Copa America

Great article, remember the magnificent Eusabio saying pretty much the same as Pele but interesting to know that all the South American's were pretty positive about been ripped off. A shell of a tournament![/QUOTE]
Apparently I heard that before a ball was kicked at the drawing of the balls the guys turned up to do the draw only to find rows had allocated all the teams with referees and fixtures

Now that may be exaggeration coz I cant find link to that

but after it the South American and generally all the coloured nations wanted rows out because he appeared to have favourite teams that didn't have many coloured players

think it took till 1974 World Cup to finally get him out of FiFA

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/...-africa-to-change-the-face-of-world-football/

I'm PVR'ing the Copa and watching the Women's World Cup, some great football being played by the girls
Argentina were garbage the other day against Colombia and Messi and Aguero were invisible
When you think of the teams they had in the 80's & 90's it's incredible, how average they seem now

I'm PVR'ing the Copa and watching the Women's World Cup, some great football being played by the girls
Argentina were garbage the other day against Colombia and Messi and Aguero were invisible
When you think of the teams they had in the 80's & 90's it's incredible, how average they seem now
Some of the Argentinian squad look as if they're more concerned with their big salaries with their clubs, rather than the pride in playing for their country.

Back in the 70's, 80's and even the 90's, playing for Argentina gave these boys a profile in Europe that got them their big individual moves.

Nowadays, boys like Messi, Aguero, Di Maria etc, have been in Europe since they were young teenagers and have access to wealth before they've even kicked a ball at international level.

I think Messi used to get a hard time from the Argentinian press and fans because he was regarded more Catalonian than Argentinian.

I think that that might be a similar issue with the Brazilian squad too.
Yeah, I can't get my brother-in-law, who was born in Colombia, to shut up about it. BTW, have you seen the Colombian team's uniform? Wear sunglasses.

On the other hand, you see the Colombian squad and that national pride and the opportunity to raise their own individual profiles is so much clearer.

On the downside, it means that the zombies will assume that the gruffalo must be worth 60 million, purely by association and that blue and orange kit is a huns wet-dream come true.

Adidas designers must have been on the mushies when they came up with that rig-oot.

Members online

Latest posts

Back