Bellshill bhoy.

Frank Owen

Don't know if you'll remember Bb, but you and I had a wee bit of laugh quite a while back about the Glen Daly Live at the Ashfield Club record? Well, I was in Kilmacolm today and had a wee look round one of the charity shops.....Aye you've sussed it: there it was in all it's nostalgic glory.

Yes, I did buy it before you ask: just as a wee bit of Glasgow social history of course.

Quite like Kilmacolm, I'm sure our Inverclyde Bhoys will agree with me, there's definitely a better class of working poor living there.

Was brought up in Springburn just up the road fae the Ashfield. My mother and father and countless other relations seen him play there a few times.we had that album in the house as well.never aff the auld radiogram happy days HH
Think the Ashfield was used as a dog track, and for speedway, too, tt. Is that right ?

Another thing, it seems to me those nights were pretty much a mix of the green/blue divide.

As you say, happy days.

Wonderful frank, I’d bet you were transported right back to the 60’s-70’s
Never be embarrassed by our past, most of us on here all had similar upbringing, lifestyle and stories to tell, enjoy the ever-green Glen Daily live at the Ashfield club…..unplug the headphones and let aw the neighbours enjoy it too 🤣🤣

Wonderful frank, I’d bet you were transported right back to the 60’s-70’s
Never be embarrassed by our past, most of us on here all had similar upbringing, lifestyle and stories to tell, enjoy the ever-green Glen Daily live at the Ashfield club…..unplug the headphones and let aw the neighbours enjoy it too 🤣🤣
Embarrassed? Naw, a wee dodd concerned maybe. The gaffer disnae believe I bought it purely to add to my Glasgow memorabilia: just 'cause I'm goin' aboot the hoose singing Auld Scots Mother Mine, she thinks I've at last found my musical valhalla . Says she's gonna get me a Sydney Devine box set as a wee stockin' filler. Thing is, she knows fine that I prefer Harry Lauder !

When ma wee maw passed away, I got her extensive collection, of Sidney Devine, Daniel O’Donnell and foster and Allen records, cds and dvds, all in a box up the loft,
Also found a Christmas card then clearing out her house, to ma dad that passed in the 80’s, a coloured drawing of stormount, with an IRA fighter, in full military uniform with balaclava and holding an amourlite in front, standing on a rock with a bloodstained Union Jack under his feet, only thing written in side was merry Christmas from Thomas, sadly with ma maw gone there was nobody to ask that that was all about 🤷‍♂️

Members online

Back