Brian Rice

Hoopy427

Brian did a brave thing by admitting to his gambling addiction, he did the honourable thing by reporting himself to the SFA over betting rules violations, his reward a 10 match ban.
Is this not a bit excessive??
I've heard folk on the phone ins saying Brian being open about this has given them the courage to get help for their addictions, I'm sure he'll also inspire players with the same problem to seek help. I think the SFA could have given him a token gesture 2 match ban not bloody 10! (5 suspended)
I'd see the point of serious bans if guys were trying to fix matches but theres no suggestion of that.
The guys been suffering with an illness so they boot him in the baws, doesn't seem right to me.

Brian did a brave thing by admitting to his gambling addiction, he did the honourable thing by reporting himself to the SFA over betting rules violations, his reward a 10 match ban.
I've heard folk on the phone ins saying Brian being open about this has given them the courage to get help for their addictions, I'm sure he'll also inspire players with the same problem to seek help. I think the SFA could have given him a token gesture 2 match ban not bloody 10! (5 suspended)
I'd see the point of serious bans if guys were trying to fix matches but theres no suggestion of that.
The guys been suffering with an illness so they boot him in the baws, doesn't seem right to me.
Seems excessive, considering he was open and honest and asking for help.

Seems they reward liars cheats and thieves who deflect deny and blame everybody else, but honesty is alien to their world. Can't be having that catch on, 10 match ban.

Had he been Sevco manager he probably hailed as paragon of virtue for doing same thing, with suspended ban pending rehabilitation.

Funny old world of Pharisees in charge of law bending

Seems excessive, considering he was open and honest and asking for help.

Seems they reward liars cheats and thieves who deflect deny and blame everybody else, but honesty is alien to their world. Can't be having that catch on, 10 match ban.

Had he been Sevco manager he probably hailed as paragon of virtue for doing same thing, with suspended ban pending rehabilitation.

Funny old world of Pharisees in charge of law bending
surprised they moved so quick they're slow to react to the important things

His ban dosen't stack up didn't black and some other sevco player get caught and got a ridiculous fine

surprised they moved so quick they're slow to react to the important things

His ban dosen't stack up didn't black and some other sevco player get caught and got a ridiculous fine
Black got a 10 match ban but 7 of them were suspended, so a nice wee 3 game holiday for him.
That fud Barton got a 1 match ban for the same crime, fucking joke mate.

Just the SFA's way of showing they're in charge, poor guy probably used the wrong handshake on the way in the door.

Just the SFA's way of showing they're in charge, poor guy probably used the wrong handshake on the way in the door.
Im sure the Partick Thistle manager had a serious gambling addiction, had a mate who frequented the bookies Ashton lane. Now he may just be horses gambling? But its same illness.

Its bit like Guiness putting ban on its employees to drink Guiness but any other booze is fine.

Unless the dude caught betting as scam or on Scottish matches then it seems a very odd harsh ban?

Members online

Latest posts

Back