Celebrating our achiements!

Winter

I'm not sure when would be the best time , end of season perhaps? I'm 100% positive though that as fans are now back in the stadiums that the club have to allow the supporters to celebrate with all the players and staff who were in any way or form associated with the 9 in a row and the unbelievable world record of 4 trebles in a row , not forgetting the unprecedented unbeaten run where we broke our own record. Coronavirus has taken so much from so many, words could never do justice to what's happened in a short time. As a club I dont feel that our achievements have been properly acknowledged, I remember when the treble treble bus from hampden to CP was called off and re-directed from saltmarket due to ridiculous health and safety issues ( people wouldnt strand on the pavement as they looked for the bus coming) I'll never forget that day as its the only Celtic open top parade I've ever seen , I got to see the players, lenny the silverware pass the brazen head before it was called off. The board promised that day that there would be the appropriate celebrations in a more certain future. We added a treble to that and Celtic historically dont do these champion parades unless its the European cup won or the only other one I know of to celebrate the double treble at celtic way. I'm 48years young and as far as I know ( please feel free to correct me ) these are the only 3 theres ever been , I missed the Celtic Way parade in honour of the double treble , got lucky to see the treble treble celebrations as it went through the gorbals every lamp post had a tri colour it was the most beautiful thing and no trouble as per the norm with our supporters. Like I said midseason isnt the best time for dwelling on past achievements but the end of season or someone somewhere must be able to sort this so we get to celebrate properly in style exactly what we witnessed over the past decade. The players involved from all times in the 9iar and 4treble period deserve the recognition and we the supporters deserve the chance to truly show our admiration respect and adulation. I realise Covid has impacted our lives some sadly irrevocably, perhaps especially for that reason it shouldnt be allowed to dictate our lives ( I digress into rambling ) I do think that the club and our supporters should celebrate the achievements that in all likelihood will never be beaten HH YNWA 🙏💚🍀

Back