Your idols growing up

Gagarin was a hero even to some in the U.S., surprisingly, since we were locked in mortal competition against the U.S.S.R. in the space race. Also, as you know, the 50th anniversary of the moon landing will take place next month, and there are a couple of movies out (or coming out) about Neil Armstrong. I remember reading an article while I was getting my car repaired about 10 years ago (had to be because it was around the 40th anniversary) which outlined the whole mission, from launch to touchdown, and one of the things that struck me was that Armstrong took a lot longer to land the Lunar Module than the folks at Mission Control would have liked, and they were worried about if they had enough fuel to get the LM back to the orbiting Command Module. Of course, it turned out fine.
Will look out for these, I watched the documentaries on Armstrong and Gagarin, even the equipment they tested and trained on before rockets were made for them and went up in looked dodgy.

Will look out for these, I watched the documentaries on Armstrong and Gagarin, even the equipment they tested and trained on before rockets were made for them and went up in looked dodgy.
I love the youtube video where a moon-landing denier, Bart Sibrel, is harassing a pensioner-aged Buzz Aldrin & his wife about being a cheat and a liar for stealing money lecturing about being on the moon when it was all faked. He doesn't let up until Buzz finally snaps and puts him in his place! I don't think idiots like him understand just how tough these test pilots and early astronauts were.

I love the youtube video where a moon-landing denier, Bart Sibrel, is harassing a pensioner-aged Buzz Aldrin & his wife about being a cheat and a liar for stealing money lecturing about being on the moon when it was all faked. He doesn't let up until Buzz finally snaps and puts him in his place! I don't think idiots like him understand just how tough these test pilots and early astronauts were.

Braver than the clowns who call them liars, BB.

I was lucky enough as an 11 year old to be standing in The Jungle watching one player attempting to convincingly win the game on his own and actually doing so. Jinky had a morbid fear of flying as you probably know. A phobia for which I have a 100% cure rate incidentaly. Ahead of the first leg of a European Cup tie against Red Star Belgrade at Parkhead in November 1968, Jock Stein told Johnstone that, if Celtic won by four goals, he wouldn't have to travel to Yugoslavia for the second leg. Johnstone went on to produce an outstanding performance, scoring twice and providing assists for the other three goals in a 5–1 win. He screamed to be passed the ball and then dribbled past three players and set up goals. There's a reason he hasa statue outside Celtic Park. It's because he was one of a kind. In the last 50 years I have never seen a better player.

Members online

Latest posts

Back