Your love for Celtic.

The last thing my mate asked me before he died was, "Have we won the league"? "Yes, Harald Brattback has just scored", I replied. My father in law dying of cancer made a trip to Dunfermline to see a Celtic win when he really should have been in bed. This is what it means to be Celtic.
There are hundreds of people make the trip to Celtic Park who are not in a good place or life has not been brilliant but inside the stadium we are all family - we are all equal and have mutual respect. HH

The last thing my mate asked me before he died was, "Have we won the league"? "Yes, Harald Brattback has just scored", I replied. My father in law dying of cancer made a trip to Dunfermline to see a Celtic win when he really should have been in bed. This is what it means to be Celtic.
There are hundreds of people make the trip to Celtic Park who are not in a good place or life has not been brilliant but inside the stadium we are all family - we are all equal and have mutual respect. HH
Dinnae be gettin' me greetin', Goldfinch......i've no even got a sappy film to blame!!!

God bless our departed "family" members Hail Hail

This is the Gods Honest Truth for me. I'd always liked Celtic cos of my Mum and cos we won quite a lot. But here are my first 3 matches attended:-
Celtic v Dumbarton in 1972, we won 2-1, Harry Hood andxa Pat McCauley pen.
Partick Thistle (My Dad's and my local team) v Newcastle United in Bobby Moncur's testimonial. 0-0
Rangers v St Johnstone with my bate n his Dad, diehard Rangers fans.5-1.
Now, I was ALWAYS gonnae support Celtic. We had Jinky, Big Billy, the King, Bobby Murdoch (My hero) n the rest. WE played with flair. But I went 2 those other 2 games n I remember it this way: Jags drew 0-0 and everyone had a great time. Huns won 5-1, 3 nil at half time and I will NEVER forget the hate at that ground as I moved from behind one goal to the other as you could do in those days. I knew then, as a 10 yr old kid that I was blessed to be a Celtic supporter, with a regard for the Bags that lasts til this day. The other team in this narrative: they're dead. Thankfully.
But I DO love their Tribute Act.
Wish I didn't post when pished. Or at least remembered to check the spelling! Apologies, All.

I don’t want people greetin or anything but I just want to say my husband came from Garthamlock and used to walk to Parkhead since he was eight years old. He loved Celtic. But one day he decided to walk from our home Kings Park to the game but got lost and didn’t get there till half time he was upset but ragin he had missed half the game. He was a few months later diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s disease aged 54. He is buried with his Celtic scarf and to the music of ‘something inside so strong’. HH

I don’t want people greetin or anything but I just want to say my husband came from Garthamlock and used to walk to Parkhead since he was eight years old. He loved Celtic. But one day he decided to walk from our home Kings Park to the game but got lost and didn’t get there till half time he was upset but ragin he had missed half the game. He was a few months later diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s disease aged 54. He is buried with his Celtic scarf and to the music of ‘something inside so strong’. HH
He must really have been Celtic daft, GG. :cry:

Thank you for sharing your memories.

Your husband will be able to watch the games from the best seat in the house, GG!

Always remember the sentiments of that song and tip a wee wink every time the Celtic score.

So sorry for your loss glasgowgreen67 and so very young too. He mustve been a good guy, God calls the good ones home early. Its the ones left behind that really need our tlc.

Stay strong ghirl. ☘️

In my teenage years, as I was becoming more interested in separatist or anticolonialist struggles all around the world, I became strongly interested in Irish Republicanism and since I also liked football it made me gravitate towards Celtic which I already liked before. I was also trying to improve my English so it made sense on that front as well.

So basically I came for the politics and stayed for what I quickly saw was way beyond that and was a truly special team, a club like no other. I reckon there must be very few people in the world, if any, with no personal connection whatsoever to either Scotland or Ireland, who appreciate, love and care for Celtic FC at the deep personal level I do. Virtually nothing to do with the reasons that made me become interested in it in the first place.

I love our history, our heritage, the pride we all share in our colours, our badge and our long line of homegrown players. I can't wait to shed the same tears of joy a fifth or sixth generation Celtic fan will shed the day either Broony or KT lifts the ten. And I could spend three thousand more words trying to explain why I ended up being Celtic daft over 900 miles away from Paradise, but since it doesn't make sense anyway, I'll leave it at this. I was an atheist for the first sixteen years of my life or so, and by now these hoops are my religion. The only illogical system of beliefs I profess. Beautiful madness.

Hail hail!

Belting great post, Uztai, where have you been lately? It's wonderful to hear of people so far away that are as big Celtic fans as we who have it in our DNA. You summed it up perfectly saying it was a beautiful madness and yes, we will see the 10. :)

Belting great post, Uztai, where have you been lately? It's wonderful to hear of people so far away that are as big Celtic fans as we who have it in our DNA. You summed it up perfectly saying it was a beautiful madness and yes, we will see the 10. :)
am hopin to see a lot more than 10 ?

Beautiful madness.......now that's a beautiful description.

