Celtic Summer Re-build - Why shouldn't it be me , says Lennon ?

Millsy

BBC Sportsound interviewed Neil Lennon after the game and when he was questioned about a rebuild of the team he was adamant that he was the man for the job . He insisted that nothing had been said to the contrary by the Board .

Hands up all those who agree that Lenny is the man to take us forward !

Thought so !

We have reached a point now were Neil Lennon has to be saved from himself . No one on the Board appears to be taking any position on his future . Indeed they have not taken a position on anything !
They are continuing to allow Neil Lennon to make more and more bizarre statements without contradicting him OR supporting him .
He is in some kind of alternate reality where all the problems of Celtic are caused by various factors - but where NO BLAME rests on him .

We are now hearing that he was furious at the ''tippy-tappy '' style of football last night in Dingwall . Perhaps he could have a word with the coach who allowed this to continue for 90+ minutes !

We appear to have a coach who thinks tactics are those wee mints which come in a handy pocket-sized container .

We have been tactically outplayed so often this season by ''inferior '' teams both in domestic games and in Euro competition .
We have reached a point where NO team in Scotland never mind abroad fears to play us , either at home or away .
We have been beaten twice ( home and away ) by the team at the bottom of the league .
We have surrendered a position of utter dominance in games against Sevco to the point where many supporters fear the next one .
And yet ... Neil Lennon believes that he is the man to be trusted with the rebuilding . We have a Board who do not contradict him .We have a support in despair .

I don't believe that change for the sake of change is a good thing but we are at a place where , for the good of Neil Lennon himself , he needs to go . Nothing he does from now to the season's end ( Yes , I know - for us it finished a long time ago ! ) will undo the damage that has been done to his reputation in the eyes of many supporters - but he shouldn't be allowed to make it even worse by remaining in denial and in post .

Someone on the Board ( DD !!! ) has to make a decision on Neil . We are long past the time for kicking the can down the road and calling it a January Review . Act now for the sake of the Club , the supporters and ,most of all , for Neil Lennon .

HH

Are the board the only people that don’t realise how big a mess the club is in?
Are the board (with the exception of DD) watching that game last night and agreeing with their embarrassment of a manager?
If they are, their getting paid under false pretences. Time for change. Change NOW. Not in 4 or 5 months but NOW.
Lennon, Kennedy and Strachan out NOW.

Lennon is not only embarrassing himself now, he’s embarrassing the club with the drivel he spouts. At what point does some fkr in the club decide enough is enough?
He literally said there were defensive problems which he has tried to fix time after time with no success. He’s fkn admitted he doesn't know how to put it right and yet he thinks he’s the man for the job?? How many people admitting to their boss they cant do their job would expect to survive? And while Paradise burns our fkn board do what??

BBC Sportsound interviewed Neil Lennon after the game and when he was questioned about a rebuild of the team he was adamant that he was the man for the job . He insisted that nothing had been said to the contrary by the Board .

Hands up all those who agree that Lenny is the man to take us forward !

Thought so !

We have reached a point now were Neil Lennon has to be saved from himself . No one on the Board appears to be taking any position on his future . Indeed they have not taken a position on anything !
They are continuing to allow Neil Lennon to make more and more bizarre statements without contradicting him OR supporting him .
He is in some kind of alternate reality where all the problems of Celtic are caused by various factors - but where NO BLAME rests on him .

We are now hearing that he was furious at the ''tippy-tappy '' style of football last night in Dingwall . Perhaps he could have a word with the coach who allowed this to continue for 90+ minutes !

We appear to have a coach who thinks tactics are those wee mints which come in a handy pocket-sized container .

We have been tactically outplayed so often this season by ''inferior '' teams both in domestic games and in Euro competition .
We have reached a point where NO team in Scotland never mind abroad fears to play us , either at home or away .
We have been beaten twice ( home and away ) by the team at the bottom of the league .
We have surrendered a position of utter dominance in games against Sevco to the point where many supporters fear the next one .
And yet ... Neil Lennon believes that he is the man to be trusted with the rebuilding . We have a Board who do not contradict him .We have a support in despair .

I don't believe that change for the sake of change is a good thing but we are at a place where , for the good of Neil Lennon himself , he needs to go . Nothing he does from now to the season's end ( Yes , I know - for us it finished a long time ago ! ) will undo the damage that has been done to his reputation in the eyes of many supporters - but he shouldn't be allowed to make it even worse by remaining in denial and in post .

Someone on the Board ( DD !!! ) has to make a decision on Neil . We are long past the time for kicking the can down the road and calling it a January Review . Act now for the sake of the Club , the supporters and ,most of all , for Neil Lennon .

