Your question for Ange

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
After many months of behind the scene discussions, not just The Celtic Star but all of the Celtic Fan Media who have been participating in the fan media working relationship with Celtic this season, will get the chance to speak to Ange Postecoglou on Monday afternoon at a Celtic Fan Media Conference. As some of these conferences the numbers of fan media sites has reduced to low numbers - the day after we lost 4-0 to Bayer Leverkusen there was a scheduled fan media conference with Fran Alonso and only The Celtic Star turned up, so I ended up getting a one-on-one interview with the Celtic FC Women manager.

That wasn't asked for in the conversations with Celtic about Ange Postecoglou engaging with us and as a result all participating sites and podcasts will be there on Monday and will have one question each to ask.

Yesterday Chris Sutton joked about Steven Gerrard not being able to take his own referees with him to England. That must have been a real eye-opener for Gerrard who played almost his entire career at Liverpool without any of his own side's supporters ever being allowed to referee their games. The time to talk about that though is actually at the Celtic AGM next week. Sutton's remarks were funny but the reality for Celtic is that it is no laughing matter.

I tried to mark Ange's card about this before a ball was kicked and at least he heard the warning. Maybe someone else will ask him about Madden, Beaton and the rest on Monday but what does Celtic Noise want me to ask Ange. Sensible only answers please!

PS two Celtic Fan Media representatives - on a rotating basis - will get the chance to attend pre-match and post match media conferences going forward, a major breakthrough. HH

After many months of behind the scene discussions, not just The Celtic Star but all of the Celtic Fan Media who have been participating in the fan media working relationship with Celtic this season, will get the chance to speak to Ange Postecoglou on Monday afternoon at a Celtic Fan Media Conference. As some of these conferences the numbers of fan media sites has reduced to low numbers - the day after we lost 4-0 to Bayer Leverkusen there was a scheduled fan media conference with Fran Alonso and only The Celtic Star turned up, so I ended up getting a one-on-one interview with the Celtic FC Women manager.

That wasn't asked for in the conversations with Celtic about Ange Postecoglou engaging with us and as a result all participating sites and podcasts will be there on Monday and will have one question each to ask.

Yesterday Chris Sutton joked about Steven Gerrard not being able to take his own referees with him to England. That must have been a real eye-opener for Gerrard who played almost his entire career at Liverpool without any of his own side's supporters ever being allowed to referee their games. The time to talk about that though is actually at the Celtic AGM next week. Sutton's remarks were funny but the reality for Celtic is that it is no laughing matter.

I tried to mark Ange's card about this before a ball was kicked and at least he heard the warning. Maybe someone else will ask him about Madden, Beaton and the rest on Monday but what does Celtic Noise want me to ask Ange. Sensible only answers please!

PS two Celtic Fan Media representatives - on a rotating basis - will get the chance to attend pre-match and post match media conferences going forward, a major breakthrough. HH
I think we’ve seen from ange in interviews so far he doesn’t get involved in chat about referees and outside influences
I could give you his answer now to that question
I’m not a referee, I dint referee games therefore I stick to my remit

I think it was nialls excellent article yesterday that pointed out the number of positions that are vacant behind the scenes in the football/science/recruitment department
You could ask him if he is actively trying to recruit in these roles and when…

you could also say previous managers have been hindered in proper pre season preparations by an inability to get managers targets in on time for champions league qualifiers/European games
What steps will you take this season to ensure that doesn’t happen again

Last edited:
Something I would like to ask Ange would be about young player development WC.
It has always been something celtic supporter's have held closely to our hearts with the emergance of young players breaking through into the 1st team, and we are very grateful to seeing Tony Ralston being given that opportunity and taking the opportunity with both hands, to the degree he has made himself undropable at the moment.
However, with the competition for places within the squad so strong and potentially could become even stronger in January, where would that potentially leave many of our younger talents with so limited opportunities available within Scottish football, as things stand?
When Ange took over the role as manager, he said that player development was an area of huge interest to him, so would Ange be interested in the club looking to break away with a potential u23 in England to help with younger player development than currently having his hands tied with the lack of opportunity's available within Scotland at present?

Ange , why have you not brought in your own backroom staff and do you feel we are lacking in these areas

WC i'd fire in with a warning like you did at the first presser you got everyones back up and it all rang true to the fella in charge ,maybe give him the heads up on how a team with most possession comes out looking to be the team who creates the most fouls

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we’ve seen from ange in interviews so far he doesn’t get involved in chat about referees and outside influences
I could give you his answer now to that question
I’m not a referee, I dint referee games therefore I stick to my remit

I think it was nialls excellent article yesterday that pointed out the number of positions that are vacant behind the scenes in the football/science/recruitment department
You could ask him if he is actively trying to recruit in these roles and when…

you could also say previous managers have been hindered in proper pre season preparations by an inability to get managers targets in on time for champions league qualifiers/European games
What steps will you take this season to ensure that doesn’t happen again

You're probably right, and I'd imagine Ange would answer with a Steinesque "if you're good enough, refs don't matter" sort of answer to a referee question. But I do hope someone at the presser makes some comment towards the non-existent protection of our players by the MiB. It would be nice to know if any steps are being taken behind the scenes in tackling the major issues we have with corrupt/incompetent officiating in the game. I'm genuinely happy with the direction the club is going at the moment. I think we are so close to being the force we were a few seasons ago. The only thing that can stop us is the MiBs. I hope someone mentions it.

Ange , why have you not brought in your own backroom staff and do you feel we are lacking in these areas

WC i'd fire in with a warning like you did at the first presser you got everyones back up and it all rang true to the fella in charge ,maybe give him the heads up on how a team with most possession comes out looking to be the team who creates the most fouls
That’s a punning clan to get an answer out of him with asking directly

Members online

Latest posts

Back