Yet another Lennon thread but does the buck stop with him?

26+6=1

On another thread Michael Duffy said
"Jist wait tae DD see's the share price falling"
Celtic fans should have no illusions about Dermot Desmond; he's not some benevolent Celtic Fan who'll pull out all the stops for the love of the club. His motivations are money and ego and his goals are to extract the maximum profit from the club (us the fans) in perpetuity.
No Sevco and the share prices fall. The illusion of competition is a foundation of the Tory business model in the Celtic boardroom. Profits mean more to them than achievements or anything the fans desire.
Perhaps I'm being overly cynical but I wouldn't put it past a Tory to sacrifice the achievement of TIAR to throw a lifeline to Sevco to sustain longer term profitability because the last thing they want to see is a Sevco implosion.
My opinions on Neil Lennon are well known and don't need to be rehashed sufficed to say I think he's entirely the wrong man to be Celtic Manager. But if there is a sinister ploy afoot to sustain Sevco for the benefit of the long-term business model Lennon is the Tory Board's perfect man for the job. It's not like he was getting a job anywhere else so he's entirely at the mercy of the board if he wants to stay in a job. By playing for Norn Irn and their hun fans he's the Irish equivalent of Mo Johnston so he has no principles but due to his 'Club Legend' status the board know there will be a considerable element of the fanbase who would follow him over a cliff edge and as such he's the perfect patsy.
Granted Celtic were seriously hindered by lack of player availability yesterday but much lesser sides than the one which took the field have given Sevco much, much more of a fight. This would suggest the psychology of the team is all wrong. Is that just because of Lennon or is Lennon following instructions? Young Welsh wasn't disgraced yesterday but Jozo is still on a free and could have played if fit.
If the club take a dive on this season the board will need to be held to account.

I don't now a single Celtic fan who think the Tash is a benevolent Celtic fan. He is a rich guy who if he loved the club half as much as the Three Bears, we wouldn't be out of the CL every fucking year. He puts fuck all in and I bet takes money out. the sooner the stingy prick leaves, taking that other tightfisted dithering cunt Lawell with him, the better the club would be. Supposed to be worth over £3b? Well, we have seen fuck all of that.

Don’t think it would show in accts V , you maybe correct , tbh I don’t fucking know , get you are angry , fuck so am I , but with not a shot on that yesterday , no excuses
I knew it was coming. I knew he would play Broony and Ntcham,this showed we wanted to contain, it showed weakness. We needed to be on the front foot, we never got off our heels in midfield. We needed craft, after Gerrrard shut down Fring, we had none. Turnbull, Calmac, Soro and Christie would and will give us speed, guile, an ability to dribble and can see and execute difficult passes. With Diego and Frimpong able to take advantage of the space our midfield create by beating a man, being faster and better. If we have nothing in the middle then the tactic is block Frim and Diego and we are neutered. How Lenny didn't see that worries the fuck out of me. Its his job on the line, not the players. He needs to wield the axe.

Don't believe for 1 sec lenny is not getting the players he wants as has there ever been a manager who has such a pick.
His man management could be bought into question alright. I am yet to see a club put money into failure and yet many board members have. I don't see the problem with DD as he is a business man not a football fan but not many big clubs do

What is the wage budget and transfer kitty available?

If its no good enough, what should it be?

Does Lennon have the best players available in Scotland?

If not why not?
If we have biggest budget and biggest wage bill and the investment is large then have the board failed Lenny?

If Lenny has best players best squad and backing of board in acquiring players who add value on field,

then buck stops with Lenny.

And fact he thinks we are playing best football he ever seen, suggests he either no well, telling lies or incompetent.

My personal opinion is he is unwell and no thinking properly.

Having had several wage up calls, he hasn't changed system and still hasn't got players fit enough in certain positions.

hard life being celtic manager

harder if your no getting backed

but he has been backed imo

he has been given time to fix glaring problems

his interviews after games are odd

he refuses to take can

I wanted him to get job
I wanted Lenny

I think he needs to go. had too many wake up calls and still his system is fantastic

Lenny was brought up in the unfit scottish league. Where guys like monster munch boyd break the goal scoring records. Ronny couldn't believe the players diets and training regimes when he came to celtic. All the players admitted to training better and eating better under brendan. Now the blogs are saying our foreign boys, like eddy, hate the way lenny has allowed the diets and training to slip. These guys want to move on one day to bigger and better things and having a diet and trianing regime like half the players in the scottish league won't get them there. Gerrard has came from a league that you have to be a 100% every day athlete, same place brendan came from. He now has his players looking fitter than ours (fat boy, excluded). And now that squad of bang average players have had our bhoys running round chasing shadows for 3 matches. There is a lot that lenny has broke that needs fixing in my view.

If we have biggest budget and biggest wage bill and the investment is large then have the board failed Lenny?

If Lenny has best players best squad and backing of board in acquiring players who add value on field,

then buck stops with Lenny.

And fact he thinks we are playing best football he ever seen, suggests he either no well, telling lies or incompetent.

My personal opinion is he is unwell and no thinking properly.

Having had several wage up calls, he hasn't changed system and still hasn't got players fit enough in certain positions.

hard life being celtic manager

harder if your no getting backed

but he has been backed imo

he has been given time to fix glaring problems

his interviews after games are odd

he refuses to take can

I wanted him to get job
I wanted Lenny

I think he needs to go. had too many wake up calls and still his system is fantastic
Strange times indeed when you are replying to a thread I started and we have common ground. It is good to see an awakening amongst Celtic fans regards Lennon. It is however, frustrating that it took such a shameful Saturday to provoke it.

Back