Au revoir, Christopher Jullien

lcafiero

It's unfortunate that he didn't work out for us here after his knee injury, but I hope Christopher Jullien does well for Montpellier HSC. He provided some great moments for the Hoops during his tenure here, and while some on social media are delighted in the fact the the club is losing money on the deal, his goal against the Huns to deliver the cup final 1-0 in 2019/20 was easily worth the money spent.

Bonne chance, Superman!

jullien.jpg

I wish him nothing but the best. He gave us some wonderful memories. Sadly his recovery took too long from that horror knee injury and Ange had found a centre back partnership that he wouldn't break up as he was making sure the league was secured.

Even his one moan to a French magazine was through frustration cos he wanted to play. Obviously he was told/realised in the summer he had little chance of being picked and rather than get stuck in during his small cameos in pre-season he looked disinterested.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy an injury free career. HH

Always felt pre season was going to give us the answer to where Jules future with the club was going to be.
A new CB was always potentially going to be on the cards with a choice of Jules or Welsh for a place within the squad for the season ahead and turned into a none contest with Welsh clearly the better option for ourselves.
Will give the club great credit in not pricing Jules out of a move away and the right decision has been made by both parties.
For ourselves to get 1M in a fee and saving 1M in wages is possibly the best we could have really hoped for.
As for Jules still having a desire to resurrect his career then good luck to him and hope it is successful for him also

Good luck big fella, can’t help thinking either he’s fecked physically or there’s a attitude problem, to take a reported £6.125 million loss is a sore one just to get him oot the door and aff the wage bill
We shouldn't be in a position where every player has to be looked upon as value within the transfer market BB imo.
Jules could be classed as a poor value for money but very unfair to lable him with that tag after such a bad injury imo.
So if you look at it as a 7M fee with wages at 1M works out about 2.75M per season upon his contract.
So well worth the money on his 1st season and had to take the hit with the unfortunate injury making 2 season of not worth counting due to the circumstances.
Now moving him on has saved us the best part of the final installment of 2.75M.
So overall I couldn't class Jules as being a waste of money as that winning goal against the scum was worth the 11M to us alone for the amount of Hun tears that were created imo.

A relief for both the player and the supporters that he has a new club.
At 29 his value was always decreasing in any case regardless of time left on his contract.
I think he might have taken himself a wee bit too seriously and was a bit up himself at times to be honest.
He contributed as has been said with a winning goal that was part of the magnificent quadruple success.
That will be my lasting memory of him and of course for anyone who wears the hoops good luck for the future.

Good luck ya big jessie and i hope you take your gloves with you , was a good player just a shame he didn't stay and fight for his place i think the football being played would have suited him better than it did with previous managers

He leaves a hunskelper (y)

Members online

Latest posts

Back