Young Shved looking great. We could have used him now. That’s what fall outs do.

I had to revisit this. Forrest couldn’t lace Paddy’s boots when the wee man was on fire. Is my honest opinion and even today given a choice I would pick Paddy every time.
Was still second fiddle.

And your right about when he was on fire, but just like forrest he was on fire only a small percentage of his playing, loved the wee guys talent, but was he more productive than forrest?

Rodgers didn't think so, and well he was also probably the cheaper wage of the two.

I think you miss point of what Im saying, sometimes.

Roberts for me was better player on his game. But long term value on off pitch has surely been on Forrest side. He also prepared to play for wages Celtic can afford.

Have no idea why Roberts didn't come permanently? perhaps he wanted wages we couldn't afford?

Was still second fiddle.

And your right about when he was on fire, but just like forrest he was on fire only a small percentage of his playing, loved the wee guys talent, but was he more productive than forrest?

Rodgers didn't think so, and well he was also probably the cheaper wage of the two.

Roberts for me was better player on his game. But long term value on off pitch has surely been on Forrest side. He also prepared to play for wages Celtic can afford.

Have no idea why Roberts didn't come permanently? perhaps he wanted wages we couldn't afford?
Paddy was injured a lot, but his ability to split a defence open with a simple pass was brilliant. Celtic haven't replaced that. A fit paddy or a fit Forrest? I'd have paddy all day long.

Was still second fiddle.

Nothing wrong with having different opinions on players, managers, board members. I think it was the fee they wanted. I may be wrong but if we wanted him a bud if £7-8m would have secured him and I think he would have been worth it.

I thought he was much more consistent than Forrest. Could beat two and three players more and his passing was sublime and left Forrest final ball standing. He was more likely to score too.

Forrest career at us has been characterized with inconsistency and an appalling final ball. He has improved since Rogers came, no doubt if that, but he has slipped back again.

If we had the choice of having either of them at the club today, I would choose Paddy all day long. That’s not to say Forrest isn’t good. It’s just I think Roberts is better and more effective.

True but we have to take our chances with these kind of players some will always make it others will not but if they are going to make it then CP is an attractive destination to these young talents, they've seen the progress to be gained by signing for Celtic and the success stories of van dyck wanyama dembele etc ìf a player can truly make it at Celtic then as we've always seen over the years they can make it at the highest level.
Petrov only required a bit of TLC and someone to encourage him.

Petrov was always class though. We started playing him as a full back!! WTF was that all about. Love wee Stan.
Was not class living out a burger van with no-one to talk to. He soon became class once a certain person wee Stan gives credit to in his book took him under his wing and educated the guy. Could mention the guys name, but then no-one would buy the book, good read you can call me stan and worth a purchase. Agent Boab HH

Now that kid Shved actually has some youtube highlights that suggest he is a forward and his banging goals in from outside the box and all angles, does not matter what league done in as that kind of natural ability is rare enough. Looks a real talent.
Perez from highlights also looks a talent, really determined kind of attacking defender.

highlights are no guarantee obviously, but some don't even have any actual highlights to suggest the position or proven ability, Kouassi never did apart from one bambi like chase down goal and Toljan has none obvious for an actual defender.

Last edited:
I suspect if he came at xmas you would snuggle to see any clips of Shved either, don't think he would have hit ground running, just like 90 percent of all players at new clubs.

I would like to see him in flesh but I don't think he improves our first team if im honest,

I actually watched the clips of him when we were in for him and he looked better even then.

I actually watched the clips of him when we were in for him and he looked better even then.
You see things through an interesting lens.

The player Shved looks very capable, he may or may not improve our team, but the cultural shock alone, for the lad, makes it more likely than not, he will struggle just to live here, never mind instantly adapt to the club, and therefore perform at his best, which might not ever be as high a standard as Forrest.

You have years and years of watching Forrest flaws, and you are very very critical, of one of the most talented players Celtic have ever produced.

You have watched the greatest hits clips of young guy and decided that from those clips, which completely omit his flaws, that he should be here now ahead of the players we currently have, who indecently or incidentally (depending on your perspective) have won 7 in a row domestic trophies, and 7 in a row championships.

