Any noisers in the crowd?

I was only six but remember my dad and uncles in the house watching it and they had rosary beads draped over the telly..
A couple of months later Jim Craig, who went the same primary school as me, St Constantines in govan, visited the school with Bobby Murdoch and the cup. I was off sick with the measles. What a sickener.

In the heat of Lisbon .....its funny all our stories are of love happiness glory and fantastic memories of a once in a lifetime achievement...now contrast that to the unfortunate deluded haters across the city I honestly cannot remember any conversation with any of they fuckers about a Diddy cup winners cup victory. Because it means fuck all apart from a violent celebration from the desperate 2nd rate neanderthals. 🇮🇪👍

In the heat of Lisbon .....its funny all our stories are of love happiness glory and fantastic memories of a once in a lifetime achievement...now contrast that to the unfortunate deluded haters across the city I honestly cannot remember any conversation with any of they fuckers about a Diddy cup winners cup victory. Because it means fuck all apart from a violent celebration from the desperate 2nd rate neanderthals. 🇮🇪👍
ah but they still hold the world record for being the only team to ever have the cup presentation threw at them in the crapper 🚽

Born and raised in Parkhead area - lived 10 minutes walk away in Quarryknowe Street . My brothers and our mates walked up to the ground early - but couldn't get into our usual place in The Jungle so had to slum it in the Celtic End !:cool:
Will never forget that evening - watching your team , having just won the most prestigious club tournament in the world , on the back of a coal lorry !
Not even an open-top bus !
The Celtic Board must be congratulated for NOT charging the supporters entry that night !🤪

I remember looking around and looking at the derelict condition of Celtic Park at that time ( the Jungle roof was full of holes ) and thinking that WE had just won the European Cup and we were playing in a slum !
Thank god for Wee Fergus who , years later , gave us a proper stadium to play in .

HH

First time see this picture and was wondering if any noisers were there when the legends brought the big cup back to Paradise?Any stories from the day of the final or what the buzz was like in Glasgow would be welcome ....The word legend gets thrown about far to easy these days but these guys ..well i say no more.https://twitter.com/74frankfurt/status/1431539161199169537?s=19
I was there was in the main stand with my mother remember the bus outside the ground I remember the band in front of the lorry they were from the gorbols were I was born I was seven then still remember getting shouted up to watch the game after we won all the kids got together with a cardboard cutout of a cup wrapped in tinfoil we visited every pub round about we made a fortune my brother had a bet with the Italian in the chippie on crown street for a bottle of ginger he got a bottle of limeade it was great at the time the pubs were jumping everybody was happy and singing will never forget that day

I was 5 years old. I still remember it clearly. My sister took me up to the ground. Jam packed hardly does it justice. The guys in the crowd let me and my sister near to the front and a stranger raised me up and put me on his shoulders so i got a great view. Another passed me what resembled a cone with green and white streamers coming out of it and i waved like fuck as the truck came round. Priceless. What a team. What a brilliant lot of supporters.

I was only wee and all the women and kids were flung out the night of the game. All the mammies came out and played ropes and stuff on the streets with us weans and we could hear all the screaming, shouting and hullaballoo when the 'tic won. My auld fella kept all the cuttings and photos from the next day's rags and they stayed with him for the rest of his life.

I was only wee and all the women and kids were flung out the night of the game. All the mammies came out and played ropes and stuff on the streets with us weans and we could hear all the screaming, shouting and hullaballoo when the 'tic won. My auld fella kept all the cuttings and photos from the next day's rags and they stayed with him for the rest of his life.
Shammy, you are still only wee.

Members online

Latest posts

Back