Are we missing a trick not having a LCB?

Big Bobo's bunnet

I may have missed someone but have we had a left footed cb in the team in years?
I had a quick scan back to the Virgil(decent left peg)/Denayer partnership both right footed but probably the best we have seen in recent times.
Is it a big deal/weakness?
With the issues we have had a LB over the last few years should it of been taken care of as an extra bit of security with guys lke Izzy, Hayes, boil, calmac and others having to fill in and not cutting it?
With KT in the side wingers may have been forced to cut inside bringing a rcb onto his better foot. With KT out and now gone the squad doesn't have the cover/flexibility to compensate.
Would a natural left footer help?
Lenny's playing and managing days with us we always had LCBs in the squad. He had fontaine at hibs as a first choice.
Jullien looks like he is in the mix selection wise with Jozo and Ajer. Not seen enough of him to know if he is better than them yet.
Did we miss a trick not bringing in a left footed option if we were going to spend a big chunk without expanding our tactical options?
A great cb is a great cb and plenty of teams play with two right footers.
A quick glance at the big clubs shows given the choice and funds available a lot of the big guns opt for a left footed CB for that side.
Was that why BR went after McKenna? Not convinced we should spend the dough asked for him and it's been done to death on here already.
The defence recruitment and management in general has been woeful, again been done to death on here and elsewhere.
Hatem looks decent at rb, listed as a cb but can definitely do a job. Our next defensive buy has to be in the same left sided mould. With boli under the microscope as well a proper LB is needed as well.
10m spent in defence already. I'd say we need 3 players still. RB,LB and a LCB.
Lenny doesn't favour loans so I'm not sure where that leaves us £ v quality to get guys in.

Last edited:
I may have missed someone but have we had a left footed cb in the team in years?
I had a quick scan back to the Virgil(decent left peg)/Denayer partnership both right footed but probably the best we have seen in recent times.
Is it a big deal/weakness?
With the issues we have had a LB over the last few years should it of been taken care of as an extra bit of security with guys lke Izzy, Hayes, boil, calmac and others having to fill in and not cutting it?
With KT in the side wingers may have been forced to cut inside bringing a rcb onto his better foot. With KT out and now gone the squad doesn't have the cover/flexibility to compensate.
Would a natural left footer help?
Lenny's playing and managing days with us we always had LCBs in the squad. He had fontaine at hibs as a first choice.
Jullien looks like he is in the mix selection wise with Jozo and Ajer. Not seen enough of him to know if he is better than them yet.
Did we miss a trick not bringing in a left footed option if we were going to spend a big chunk without expanding our tactical options?
A great cb is a great cb and plenty of teams play with two right footers.
A quick glance at the big clubs shows given the choice and funds available a lot of the big guns opt for a left footed CB for that side.
Was that why BR went after McKenna? Not convinced we should spend the dough asked for him and it's been done to death on here already.
The defence recruitment and management in general has been woeful, again been done to death on here and elsewhere.
Hatem looks decent at rb, listed as a cb but can definitely do a job. Our next defensive buy has to be in the same left sided mould. With boli under the microscope as well a proper LB is needed as well.
10m spent in defence already. I'd say we need 3 players still. RB,LB and a LCB.
Lenny doesn't favour loans so I'm not sure where that leaves us £ v quality to get guys in.

Many a fair point in this post Bobo. ??

Members online

Latest posts

Back