€16,000 fine for flares during Nazio away game.

When are the Green Brigade going to stop playing silly buggers with fireworks? Apart from putting other fans in danger, (burns, scarred for life, loss of eye etc.), fans with respiratory problems (of which there are many), could become seriously ill or even die, plus they are costing the club 10's of thousands in fines. I recently witnessed a disabled fan at the front having to get medical treatment then moved away from the smoke. So we have to ask, why do it? To me it is just more evidence of immaturity and attention seeking with complete disregard for other fans and the clubs finances.

When are the Green Brigade going to stop playing silly buggers with fireworks? Apart from putting other fans in danger, (burns, scarred for life, loss of eye etc.), fans with respiratory problems (of which there are many), could become seriously ill or even die, plus they are costing the club 10's of thousands in fines. I recently witnessed a disabled fan at the front having to get medical treatment then moved away from the smoke. So we have to ask, why do it? To me it is just more evidence of immaturity and attention seeking with complete disregard for other fans and the clubs finances.
Now see that, Thai Tim, that is a comment that I could get around to actually "liking"!

I agree that the pyrotechnics are a health & safety issue and that the GB have to be more aware of their responsibility to not impose danger on fellow supporters.

I also agree that it is costing the club needless fines which have an accumulative effect that could potentially cost hundreds of thousands in partial closures.

Ach well, I guess we can't disagree on everything

Yup the only rocket we need around here is you Thai Tim, and that's debatable....

I know they have previous and possibly built a rod for their own backs but that display of pyro wasn't just down to the green brigade....there were many others outside of the group letting them off....just saying

I know they have previous and possibly built a rod for their own backs but that display of pyro wasn't just down to the green brigade....there were many others outside of the group letting them off....just saying
You know what, Docco, I was always a bit sceptical about the idea that there were interlopers and always thought it was just another one of the huns crackpot theories to try and deflect from their own arseholishness.

That was until fairly recently when I was at the Dundee derby with a lad from work. In the main stand at Dens, there was a small section set aside for the United fans and tempers got a bit frayed when United took the lead. In among the Dundee fans getting their girdles in a twist, I noticed a couple of young lads whose first allegiance is to the hun. They'd obviously paid good money to go to a game they weren't invested in just for the chance to have a bit of aggro.

Now, I don't want to get carried away on a wave of hun madness, but I do take the point that sometimes it's a bit too easy to point the finger at the usual suspects, when more often than not, that that might not be necessarily the case.

You know what, Docco, I was always a bit sceptical about the idea that there were interlopers and always thought it was just another one of the huns crackpot theories to try and deflect from their own arseholishness.

That was until fairly recently when I was at the Dundee derby with a lad from work. In the main stand at Dens, there was a small section set aside for the United fans and tempers got a bit frayed when United took the lead. In among the Dundee fans getting their girdles in a twist, I noticed a couple of young lads whose first allegiance is to the hun. They'd obviously paid good money to go to a game they weren't invested in just for the chance to have a bit of aggro.

Now, I don't want to get carried away on a wave of hun madness, but I do take the point that sometimes it's a bit too easy to point the finger at the usual suspects, when more often than not, that that might not be necessarily the case.

No doubt that there were a few green brigade setting them off ( the way they smuggle them in is ingenious btw) but what I saw all around me were yer "normal" fan so to speak indulging in the practice...not saying that it makes it any better or worse, just pointing out as you did that it is indeed always easy to point the finger given previous events

Members online

No members online now.

Back