Captain with Calmac out

Lmcbhoy

It looks as though the skipper will be out for a while unfortunately.
Joe Hart in theory should take the arm band but imo think we should consider someone else. Personally never felt a goalie was the right call for Captain and to be honest Joe’s had a couple of wobbles recently and might even be feeling the pressure.
My suggestion while Calmac is out would be to give it to Greg Taylor. Guy has improved immensely, good communicator and clearly loves where he is.
A round of Fxxxx in the huddle in a Scottish accent may not be fully understood in language but sure as hell will have its meaning clear.
HH

Never been in favour of a keeper being captain as they generally don’t have the same tactical awareness as an outfield player, can’t made game decisions, can’t drive the team on, can’t easily communicate with everyone in the team, the only problem is there is no other standout candidate 🤷‍♂️

I always prefer a centre back or holding midfielder as captain, as they can view the play ahead of them and get in about players to drive them on. Ideally you'd have a number of strong characters throughout the team who do this even without an armband.

Once Carter-Vickers returns then I'd prefer him to lead us, but recently it seems to be passed over to Hart whenever CalMac leaves the pitch.

If he gets any gametime then Forrest may even get the honour of wearing it.

Back