Best guitarist

A pretty subjective question with really no wrong answer. It would be like asking "Who's the best driver?" without determining what they're driving -- is it a Mini Cooper? A truck? A forklift? A Formula 1 car?

Have Eric Clapton and Andres Segovia switch guitars and see how good they are -- Clapton taking the acoustic classical guitar and Segovia the Stratocaster.

Pretty much all the guitarists mentioned here are great, and a good case can be made for all being the "best." I am going to throw Frank Zappa into the mix, although the guitarist that also deserves a vote (as mentioned in an earlier post) is Glasgow-born Mark Knopfler.

A pretty subjective question with really no wrong answer. It would be like asking "Who's the best driver?" without determining what they're driving -- is it a Mini Cooper? A truck? A forklift? A Formula 1 car?

Have Eric Clapton and Andres Segovia switch guitars and see how good they are -- Clapton taking the acoustic classical guitar and Segovia the Stratocaster.

Pretty much all the guitarists mentioned here are great, and a good case can be made for all being the "best." I am going to throw Frank Zappa into the mix, although the guitarist that also deserves a vote (as mentioned in an earlier post) is Glasgow-born Mark Knopfler.
Spirits Randy California Jake E Lee Dave Gilmour,Tony Lommi ach just too many greats to choose from

Yep. Certainly no the 4 key edge ???

Impossible to say whose the best, all down to taste, but I think we all agree that every guitarist mentioned are great, my favourite JH has already been mentioned but I'm going to throw a couple of guitarists from over the water in Andy Irvine and Rory Gallagher, 2 guys who have gave these lugs a lot of pleasure over the years?

Members online

Latest posts

Back