Your honest opinion of the refereeing tonight

Imatim

Yes I know Ntcham made it easy for Dallas and we weren't at our best and to be fair St Mirren were well organised and defended well in depth.........but I thought I was watching a rerun of 2010 with some unbelievable decisions and bookings of Celtic players. What do you reckon?

Last edited:
Fuck Shuggie Dallas and his retarded brethren, I thought he grand ferret William Waddell had slapped a wig on! Still shocked at Rogic n Broony bookings They'll never change unless we force them out How the hell do you get booked while standing in the one spot? Many happy aprons tonite?

Standard of refereeing was poor but OUR performance was again a dam sight worse....blame the team and management first. Simply not good enough to be outworked and out fought by inferior players, not for the first time....are we watching or learning..doesn't look like it

i thought referee and linesmen were gash on most decisions. The red for Ntcham was deserved but that was one of the few fair calls. The brown Yellow was usual rot.

But all in all i don't think the poor refereeing had serious impact on the result.

It wasn't a good performance in attacking guile.
The defending was pretty decent considering we only had 10 men for most of game.

But the lack of movement coupled with square to the man balls meant little penetration and few opportunities of any quality.

Strangely St Mirren were much better against 11 men than 10

We were equally dire against them in both halves but maybe had the best chances to get ball in net despite being few and far between

I think this is worth a read from - FOOL TIME WHISTLE on CQN

I’m not the first or the last to say..

Dallas junior looks to be settling some unresolved issues on behalf of his father with this performance tonight.

Inexplicable decisions to penalize/book some tackles and then ignore or not book others for worse.

I usually stay detached from referee decisions but todays was as bad as any of the awfullest performances I’ve had to witness.

With managers hauled up for complaining for asking for cnsistency, players asking for transparency we have the spectacle of unprepared & incompetent officiating by an alleged “rising star” within the SFA firmament. Bad enough in any game, but in a televised game in the top division in Scotland, it served merely to underline why there is a sense of deep unfairness surrounding how games in Scotland are controlled.

To hear that the SFA have written to Uefa for clarification on one word is nonsensical and a distraction intended to deflect from the abysmal standards within the Scottish game.

How many other national associations have had to write to Uefa looking for help in deciding what is allowed, what os not and what justifies a red card?

I suspect that the only on is Collum & Dallas’s employer.

Boyata penalized for a clean tackle & getting the ball.

Lee Hodson “brutally” studding James Forrest in front of Dallas the Minor and NO foul awarded never mind a card brandished at him.

Tommy Rogic carded for trying to get the ball from Mullen/McGinn who had deliberately hand balled it, but who wasn’t carded for that or for holding onto the ball or throwing it away.

Keiran Tierney “brutally” head butted in the first minute but the offended is not carded.

Repeated incidents of St Mirren players collecting round Dallas demanding a card for some alleged infringements.

Odsonne Edouard repeatedly fouled by Baird who pulled his jersey as OE closed in on goal. No card issued.

Scott Brown carded for allowing Paul McGinn to run into him. Brown who wass directly under the high ball as it came down simply stood his ground and to avoid injury turned his back on the onrushing McGinn – but that was enough for Dallas who couldn’t wait to flash a yellow.

Frankly, I’ve lost count and am trying to watch my blood pressure – like living these injustices all over again.

The disappointing note is that it looked as if the only decisions he got right were those involving Olivier Ntcham. I haven’t seen them again but that’s how it looked. You owe us one Ollie.

Benkovic didn’t look fit and was nervous as St Mirren ran us ragged in the 1st half.

Ajer & Boyata were great.

Tom Rogic didn’t like the close attention either but he came into a game as most of iur team did in the 2nd half.

Can we start with 10 players every week and then slip #11 on if we can’t score?

James Forrest has the gift & pace to get past players but twice in the first half he failed to deliver on the final pass. One when Odsonne was open in front of goal, yet James shot past the post and looked like he hadn;t even seen OE.

Scott Brown magnificent.

Can we lodge appeals for yellow cards as well as red?

Never mind – it’s a waste of time.

Think we can forget the league this season?way too many performances like that atrocious one tonite,no clue as to breaking teams down ,endless sideways passes,,,need a paddy Roberts type,,big French eddy and ntcham look like they maybe been chatting way moose,,don’t look interested....

Morgan and Johnston need tae be given games, I know ones been injured and the others young but we need a Roberts/Sinclair player like they were in Brendan’s first season, take ncham out for a few games and put McGregor next tae brown, 3 at the back shouldn’t be a solution tae not having a good right back getting a good right back should, it’s not broke just needs a bit of fixing

HH

Unusual from me but here goes....I don’t think what was a truly atrocious performance from Dallas was as bad as ours. So in that sense, and this the deeply worrying part for me, it didn’t impact on the result and didn’t seem to be the key reason we played so poorly.

