Celtic Bus Celebration

Disappointed that Celtic Park is a 'no go ' area ( Rugby Final ) .

If this has been arranged for a long time in advance then I can readily understand the need to bring in more revenue .
But if this has been only recently arranged then it smacks of poor planning on Celtic's part - with the prospect of a Treble-Treble being entirely possible since the League Cup Final , then surely they would have wished to have a celebration event at or around the stadium ?
Imagine the scenes in and around CP on Saturday if the unique Treble-Treble is achieved !

If this has been arranged for a long time in advance then I can readily understand the need to bring in more revenue .
But if this has been only recently arranged then it smacks of poor planning on Celtic's part - with the prospect of a Treble-Treble being entirely possible since the League Cup Final , then surely they would have wished to have a celebration event at or around the stadium ?
Imagine the scenes in and around CP on Saturday if the unique Treble-Treble is achieved !
Rugby final was arranged last year
Do you think the club would have said no to a new revenue source because we MIGHT be in a cup final that day?

Rugby final was arranged last year
Do you think the club would have said no to a new revenue source because we MIGHT be in a cup final that day?
TBF to Celtic the stadium is a venue that has the capacity to stage events from sport to rock to confrences ets, therefore they have to maximise the potential and if this means tendering an application and it been accepted then its not for Celtic to attempt to have rules changed to suit. The rugby and the football on the same day will also be a boost to the community at large from all walks of life in terms of employment, tourism and of financial benefits to the city as a whole. I have members of my family having extra shifts due to the demands and they are exicted to earn extra money whilst students.

TBF to Celtic the stadium is a venue that has the capacity to stage events from sport to rock to confrences ets, therefore they have to maximise the potential and if this means tendering an application and it been accepted then its not for Celtic to attempt to have rules changed to suit. The rugby and the football on the same day will also be a boost to the community at large from all walks of life in terms of employment, tourism and of financial benefits to the city as a whole.

Agree it's a good thing, Boab. It lets the world know what a good venue Paradise is and as you say, it gives much needed employment to the area.

Supporters can still greet the bus in Glasgow because when we win, the city will be green and white.

Last edited:
Just a case of bad timing, no one to blame here but bad luck, I think it's great though that we can parade the trophies through one of the East Ends famous streets and one that has so many Celtic connections, any chance Bairds could get a license for 24 hours for a party? I remember squeezing in to a rammed Bairds the day Wim and the Bhoys stopped the filth cheating their way to 10 iar, I kid you not went home covered in champers, what a party???

Just a case of bad timing, no one to blame here but bad luck, I think it's great though that we can parade the trophies through one of the East Ends famous streets and one that has so many Celtic connections, any chance Bairds could get a license for 24 hours for a party? I remember squeezing in to a rammed Bairds the day Wim and the Bhoys stopped the filth cheating their way to 10 iar, I kid you not went home covered in champers, what a party???
Bairds is no longer a pub, and with it went the memories of a night with Jimmy Johnstone and its own lion behind the bar Wullie O'Niel and the route picked bty Tommy Burns and his only Scottish Cup win as a manager. Happy days indeed.

Bairds is no longer a pub, and with it went the memories of a night with Jimmy Johnstone and its own lion behind the bar Wullie O'Niel and the route picked bty Tommy Burns and his only Scottish Cup win as a manager. Happy days indeed.
Yeah I know it's been shut for years and lay empty for a long time, what is it now Boab?

I used to wonder why hampden had all the concerts and events rather than CP when it's clearly an inferior venue. I worked at hampden with the old rock steady and was told the reason was hampden undercuts the other stadiums to get those events. That the SFA chose to stay at hampden probably cost them this rugby event.

Members online

Latest posts

Back