Great to share your story, Uztai......it's magical to know that we have fans like you!

Cheers! Been busy with work, mostly. Also, and weirdly enough, I probably would have posted more had we continued mired in our little September crisis, but being back on track relaxed me a bit I think!

am hopin to see a lot more than 10 ?

No one said we should stop at that! Let's get there first though :cool:

Beautiful madness.......now that's a beautiful description.

Great to share your story, Uztai......it's magical to know that we have fans like you!

Cheers! I explained it further in one of my first posts :) I don't know that there's many random hardcore supporters, but I think you can sense Celtic is very much liked in many corners of the world, the Basque Country definitely being one of those.

When i was young i could recite the lisbon lions and i was all of them with the ball in my head, there was just innocence Celtic never knew anything else the hatred etc never undesrtood the parades etc and then 1970 we lost to Feynord and Wim Jansen, was at the ice cream van with hoops top and ball was three years older than lisbon when someone asked in the queue do you sell ajax for wiping the floor clean, undestood straight away and thought fat bastard raging, at 67 but loving 70 and from then on in learned the rules and what it is to follow Celtic. This guy was an adult a grown man bitter as fuck and i was at primary school.

When i was young i could recite the lisbon lions and i was all of them with the ball in my head, there was just innocence Celtic never knew anything else the hatred etc never undesrtood the parades etc and then 1970 we lost to Feynord and Wim Jansen, was at the ice cream van with hoops top and ball was three years older than lisbon when someone asked in the queue do you sell ajax for wiping the floor clean, undestood straight away and thought fat bastard raging, at 67 but loving 70 and from then on in learned the rules and what it is to follow Celtic. This guy was an adult a grown man bitter as fuck and i was at primary school.
There is something poetic about that though, Boab

Fast forward to the current day, find the same icy and that same fat bastard and order some jelly to go with the ice-cream.

Cheers! Been busy with work, mostly. Also, and weirdly enough, I probably would have posted more had we continued mired in our little September crisis, but being back on track relaxed me a bit I think!

No one said we should stop at that! Let's get there first though :cool:

Cheers! I explained it further in one of my first posts :) I don't know that there's many random hardcore supporters, but I think you can sense Celtic is very much liked in many corners of the world, the Basque Country definitely being one of those.
I have a work colleague originally from Galicia.

One of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet.

He came to Scotland to study and was able to recognise the similarities in Iberian culture and Celtic culture.

According to him, Galicia also identifies as a separatist part of the country and feels frustrated at the imposition and governance of the Madridistas.

Throughout the world, we find people with similar struggles and it remains important that we find solidarity with each other.

You are now bonded in spirit with each of us, as we are with you.

In my teenage years, as I was becoming more interested in separatist or anticolonialist struggles all around the world, I became strongly interested in Irish Republicanism and since I also liked football it made me gravitate towards Celtic which I already liked before. I was also trying to improve my English so it made sense on that front as well.

So basically I came for the politics and stayed for what I quickly saw was way beyond that and was a truly special team, a club like no other. I reckon there must be very few people in the world, if any, with no personal connection whatsoever to either Scotland or Ireland, who appreciate, love and care for Celtic FC at the deep personal level I do. Virtually nothing to do with the reasons that made me become interested in it in the first place.

I love our history, our heritage, the pride we all share in our colours, our badge and our long line of homegrown players. I can't wait to shed the same tears of joy a fifth or sixth generation Celtic fan will shed the day either Broony or KT lifts the ten. And I could spend three thousand more words trying to explain why I ended up being Celtic daft over 900 miles away from Paradise, but since it doesn't make sense anyway, I'll leave it at this. I was an atheist for the first sixteen years of my life or so, and by now these hoops are my religion. The only illogical system of beliefs I profess. Beautiful madness.

Hail hail!

Your english is superb my friend, where are you from?

People of all faiths and none are equally welcomed in Paradise.

HH ☘️

My mother's side are Catholic and had come over from Derry, they were all Celtic daft and so they took me watch them play. My Da didn't care too much about fitba but he always considered himself Scottish not British. He was a proper teuchter from Torridon who moved to Glasgow for work and would sometimes go watch the Celtic play, he loved watching them but i feel it was more because we all went together and he just got to spend time with the whole family. He was more in to Highland games and had me out in the garden throwing big boulders about and boxing with my brother :LOL: There is picture of me as a tot with my brother and my da, all in Celtic tops, in the garden doing an old school strength training exercise, my da holding an enourmous rock above his head, my brother holding one up against chest and me desperately struggling to pick one up off the ground:giggle:

An early Celtic related memory of mine still makes me smile a little.

It was my first year of primary school and we were doing a class about road safety and the like. Our teacher asked us if we knew when it was safe for us to cross the road at traffic lights and me, aged 5, raised my hand and said "It's only safe to cross when Wee Jinky is there." My teacher was baffled by this response and i remember saying "Yeah, Wee Jinky, that's what the wee green man on the lights is called. He's kicking a ball and when he's there it's safe to cross!"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back