HH
he's not the man to take us on .. NO DOUBT

he's put in front of cameras and asked questions that he can only answer in one way

'are you the man to take the club forward neil'
'no i expect to be sacked/leave at the end of the season if not before, we've already discussed it'
where does that leave dressing room ?
do we really want a 30 point gap and 2 fucking maulings aff the huns
didn't think so be careful what we wish for, you can change a manager now but not a team

almost worse than the game last night was the reaction on here, fucking disgusting at times about a celtic man. i've just read through it all. i just can't understand this hatred some have for him,
no we don't ? Yes you do
Far from everyone to be clear and lots of the criticism is balanced and fair.
but your hun lurkers will be having a fucking ball at the moment with the lennon speak
theres only one thing they despise as much as celtic and that is the manager

Post match every word is taken apart.
Some on here are frothing at the mouth, keyboard at the ready for his post match interview.
Hardly got a sentence out and they're battering away
you can all say what you want on here, you have that freedom, he doesn't

says we were excellent, slaughtered,
says we were shite, you canni say that
players want out, throwing them under a bus

canni set up a defence but professional players canni jump to header a baw, including the 5 MOTM in a row winner - Ajer

Eddie/Christie miss sitters galore
Numerous players are absolute pish all season - it's his fault

If i was him, i'd say fuck it, you can get the same silence you complain about

I ain't defending Neil Lennon the manager for his managerial performance, i'm defending our current manager as a human against a fucking slaughtering from his own, supporters that have just lost their FIRST trophy in 5 years, their FIRST title in 10 and have now lost the fucking plot

I'll be at Paradise next season supporting my team, thats what i do, i'll hope we win every trophy and every game, i hope the huns lose every game and a wee liquidation would be the flake on that cone

Thats what a supporter does, supports his team win, lose or draw, at least thats what they used to do.

I'll be delighted when he goes and thank him for his part in history, then move on

Is it not about time you sucked the blood out of one of your pals.
You have sucked enough out of society,,and dont ask me to explain SOCIETY get one of the zombie crew to look it up for you..

HH.
He will leave soon deliverance is on reminds his of the toilets at his home matches.

he's put in front of cameras and asked questions that he can only answer in one way

'no i expect to be sacked/leave at the end of the season if not before, we've already discussed it'
didn't think so be careful what we wish for, you can change a manager now but not a team

almost worse than the game last night was the reaction on here, fucking disgusting at times about a celtic man. i've just read through it all. i just can't understand this hatred some have for him,
no we don't ? Yes you do
but your hun lurkers will be having a fucking ball at the moment with the lennon speak

Some on here are frothing at the mouth, keyboard at the ready for his post match interview.

canni set up a defence but professional players canni jump to header a baw, including the 5 MOTM in a row winner - Ajer

I ain't defending Neil Lennon the manager for his managerial performance, i'm defending our current manager as a human against a fucking slaughtering from his own, supporters that have just lost their FIRST trophy in 5 years, their FIRST title in 10 and have now lost the fucking plot

I'll be at Paradise next season supporting my team, thats what i do, i'll hope we win every trophy and every game, i hope the huns lose every game and a wee liquidation would be the flake on that cone

Thats what a supporter does, supports his team win, lose or draw, at least thats what they used to do.

I'll be delighted when he goes and thank him for his part in history, then move on
He provided us with history alright.

no we don't ? Yes you do

I take your point about some of the presser questions STG. They are deliberately provocative (e.g. when do you expect the sack Neil?).
But as for performance related statements - We were brilliant - when every fkn man and his dug could see we were not is just plain stupid. He could just say ‘we weren’t as good as we could be and I don't think we deserved to lose’. But no...he comes out with the superlatives.
I dont think pointing out that team tactics/shape is non existent, subs are often mystifying, demotivated players, basic errors everywhere and a defence that he has more less said he doesn’t know how to fix is worthy of a sacking corresponds to a slaughtering. Those are FACTS.
I most certainly don't despise him but I do want him gone as I have absolutely ZERO confidence is his ability to fix things. I will still support the team this season and every season but changes are clearly needed whether NFL thinks so or not. When he goes I will politely wish him well in his future endeavors but will not thank him for this season’s fkn shambles in which he played a major part.

