City v Madrid

Just watched a brilliant game between two great football teams!!!but!!glen hoddle and his side kick.ruin it for me,
If they said once they said it a hundred times(what a game)..Mahrez crossed a ball de bruyne scored,,,,glen hoddle said “watch this mahrez crosses and de bruyne scores??jeezo there hard work...
Here's a nice wee bit of commentary Esp

Jeez, never thought these words would ever drop out of my mouth, but well done the BBC breakfast news team.

Just hope that none of them ask for redeployment to BBC Scotland, because they'll have had it after that.
I hear what your saying SP.....BBC recognising real facts and real achievements without having to tell lies...it will never catch on 😊👍

Will never be matched never mind beaten men=lions=legends forever💚
It's all relative as well, Cairnsy

If we consider Villareal as the outlier among the four semi-finalists, then the astronomical amounts of money that have been pumped into Real Madrid, Man City and Liverpool would suggest that the least they should expect is quarter or semi-finals.

It was a different era, but the Italian and Spanish giants were all importing foreign talent in the 60's, in fact - the biggest importer of external talent was England where there were countless numbers of Scottish, Welsh and Irish players plying their trade.

At least 2 (and I would strongly suggest 3) of that Lions team were in the top 10 players in the world at that time. Big Tam revolutionised the role of full-back and was doing 55-years ago what Robertson and Alexander-Arnold are being lauded for now - plus he had a significant goal threat too. Jinky was just unplayable and could have graced any arena in the world and I would also argue that Bobby Murdoch had second-sight and the most sublime range of passing in world football in that era.

The Lions were no fluke, in fact - my only criticism is that they should have won the trophy multiple times with those players. That's being extremely harsh, but it's probably true. They were better than the Man Utd '68 side and they took their eye of the prize after beating Leeds in '70.

It's about time they were recognised throughout Britain for what they actually achieved in 1967. Football didn't just arrive in the English Premiership era, but it seems that Sky Sports and the other satellite broadcasters don't recognise the sport until they dipped their mucky paws into it.

It's all relative as well, Cairnsy

If we consider Villareal as the outlier among the four semi-finalists, then the astronomical amounts of money that have been pumped into Real Madrid, Man City and Liverpool would suggest that the least they should expect is quarter or semi-finals.

It was a different era, but the Italian and Spanish giants were all importing foreign talent in the 60's, in fact - the biggest importer of external talent was England where there were countless numbers of Scottish, Welsh and Irish players plying their trade.

At least 2 (and I would strongly suggest 3) of that Lions team were in the top 10 players in the world at that time. Big Tam revolutionised the role of full-back and was doing 55-years ago what Robertson and Alexander-Arnold are being lauded for now - plus he had a significant goal threat too. Jinky was just unplayable and could have graced any arena in the world and I would also argue that Bobby Murdoch had second-sight and the most sublime range of passing in world football in that era.

The Lions were no fluke, in fact - my only criticism is that they should have won the trophy multiple times with those players. That's being extremely harsh, but it's probably true. They were better than the Man Utd '68 side and they took their eye of the prize after beating Leeds in '70.

It's about time they were recognised throughout Britain for what they actually achieved in 1967. Football didn't just arrive in the English Premiership era, but it seems that Sky Sports and the other satellite broadcasters don't recognise the sport until they dipped their mucky paws into it.
If the Lions 11 had been picked for Scotland.....We would have won the World Cup.... ;)

I'm guessing that everyone was relieved that liverpool beat Villarreal 2-0 the other night?
I was its not over but Villarreal winning the cl means we dont automatically get automatic group stages entry as they currently sit 7th in Spain

I'm guessing that everyone was relieved that liverpool beat Villarreal 2-0 the other night?
I was its not over but Villarreal winning the cl means we dont automatically get automatic group stages entry as they currently sit 7th in Spain
As much as I would love to see one of the non fancied conglomerates win the CL, I just dont want it to be this season. Sorry to my yellow submariner friends.

There names written on the trophy 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• B7CD1310-C369-4FDA-B06D-0480F9E9B1C9.png
    B7CD1310-C369-4FDA-B06D-0480F9E9B1C9.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 1D58132F-5E23-493C-B521-6B57BE743CE2.png
    1D58132F-5E23-493C-B521-6B57BE743CE2.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 8
Back