!!!all our wingers outwith palma are pretty poor.

I actually think if Oh got a run of games there is a striker in there.
Kyogo needs a mid field that look for his runs. He makes them continuously but we seem to want to always rotate the ball from left to right and back. We don’t try the through pass to space.
Obviously I’m an expert on these matters. 😎
HH
Aye you could be right mate...as a said a think oh is decent but what I've seen so far I don't think he will be a top striker (, obviously a would love to be proved wrong) hearts and Aberdeen both have a striker that's better and I could name about 10 in English championship that could do a better job...our midfield have been good this season yesterday tho wasn't the best tho (hatate even when fit has had more average than good games tho)

We lose both strikers at January for the Asian tournament!!so we need to be on the ball come the window..a would make enquiries about loan for jota!!!all our wingers outwith palma are pretty poor.
We lose all 3 strikers if Kyogo, Oh and Maeda are all included in their squads! We then have to hope we draft in a new striker in time and they hit the ground running with new teammates, in a new side playing new tactics. It is something many of us said about in the summer and Rodgers tried to reassure us a couple of weeks ago would not be a problem!

Celtic only team trying to win game thats the reason for stats. Would take better teams than us to break that shite down. Liverpool today under the cosh Man City all the good play but only one goal and one against to show for their efforts. Liverpool goal came from their right back. Stats dont make prizes so we should not look at stats as an indicator of results. If Aberdeen gub the huns gauranteed it will come from a break and the huns will moan about possesion and boring stuffy Dons.
Yep, no bonus points for 80% possession.

Scales unlucky with header, Oh unlucky with header even though his shirt was halfway up his back, Yang header narrowly past post, Gallagher desperate clearance from corner almost puts it in his own net, O Relly chance and save from keeper, any other day some of those chances go in. Today aint gonna fuck my weekend, will take any bet for charity the huns do not go unbeaten this season. As the song says we dont care if we win lose or draw, for we only know thats there is gonna be a show. We are winning this battle and are sitting top looking down on the Sevco.
View attachment 24408
Fed up with the unlucky bullshit. We need to make our own luck. X could have scored from this, Y should have scored from that. They need to get on and provide us with DID score.

We lose all 3 strikers if Kyogo, Oh and Maeda are all included in their squads! We then have to hope we draft in a new striker in time and they hit the ground running with new teammates, in a new side playing new tactics. It is something many of us said about in the summer and Rodgers tried to reassure us a couple of weeks ago would not be a problem!
It's a feckin ridiculous position to be in.

He gets payed the big bucks to work round ten men in defence!!not making subs when we go one up on 85 min,,ie Phillips at centre back when it’s clear scales is struggling to head a ball,,that goal doesn’t get scored?brings oh on and has Kyogo running around like a spare dick at the halfway line?not knowing what he’s meant to be doing.letting Yang stay on for so long when he was totally inept,only took him off when his hamstring creaked??same thing happened with lazio!!im a big Rodgers fan think he’s top class but need to be able to criticise when he’s fucked up,,and your bang on way oriley,Yang,palma missing sitters piss poor,,we’ve dropped six points to out of form teams,,but pumped all the top sides away from home??it has to be complacency by the manager.
Spot on Espiritasanto. I don't think it's down to complacency though. I think there is an arrogance that he knows best, is the supreme tactician, and therefore, does not want to be shown up, as having made a mistake, with either his original selection or tactics. From a clever man, it is stupid management in my opinion. I also like him, but he needs to be much more pragmatic and flexible in his tactics. How Yang and O'Reilly finished that match is beyond me. Makes me wonder if he has favourites?

Last edited:
Back