Last edited:
I take your point about some of the presser questions STG. They are deliberately provocative (e.g. when do you expect the sack Neil?).
But as for performance related statements - We were brilliant - when every fkn man and his dug could see we were not is just plain stupid. He could just say ‘we weren’t as good as we could be and I don't think we deserved to lose’. But no...he comes out with the superlatives.
I dont think pointing out that team tactics/shape is non existent, subs are often mystifying, demotivated players, basic errors everywhere and a defence that he has more less said he doesn’t know how to fix is worthy of a sacking corresponds to a slaughtering. Those are FACTS.
I most certainly don't despise him but I do want him gone as I have absolutely ZERO confidence is his ability to fix things. I will still support the team this season and every season but changes are clearly needed whether NFL thinks so or not. When he goes I will politely wish him well in his future endeavors but will not thank him for this season’s fkn shambles in which he played a major part.
i agree on many fronts of what you say BB,

With media he's answering the questions asked.
He's actually to his detriment a guy that speak's out on behalf of the club and for the club.
Sometimes he's far too honest.

We've all known as long as we've had lungs in our breath, what managers say after games, they practically always talk shite about the performance, that will play out as long as i am alive.
What you say in public is not what you say in the dressing room. But he must be the first manager i've known held to that standard. Then when he does say something negative about the team/performance the snowflakes are out.

There are supporters here/everywhere slaughtering Krankie/government for the treatment we have had in relation to Covid/Dubai. But a month before that, for saying the same thing, NL was called an embarassment, disgrace, unfit for the job, lost the plot etc. and those are the nicer things said. There's a whole thread on here about that, our own couldn't wait to slaughter him and the things is, while we're all battering away on Forums, this is the ONLY person I see ANYWHERE in the spotlight fighting our corner

Now that doesnt mean to say he get's a free pass, not by any stretch, we are Celtic and you must win, had terrible season and he'll pay with his job. Here we have a guy like many of us, has wife, kids and is having a shit time at work. He's in the spotlight, and it's everywhere, getting it from every angle but thats the job.

This same guy has been at Celtic for nearly 20 years
Player - 5 titles, 4 Scottish Cup's, 2 League Cup's
Manager - 5 titles, 4 Scottish Cup's, 1 League Cup's

We all know the shit he's had to endure aff that mob to PLAY/MANAGE us.
He is about to lose his FIRST title as a manager so surely to fuck if there's ANYONE that does deserve a bit of slack on the abuse it's him.
He is spoken about as if he is the enemy, our supporters are having a fucking hate-in over him
it's a fucking disgrace.

Now I don't give a flying fuck what anyone else thinks of me for saying this, i'm square with myself.
I'm as unhappy with this season as anyone. I'm as desperate as anyone for him to go.
But not a fucking chance i'll get involved in this villification of a Celtic Legend because my team has had a bad season.

Thank god i'm sober the night,

Last edited:
i agree on many fronts of what you say BB,

With media he's answering the questions asked.
He's actually to his detriment a guy that speak's out on behalf of the club and for the club.
Sometimes he's far too honest.

We've all known as long as we've had lungs in our breath, what managers say after games, they practically always talk shite about the performance, that will play out as long as i am alive.
What you say in public is not what you say in the dressing room. But he must be the first manager i've known held to that standard. Then when he does say something negative about the team/performance the snowflakes are out.

There are supporters here/everywhere slaughtering Krankie/government for the treatment we have had in relation to Covid/Dubai. But a month before that, for saying the same thing, NL was called an embarassment, disgrace, unfit for the job, lost the plot etc. and those are the nicer things said. There's a whole thread on here about that, our own couldn't wait to slaughter him and the things is, while we're all battering away on Forums, this is the ONLY person I see ANYWHERE in the spotlight fighting our corner

Now that doesnt mean to say he get's a free pass, not by any stretch, we are Celtic and you must win, had terrible season and he'll pay with his job. Here we have a guy like many of us, has wife, kids and is having a shit time at work. He's in the spotlight, and it's everywhere, getting it from every angle but thats the job.

This same guy has been at Celtic for nearly 20 years
Player - 5 titles, 4 Scottish Cup's, 2 League Cup's
Manager - 5 titles, 4 Scottish Cup's, 1 League Cup's

We all know the shit he's had to endure aff that mob to PLAY/MANAGE us.
He is about to lose his FIRST title as a manager so surely to fuck if there's ANYONE that does deserve a bit of slack on the abuse it's him.
He is spoken about as if he is the enemy, our supporters are having a fucking hate-in over him
it's a fucking disgrace.

Now I don't give a flying fuck what anyone else thinks of me for saying this, i'm square with myself.
I'm as unhappy with this season as anyone. I'm as desperate as anyone for him to go.
But not a fucking chance i'll get involved in this villification of a Celtic Legend because my team has had a bad season.

Thank god i'm sober the night,
The disgrace is the fact he's a poor manager in denial. If he truly cared about our clubs wellbeing he would have walked away some time ago and possibly given us a better chance. He hasn't even after yet another woeful setup and performance. I don't hate the guy. I hate the manager.

Members online

Latest posts

Back