Scottish Cup Final: Celtic v theRangers, Saturday 25 May 2024 @ 3pm, Hampden

Aye, well I'm in the posh seats again, it's my wee yins 25th birthday, so we'll make sure the complimentary bar gets a good tanking.

Just hope it's not like the semi-final, get the job done in 90min & enjoy the celebrations

🎶WHEN THE CELTS GO UP TAE LIFT THE SCOTTISH CUP, WE'LL BE THERE🎶

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪☘️HAIL HAIL☘️COYBIG☘️YNWA☘️🇮🇪🏴

That reminds me... It was great to see George Connelly on the park again at the weekend... One of my faves in the late 60's early 70's...

Cracking player..

He was a brilliant player, he just glided past opposition players & he had a good range of passes, would luv tae know how many of King Kennys goals he had the assists for. 26 was nae age tae chuck it, but he had his reasons.

He was a brilliant player, he just glided past opposition players & he had a good range of passes, would luv tae know how many of King Kennys goals he had the assists for. 26 was nae age tae chuck it, but he had his reasons.
Unfortunately their was now one near him who knew what was actually going on inside him. Davie Cattenach was a good mate of his at the time , and I'm sure Davie knew the what George was going through but it's hard to know what his mental health was at that time. ☘️

Aye, well I'm in the posh seats again, it's my wee yins 25th birthday, so we'll make sure the complimentary bar gets a good tanking.

Just hope it's not like the semi-final, get the job done in 90min & enjoy the celebrations

🎶WHEN THE CELTS GO UP TAE LIFT THE SCOTTISH CUP, WE'LL BE THERE🎶

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇮🇪☘️HAIL HAIL☘️COYBIG☘️YNWA☘️🇮🇪🏴
Enjoy the big day TT. Although let's be honest any win will do - even a penalty shoot out (with Joe Hart saving a Tavpen - sweet justice).

The huns are putting up a statue in memory of their old club manager
legned.jpg
and are hoping it will stir up emotions and fire them up for the final as they are aware it is the anniversary date of the greatest night in British and Scottish football. It is the date that these shores welcomed the European Cup to be housed here for the very first time ever in its years of existence.
1080x360.jpg
Celtic_FC_flag.gif

jock-stein-of-celtic-7th-october-1953-EMNRCJ.jpg

Last edited:
One thing for certain going by the St Mirren game is that young Welsh unfortunately has been out too long and is still injury prone, we cannot risk him in defence.
Nawrocki on the other hand was fairly decent and for me he has to be the main CB reserve. Rodgers played a blinder by resting CCV who's head must've been hurting next morning after that pint of Harp.
Was very encouraging to see Palma return to form and score, though id expect Forrest to start it's good to know we have a fit and up for it Palma in reserve.
The way we are playing right now would suggest that we are about to hand them their arses in a manner that's been coming all season.
That said this is a cup final and all before goes out the window regardless of the opposition. Still , how sweet would it be to hit them for 4 without reply?
I say 4 because I don't want to be greedy but I'll settle for 5 or 6 either way , going on 10 as Fis mentioned.

We know they've already employed the establishment as mib and var and they could be a problem, but if we play like we did against Kilmarnock then we should waltz this final.
Going by Rodgers record at Hampden, Calmacs record in finals I've every confidence we will do just that.
I take nothing for granted though and trophies must be earned , let's start as we mean to continue , fast and precise and get an early lead 4-0 Celtic and those counted chickens coming home to roost at Mordor ( aye we can see yous doon there ...just about, you appear to have been distanced somewhat but we can still smell yeez) HH COYBIG 🍀

One thing for certain going by the St Mirren game is that young Welsh unfortunately has been out too long and is still injury prone, we cannot risk him in defence.
Nawrocki on the other hand was fairly decent and for me he has to be the main CB reserve. Rodgers played a blinder by resting CCV who's head must've been hurting next morning after that pint of Harp.
Was very encouraging to see Palma return to form and score, though id expect Forrest to start it's good to know we have a fit and up for it Palma in reserve.
The way we are playing right now would suggest that we are about to hand them their arses in a manner that's been coming all season.
That said this is a cup final and all before goes out the window regardless of the opposition. Still , how sweet would it be to hit them for 4 without reply?
I say 4 because I don't want to be greedy but I'll settle for 5 or 6 either way , going on 10 as Fis mentioned.

We know they've already employed the establishment as mib and var and they could be a problem, but if we play like we did against Kilmarnock then we should waltz this final.
Going by Rodgers record at Hampden, Calmacs record in finals I've every confidence we will do just that.
I take nothing for granted though and trophies must be earned , let's start as we mean to continue , fast and precise and get an early lead 4-0 Celtic and those counted chickens coming home to roost at Mordor ( aye we can see yous doon there ...just about, you appear to have been distanced somewhat but we can still smell yeez) HH COYBIG 🍀
Confident but will take a 1-0. As you say Winter and we all know we have the momentum but a var check mib sending off the whole game changes. We may be the form side but I'll certainly not take that as a given. Remember only too well 1971 league cup final Celtic1-4 Patrick Thistle. Won't be relaxed till game ends with us lifting the cup.☘️☘️

Confident but will take a 1-0. As you say Winter and we all know we have the momentum but a var check mib sending off the whole game changes. We may be the form side but I'll certainly not take that as a given. Remember only too well 1971 league cup final Celtic1-4 Patrick Thistle. Won't be relaxed till game ends with us lifting the cup.☘️☘️
Aye, whilst that game is 2 year before my time ( being a young pup 🐶 n that) I think that most of us are too long in the tooth / experienced in the dark arts used against us to be without concern, few will take anything for granted.
One positive is our penalties v Aberdeen, they were top notch and should it go that far ( hopefully not) then at least we can have confidence in our bhoys at putting away penalties.
I'd bet big Joe Hart is practicing both saving and taking penalties.
I'd not be surprised if they play for extra time and penalties but this is a different Celtic in every sense from the one that disposed of Aberdeen.
We have to be mindful of the ballerinas Silva and cantwell who will try everything they can to make the mib go to the monitor. Hopefully by then we'll be out of sight .

Members online

Latest posts

Back