Ajer Appreciation

I have high hopes he can be our next VVD. Got years of development yet. Time is on his side and he’s impressed so far, so can only get better for the young lad.

No chance is he in that league. Good young player but still to convince me he’s the real deal we need. To easily pulled out of position.

No chance is he in that league. Good young player but still to convince me he’s the real deal we need. To easily pulled out of position.

Virgil was class but he was older than Kristofer is now when he played for us. He also suffered from lapses in concentration that cost us in Europe. And he was never expected to play at right back.

As well as anecdotal evidence from most fans that Ajer looks very good, Alan has used statistics to show that he's a quality player. Hopefully he'll soon win you over too.

Not in that league at the minute but like I said he has lots of time on his side to develop. He’s a very talented 20year old and I think and hope he can be a top level defender in 4-5 years time.

"Ajer may lack the glamour of the English Premier League and £13 million price tag of Benkovic, but his performances are on a par defensively."

I would say that they are better than average (or "par"), despite the numbers, and Ajer's going to have a great season this year.

On first seeing him in the hoops under Ronny I can remember I was struck by his physique for one so young. At that time he was very raw and bags of energy. Tbh I thought he wouldn't break through , not into the Celtic midfield where there are especially gifted individuals, always been the case. Still could see that he had the engine, the brain and the brawn. It's so easy to forget looking at him now that his loan to killie was really his last throw of the dice at making it at Celtic, as had his converted loan spell at killie not worked out then there was no way but out out for him. The transformation under BR and now lenny from fringe rookie to assured and commanding international CDM/CB/RB has been truly astonishing. He's a bhoy mountain, younger than VVD was at Celtic. I read some views that he's not in the same bracket as Virgil but personally I think that he can go just as far , all the way to the top. When Virgil 'made ' it at Celtic it was Southampton who came calling. Having taken a very different route to becoming a Celtic first team player it's clubs like Dortmund who are looking at Ajer with a view to signing him soon. If that happens id say that's even more of a success story than VVDs one. I think hes destined for a Euro giant club within the next season and half. The difference will be there won't be another stepping stone upwards like Southampton then Liverpool, this young bhoy is going straight past go and right to the top probably Germany. I love the way he brings the ball out of central defence with confidence. He's even added scoring goals to his game now. CF as well? All this in what 18 month or so? Sky's the limit HH

He is a cracker for sure.

Celtic is a Euro Giant, they c**ts just don’t pay us very well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back