Another Glorious Chapter Written ......And Yet?

Frank Owen

Was it a dream? Did we really win all three trophies again in the season just ended?
Are we losing sight of how very special, how extremely rare it is to witness such achievements? Or, have we fallen into the trap of believing we're entitled to win trebles, simply because......

Don't know about you good folk, but I tend to reflect on things at the end of a season. Good or bad. I readily admit that this time around some of the pleasure has been somewhat diluted. I also think perhaps, because of the astonishing consistency our our success, we HAVE fallen into believing it's just another day at the office. Well, not so !

We as Celtic supporters are living in very special, even epochal times. Winning trebles with such unbelievable regularity has, perhaps, lessened our appreciation of the difficulty or magnitude of such achievements.

Another season of outrageous success filed away in the memory bank. Another summer of quiet reflection to enjoy.

As for whatever, or whoever, we have to look forward to? Well, what will be, will be.
Bring it on !

Bang on Frank the scenes we witnessed with the Green & White celebrations have been widely overshadowed by the untimely departure of Ange.
Another phenomenal season domestically has been somewhat brushed under the carpet and reinvented as something of concern re where we go next and how we as a support should be worried.
Personally I've now decided to pour over all the footage of alot of what I missed with the Celtic supporters celebrating a historic 8th treble.
We are going for 3 titles in a row next season ......I'm sure we'll be raring to go again.. in the meantime I'll enjoy the reflection of last season and the excitement of the unknown ahead.

Was it a dream? Did we really win all three trophies again in the season just ended?
Are we losing sight of how very special, how extremely rare it is to witness such achievements? Or, have we fallen into the trap of believing we're entitled to win trebles, simply because......

Don't know about you good folk, but I tend to reflect on things at the end of a season. Good or bad. I readily admit that this time around some of the pleasure has been somewhat diluted. I also think perhaps, because of the astonishing consistency our our success, we HAVE fallen into believing it's just another day at the office. Well, not so !

We as Celtic supporters are living in very special, even epochal times. Winning trebles with such unbelievable regularity has, perhaps, lessened our appreciation of the difficulty or magnitude of such achievements.

Another season of outrageous success filed away in the memory bank. Another summer of quiet reflection to enjoy.

As for whatever, or whoever, we have to look forward to? Well, what will be, will be.
Bring it on !
I'm not sure that we are feeling entitled to win but, with the best squad, it seems reasonable to expect to win as long as the selected matchday squad turns up and puts in the effort (which is different). The squad should know it should win but that any complacency could ensure that it doesn't.

Want a manager who is bigger than the players he signs or inherits. BR was such a manager as was Ange, you want to down tools heres the door and P45, who gives a fuck who you are, and us, we are fucking Celtic and this is not only our city, but our fucking Club. We will vote with our feet next season if they try and shaft us to to the benefit of breathing life into a liquidated ressurection Rangers, they are a tribute act and should be treated as one.

Want a manager who is bigger than the players he signs or inherits. BR was such a manager as was Ange, you want to down tools heres the door and P45, who gives a fuck who you are, and us, we are fucking Celtic and this is not only our city, but our fucking Club. We will vote with our feet next season if they try and shaft us to to the benefit of breathing life into a liquidated ressurection Rangers, they are a tribute act and should be treated as one.
Well said boabšŸ‘šŸ‘

I'm not sure that we are feeling entitled to win but, with the best squad, it seems reasonable to expect to win as long as the selected matchday squad turns up and puts in the effort (which is different). The squad should know it should win but that any complacency could ensure that it doesn't.
Fair comment, Neil. Perhaps entitled is the wrong word. Speaking for myself though, I'll never take our success as a given

Fair comment, Neil. Perhaps entitled is the wrong word. Speaking for myself though, I'll never take our success as a given
Success is hard to achieve. I've known men who have given it their all in business to make it to the top. Most fail even if you are dedicated. Some things are out their control. Employees just going through the motions to get their wage at the end of the week. Materials keep getting more costly by the week. Outside influences like costing for work and being undercut by šŸ¤ . Same with football. If players down tools , then how do you expect to be successful. Inferior players no at a high enough standard. Outside influences refs of course and VAR. You have to battle everything to be successful. When you do have success then you celebrate and can take great pride in what you have achieved. Celtic are successful at his time. But there will be times when we won't win trebles. Hard to achieve. As long as we finish above the tribute act we will win more than we lose.

Members online

Latest posts

Back