I dare say if you offered Forrest, Sinclair, Johnston, Hayes or Shved to big English clubs then everyone of them would be gladly received at a fair price.

They all are very capable high quality players, can be very frustrating at times, but only the most elite players produce blindingly good performances every match.

Now, if our first team players currently would be greedily snapped up if offered out, and Shved is better than most (in your view), why do you think no big English clubs offered the small fee to sign him?

I say its because he is ultra high risk, young and probably not ready for cultural shock, which is very likely to hamper him hitting ground running. And then the vitriolic MSM here to deal with, and the anti catholic culture, being Ukrainian its likely (not certain) he is catholic.

you seem to have eyes that only see what you want to see.

I hope he is good signing
I hope he hits ground runnimg
I hope he can do everything and more in the clips

But I suspect he will have hard time getting any game time, ahead of players in our first team

time will tell?

looks worth a punt

but he is a punt

Last edited:
Was not class living out a burger van with no-one to talk to. He soon became class once a certain person wee Stan gives credit to in his book took him under his wing and educated the guy. Could mention the guys name, but then no-one would buy the book, good read you can call me stan and worth a purchase. Agent Boab HH
A know the guy you mean,was my bro’s best mate,used to tell us some brilliant story’s about wit him an Stan got up to,,,celtic were piss poor way Stan!!Barnes and dalgleish especially...

I had to revisit this. Forrest couldn’t lace Paddy’s boots when the wee man was on fire. Is my honest opinion and even today given a choice I would pick Paddy every time.
Me too we should buy Paddy Roberts loved him when he was here. Plus KT and him were like brothers. Last year of his contract.
£5 mill defence unlocker great wee player.
Bring him home to Paradise.

HH ☘️?

The player Shved looks very capable, he may or may not improve our team, but the cultural shock alone, for the lad, makes it more likely than not, he will struggle just to live here, never mind instantly adapt to the club, and therefore perform at his best, which might not ever be as high a standard as Forrest.

You have years and years of watching Forrest flaws, and you are very very critical, of one of the most talented players Celtic have ever produced.

You have watched the greatest hits clips of young guy and decided that from those clips, which completely omit his flaws, that he should be here now ahead of the players we currently have, who indecently or incidentally (depending on your perspective) have won 7 in a row domestic trophies, and 7 in a row championships.

I dare say if you offered Forrest, Sinclair, Johnston, Hayes or Shved to big English clubs then everyone of them would be gladly received at a fair price.

They all are very capable high quality players, can be very frustrating at times, but only the most elite players produce blindingly good performances every match.

Now, if our first team players currently would be greedily snapped up if offered out, and Shved is better than most (in your view), why do you think no big English clubs offered the small fee to sign him?

I say its because he is ultra high risk, young and probably not ready for cultural shock, which is very likely to hamper him hitting ground running. And then the vitriolic MSM here to deal with, and the anti catholic culture, being Ukrainian its likely (not certain) he is catholic.

But I suspect he will have hard time getting any game time, ahead of players in our first team

time will tell?

looks worth a punt

but he is a punt

Let’s wait and see.

rather lets not let criticism castigate one of our best players as not good enough.

forrest record as winger has been very very strong.

could be better but if he was grade higher, he would be earning 100K plus and playing at one of the monster clubs

I never said he wasn’t good enough. I said he was totally inconsistent and has returned to that mode. His first five years in and about the team are ones of inconsistency and an appalling final ball. I don’t let emotions come into it. He was infuriatingly one extreme to the other. He has bags of ability, but he hasn’t had a full season playing well throughout it. I just don’t think he has fulfilled his potential, he threatens to but it always fizzles out. As his form since the end of the year proves yet again. His final ball, shooting aren’t good enough most of the time. He mostly can get his pass by the first man and we get lots of corners. But, corners are a total waste of time for us so his play too often ends in an opportunity lost.

When he is on his top game he is great, too far between for my liking though and if he was as good as you say he’d be playing in England. He isn’t. Not one bid of note.