I think what it did do however, an not that this needs highlighted to all present, is show how Celtic + poor performance + expected poor/biased refereeing performance can impact greatly on our chances of success in a game. If this unholy trinity persists over say 15 games in a campaign, it can then threaten honours too. Celtic always have to be better than good to prevail. Has been that way for as long as I’ve been alive, and before I was alive I’m told it was the state of play then too.

This puts us at a clear disadvantage and until SERIOUS effort is put into redressing that imbalance it will continue. I’m betting that won’t be this year so to ensure at least this league we need to be better than good. What worries me is whether we will be, as others have commented here, as we aren’t firing yet this year. It is early. That’s true. But we need to sort the on field issues first as that’s within our collective gift. We should press ahead to seek parity too or we will always have to be better than good in the future. And sometimes you can’t be. It’s unfair expect as such over years and years and yet more years.

I’m still confident on the league as I feel we can and will improve but it’s a long term concern as well as short. And it’s a dual concern. There are people in this country who will stop at very little to end our run. Be better than good Celtic but also, sort the imbalance out too. This can’t go on much longer.

BHH

i thought referee and linesmen were gash on most decisions. The red for Ntcham was deserved but that was one of the few fair calls. The brown Yellow was usual rot.

But all in all i don't think the poor refereeing had serious impact on the result.

It wasn't a good performance in attacking guile.
The defending was pretty decent considering we only had 10 men for most of game.

But the lack of movement coupled with square to the man balls meant little penetration and few opportunities of any quality.

Strangely St Mirren were much better against 11 men than 10

We were equally dire against them in both halves but maybe had the best chances to get ball in net despite being few and far between
The sideways passing drives me nuts
Also too many 'telegraph' passes
We should be going forward, with players 'showing' for the ball
The new guy looked comfortable at the back but I'd give Christie a shot as he's willing to run at people, Forrest and MacGregor did their best but too many not willing to give, as good as they got
Hopefully, Mulumbu gets his chance domestically
HH

Thought it was Calmac’s poorest performance for us, although it may have been caused by the sending off of our key midfielder? Shows how far the wee man has come on in the past three years that I would even offer that reasoning. He has been immense and is bordering on world class for me (think Lambert at Dortmund. This wee guy in that company? Would easily shine) but I felt he was disjointed tonight. Ended fairly well but took a long time to get into things. Compared to recent performances though, he wasn’t great. Whole system we employ needs to be expanded to include how to go direct when its merited. Maybe that means subbing Callum in a game like that, maybe he could work in that system too. Maybe a few couldn’t hence Brendan’s reluctance to employ it? Not sure but we need a “what if” tactic.

BHH

Think we can forget the league this season?way too many performances like that atrocious one tonite,no clue as to breaking teams down ,endless sideways passes,,,need a paddy Roberts type,,big French eddy and ntcham look like they maybe been chatting way moose,,don’t look interested....
Disagree with your comment about forgetting the league title
We didn't play well today, yet totally dominated the 2nd half, even with ten men
First half, they were in our faces for 45 minutes & were on the front foot
2nd half, they sat back, playing for the draw and hitting us on the break
We will get through this and come out stronger
BR has to start Griffiths as his striker of choise, go with 2 up front and get Mulumbu and Christie in there to open up defences, for a while
My opinion of course

Keep the Faith
HH

Thought it was Calmac’s poorest performance for us, although it may have been caused by the sending off of our key midfielder? Shows how far the wee man has come on in the past three years that I would even offer that reasoning. He has been immense and is bordering on world class for me (think Lambert at Dortmund. This wee guy in that company? Would easily shine) but I felt he was disjointed tonight. Ended fairly well but took a long time to get into things. Compared to recent performances though, he wasn’t great. Whole system we employ needs to be expanded to include how to go direct when its merited. Maybe that means subbing Callum in a game like that, maybe he could work in that system too. Maybe a few couldn’t hence Brendan’s reluctance to employ it? Not sure but we need a “what if” tactic.

