?️ Neil Lennon on the Match | St Mirren 0-2 Celtic

Have the last couple of games changed your opinion any about Lenny for the long term, TET?
not really

He is my lucky shamrock kinda manager.

I would have him before any big mega bucks manager anyday.

All these fancy European types couldn't cope with Celtic pressures. Remember Paul le guen. reminds me of Rose or Martinez.

Its the weather here. You need to be from UK or Ireland to cope with the weather.

You need to be real hard case with ability to motivate in all weather at Celtic. And Lennon ticks all the boxes.

He has tough time taking players who aren't his choice and make them change style and still win every game.

Next season with a nice wee budget I think Neil will galvanise squad cut out the dead wood and add value on off pitch.

I would pick Neil as manager even if we had sheik Mohammad's wealth to buy anybody he liked.

Not sure I agree, TET. I think he made poor decisions v the huns and we haven't been that brilliant in any of the games we've played since BR left although we did have the guts to play for a win to the bitter end.
Don't think you can equate any foreign manager with Paul Le Guen as all his troubles were with the players not wanting to play for him. They didn't like being told no drinking etc so his jaiket was on a shoogly nail from day 1.
I do think, however, that Lenny already has the permanent position, it's just that we haven't been told yet.

I think anyone who gets the job and proves to be successful will always be wooed away by the lure of bigger bucks etc and that's why I was neither shocked or surprised at BR's defection. Scunnered by his timing though.

Not sure I agree, TET. I think he made poor decisions v the huns and we haven't been that brilliant in any of the games we've played since BR left although we did have the guts to play for a win to the bitter end.
Don't think you can equate any foreign manager with Paul Le Guen as all his troubles were with the players not wanting to play for him. They didn't like being told no drinking etc so his jaiket was on a shoogly nail from day 1.
I do think, however, that Lenny already has the permanent position, it's just that we haven't been told yet.

He hasn't set the world on fire with the same guys that Rodgers couldn't set the world on fire with.

Testament to Lennon for being able to win games that we struggled to get over line, but he got over the line.

I think Lennon has tried to use the current style players are familiar with and tweak it to be ever so slightly more direct at times.

When/if we finally win league I would expect him to try and change things little more to suit his taste and at that point only will it be really worth judging him on his own merits

I certainly hope he wins treble

Has a big rebuild if he gets the job
And tbh I would expect him to have the same operational budgets at least that Rodgers got and I really thing he ill be able t get much better much more motivated players to come than Rodgers.

Lot of big wages not really performing at the levels expected for their massive wages consistently.

I think anyone who gets the job and proves to be successful will always be wooed away by the lure of bigger bucks etc and that's why I was neither shocked or surprised at BR's defection. Scunnered by his timing though.
I don't think that's true.
Most managers used to want to build a team and a legacy, very few teams offer that luxury of having bigger budgets than rest of teams and a chance to really build something you can be proud to be part of,

you can build something that you love at Celtic if you have the talent.
Big leagues will always require you to move from big club to next big club. but at Celtic if you have the passion and heart and ability you can be there for 20+ years easy if you cut it. And you will be adored by one of the biggest supports in the world.

Every Celtic manager over last 20 years must be at least millionaires.

Imagine chance to do what you love become a millionaire and share in the wins and love along the way.

Or become a multimillionaire and get sacked every other season?

I think Celtic must win today after seeing the split, many tough games ahead and we want the league won as soon as possible

Welcome Michael, don't necessarily agree its a must win with a 13 point gap, however a win would be lovely. Was always going to be tough in the split especially with away games due at ipox and the ewe camp, throw in Easter rd and imho thats the trifecta of the most difficult run in we could have, 13pt advantage though is massive.
H.H

Welcome Michael, don't necessarily agree its a must win with a 13 point gap, however a win would be lovely. Was always going to be tough in the split especially with away games due at ipox and the ewe camp, throw in Easter rd and imho thats the trifecta of the most difficult run in we could have, 13pt advantage though is massive.
H.H

Ewe camp. FFS where have I been, never heard that before, glad the coffee was on the table, that could have been messy. Belter 50SOG, hope you're keeping well big fella.

Back