Paddy is a much better player for me. And I bet you an interweb pint Shved will be more effective more often too.

time will tell?

looks worth a punt

but he is a punt
so is any player just a punt

The guy came recommended as a good punt by Shevchenko ,Desmonds golfing pal ,at that price he was worth the punt

As with every non european player he will take time to settle get to to know the country he's living ,the club and the systems his team plays i can see why he was bought as with most succesful teams you buy in young talent to help with the transition period

I thought Kouassi would be a player he turned out shite there are no gaurantees ,it's up to the coaches to mold him into a player or admit defeat and punt him

A celtic fan who lives out there says he is a player time will tell

I never said he wasn’t good enough. I said he was totally inconsistent and has returned to that mode. His first five years in and about the team are ones of inconsistency and an appalling final ball. I don’t let emotions come into it. He was infuriatingly one extreme to the other. He has bags of ability, but he hasn’t had a full season playing well throughout it. I just don’t think he has fulfilled his potential, he threatens to but it always fizzles out. As his form since the end of the year proves yet again. His final ball, shooting aren’t good enough most of the time. He mostly can get his pass by the first man and we get lots of corners. But, corners are a total waste of time for us so his play too often ends in an opportunity lost.

When he is on his top game he is great, too far between for my liking though and if he was as good as you say he’d be playing in England. He isn’t. Not one bid of note.

Paddy is a much better player for me. And I bet you an interweb pint Shved will be more effective more often too.

You take things that are not really comparable and try to compare them without any kind of back up other than opinion based on ?

Paddy when he was on a game looked good. But I wouldn't say he was more effective than Forrest, yet.

If Forrest had the skill you desire he would most likely be bought by massive wage budget club, so his lack of consistency may actually mean we hold onto him in our league for all these years.

Roberts as far as I Understand isn't here because Celtic couldn't match his wages and he didn't want to come down wages to play here> No idea if that correct but seems most likely reason, since we have a limited budget for wages.

Massive investment is not going to massively increase our wage budget.
Hence reason we actually have cash in bank. The value added players that we can afford buying price often we can't actually afford their wages.

But still you go on about investing money rather than holding it.

Shved is most likely a very low wage player coming in, most probably wants into big leagues, not here, but they aint taking the risk because he is such unknown quantity in so many ways.

He may well be good signing, but its going to be massive risk.

Im pretty certain that if forrest was available for same price as Shved then nearly evryteam in England would be on it in flash.

Forrest can do damage in CL for sure
He can do damage in front of 60k critics for sure
He may not be Real Madrid class but hey that's why he's at Celtic and not Real Madrid. But for me he is the best Scottish inside forward for years and years.

He may have not have been TV class but I doubt any player gets your vote for long.

Better players than Celtic players usually come with higher wages than our players currently, if they are not at our wage level, its because they have no track record performing at our levels, therefore its gonna be risk to see if they can cut it at our level. I give you jack Hendry, I thought he would have cut it, but seems he bottles it.

Shved is possibly good signing but fact the beloved Rodgers didn't fancy him, and his record with Celtic class purchases had been dire, then that doesn't speak too highly for Shved.

Forrest could get first team football for most premiership sides based on his past
Roberts can't do that?
I seriously doubt Shved will, if the big Ukrainian clubs with mega industrial wealth havent snapped him up for buttons. Maybe he is even high risk in Ukraine?

You obliterate all the factors that really add value and go with gut feelings based on video excerpt on youtube.

Next you'll be saying on FM 2019 game he worth a fortune get him signed?

There is no real balance to any of your observations, they are all gut feelings, he is better, no he is better now, why sign him, play this one. Thats all fine and dandy. its all hypothetical but very little of it has any real roots or foundation, or at least you never get to the basic foundation for your theories other than gut emotions.

It all seems based on guts or emotions,

Hard evidence or statistics don't ever support your claims, you just want better, you want it now, you want investment, you want want want, but there never seems to be a coherent rationale for putting this grand plan into motion, other than pure emotional conjecture.

Its not really the most convincing way to put forward a verdict.

Forget about the future for a second.

Lets do reality and xmas break. Why in your opinion was Shved not brought to replace forrest as first choice new quality winger?

Do you not rate Mikey Johnston?
Do you not rate Oko Flex?
Do you not rate lad from saint Mirren who I assume been loaned out?

You rate forrest but not every game?
Do you rate Sinclair?
Do you rate Hayes?
Do you rate the two loan wingers?

Why is `Shved the missing peice and not one of the ones who dint get loaned out at xmas?

Last edited:
Back