BHH
CalMac didn't see much of the ball first half, The ball kept going out to the other wing
He has been one of our best players these past two seasons, no question
He's on my startng team sheet every week
Horses for courses, he'll come good again and we'll be back at the top where we belong
HH

Disagree with your comment about forgetting the league title
We didn't play well today, yet totally dominated the 2nd half, even with ten men
First half, they were in our faces for 45 minutes & were on the front foot
2nd half, they sat back, playing for the draw and hitting us on the break
We will get through this and come out stronger
BR has to start Griffiths as his striker of choise, go with 2 up front and get Mulumbu and Christie in there to open up defences, for a while
My opinion of course

Keep the Faith
HH
I would add that St Mirren despite their poor start in top flight brought decent support and played well enough for draw on evening. Think the players took it for granted we would win this match, which they really shouldn't be falling into that over confidence.

Need to earn every 3 points through diligence and hard work and good attitude. As a team we sometimes buy into our own hype and drop the mental side of winning games through over confidence. The St Mirren players were right up for it. Not exactly the fanciest team in our league. But they were honest and hard working and that diligence and effort frustrated our efforts.

Lost 2 points away from home with 10 men.
Not a great result.
In fact its a bad result.
But really it happens.
Still got a point on the positive side. But its another wake up call to the players. Hopefully this time they actually wake up.

Cant afford too many gash performances of that calibre.

Nothing was won or lost on that performance. But need to get the synergy back quickly.

The ref sucked as expected. But Ntcham deserved red. And although the ref sucked our team performance sucked even worse.

Dust down and get back on track.
Still champions and only we can throw it away.
Im most surprised that Rodgers with his experience still keeps playing same weak tactics against brick wall.
So get on it Rodgers your no double treble winner for nothing.
Get the synergy and guile back into these guys.

Dallas Jr. was useless and I feel he is settling some old scores on behalf of his disgraced old man. So many decisions wrong, and every one of them has an impact (however minor). Make no mistake, this was part of Operation Stop Celtic. I know we played poorly, very poorly, but despite this there was no level playing field. Those who feel we can win every week in the face of distinctly questionable refereeing have short memories! Playing shite and being treated like shite are too different things. Against St. Mirren we were not treated fairly......and that was obvious from the first minute assault on one of our star players......I am not sure he fully recovered from it.

Dallas Jr. was useless and I feel he is settling some old scores on behalf of his disgraced old man. So many decisions wrong, and every one of them has an impact (however minor). Make no mistake, this was part of Operation Stop Celtic. I know we played poorly, very poorly, but despite this there was no level playing field. Those who feel we can win every week in the face of distinctly questionable refereeing have short memories! Playing shite and being treated like shite are too different things. Against St. Mirren we were not treated fairly......and that was obvious from the first minute assault on one of our star players......I am not sure he fully recovered from it.

I agree that our culture in Scotland with its inherent clandestine hatred of Celtic must end. The refereeing problem like all other systemic problems in Scottish game where any kind of prejudice which leads to bias and in some cases extreme bias must be addressed.

There are whole host of dubious referees and apparently there is history of referees mostly becoming Rangers season ticket holders after they stop being refs. I have seen many refs with some really odd decisions in important games for Celtic that have cost points for Celtic without any kind of recourse to justice.

I have also watched refs make bizarre decisions in important games give Rangers points they didn't deserve.

The bias and history of strange decisions pro Rangers and anti Celtic is enduring and a serious disadvantage. The general trend consistently over many years apparently paint6s a strange tendency for a significant bias being in favour of the anti-Catholic teams.

But in that game last night I am not convinced the obvious bias from Dallas on numerous occasions, including the ones you mention, had any real bearing on the actual result on the night.

Having said that I still think Dallas should be brought to task on the odd bias he showed even though it didn't, in my opinion, have any real bearing on that particular match.

Celtic were Gash, Ntcham deserved red, the other poor ref decisions may have made game even less likely celtic would score. But really I don't think on this occasion the biased ref really had a bearing on the result, maybe resulted in St Mirren getting less cards than they deserved, but Celtic were gash, St mirren played well enough top get a draw.
St Mirrens decent defensive display had much more bearing on the scoreline, coupled with Celtics poor offence.

I hate the name Dallas. I do indeed suspect he is likely to be biased against Celtic just like his dodgy namesake, no Idea if he is related to the Hugh Dallas that was bigot, but if he is then it highlights the very problem within SFA that needs investigation.

But I won't be blaming Dallas for our lack of 3 points, despite his odd bias in the game. But he should be reprimanded and took to task for his inconsistency and strange calls that on replay are clearly dodgy.

I’m on holiday in The Far East and couldn’t watch the game, didn’t need to, to know that the refereeing was c**p. Operation “stop the 10” in full swing. Throw in Aberdeen & Kilmarnock to show we all, except the “chosen ones”, get the same treatment.
One good point is that if Brendan get cited for his post match comments then maybe, just maybe the Board will be forced into a statement.
Holding my breath!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back