David Campbell's blog

Michael D

Read your piece today. Don't know how many contributors were privy to it so I'll keep this brief.
Basically a scathing attack on those fans who had something critical to say about the board, in particular Peter Lawwell. "How dare they" seemed to be the gist of it.
Let's pick out some of your none too flattering comments about them -
"talking nonsense"
"what do these detractors want?...."
"childish nonsense"
"childish arrogance "
"ignorant too"
"Top of the club are not stupid. They have more than to allow pure fan emotion to cloud their judgement" aka - "shut it guys"
"Most successful CEO (Peter Lawell) we have ever had" But then you go on to say "apart from Fergus McCann"
Make up your mind.
You continue -
"Grow up guys"
"Not a drama, far less a crisis"

Phew! That was us telt then.
I wonder how well your words would have gone down if the huns had actually continued their momentum and subsequently were a point to the good when equal games had been played?
Truth be told, we've had no part to play in their current downfall.
But most importantly, this is no ordinary league championship. It's 9 in a row, leading to 10. So mega, mega important we've absolutely got the upper hand!
Hail, hail

I no longer have a 'fixed point' on my opinions regarding certain areas of the club.

There are things that have been done well. There are things that have been done horrifically.

My major concern relates to the board's disdain and blatant disregard of the significant majority of the fans thoughts on all matters pertaining to Celtic. Particularly Resolution 12 and systematically being cheated and lied to by the establishment.

For a group of people who seem overly invested in the business model, they tend to forget that that model can only be effective if supporters (customers) continue to raise the profile of the club by investing in sales and merchandise.

Not a lot of businesses manage to sustain success if they ignore their main point of sales.

As for the fans, I believe that they lavish praise when it's earned or deserved. I also feel that they have a right to express their discontent when things don't go so well. I don't think there will ever be a 100% consensus, but I'm pretty sure that we are all keen for our current success to continue into the future.

I no longer have a 'fixed point' on my opinions regarding certain areas of the club.

There are things that have been done well. There are things that have been done horrifically.

My major concern relates to the board's disdain and blatant disregard of the significant majority of the fans thoughts on all matters pertaining to Celtic. Particularly Resolution 12 and systematically being cheated and lied to by the establishment.

For a group of people who seem overly invested in the business model, they tend to forget that that model can only be effective if supporters (customers) continue to raise the profile of the club by investing in sales and merchandise.

Not a lot of businesses manage to sustain success if they ignore their main point of sales.

As for the fans, I believe that they lavish praise when it's earned or deserved. I also feel that they have a right to express their discontent when things don't go so well. I don't think there will ever be a 100% consensus, but I'm pretty sure that we are all keen for our current success to continue into the future.
Easy there bigman, did you not know, you're not allowed to criticise the board in any way shape or form. You are now threading a fine line to being labled a moaner. Just get with the program now like a good boy and just follow the herd!

Good balanced post...

Read your piece today. Don't know how many contributors were privy to it so I'll keep this brief.
Basically a scathing attack on those fans who had something critical to say about the board, in particular Peter Lawwell. "How dare they" seemed to be the gist of it.
"talking nonsense"
"childish nonsense"
"childish arrogance "
"ignorant too"
"Top of the club are not stupid. They have more than to allow pure fan emotion to cloud their judgement" aka - "shut it guys"
"Most successful CEO (Peter Lawell) we have ever had" But then you go on to say "apart from Fergus McCann"
Make up your mind.
You continue -
"Grow up guys"

I wonder how well your words would have gone down if the huns had actually continued their momentum and subsequently were a point to the good when equal games had been played?
But most importantly, this is no ordinary league championship. It's 9 in a row, leading to 10. So mega, mega important we've absolutely got the upper hand!
Hail, hail

David Campbell can stick his views where the sun don’t shine

Been thinking about this resolution12 and the board etc ,their reluctance to go forward with it,in any manner, these are just my thoughts !Would it be because they are keeping Celtic park full,??????? ,by that I mean if the huns were dissolved,would celtic fans then buy season tickets etc,meaning the cash flow into the coffers would deminish??????????,possibly in effect what they are saying is ,no huns ,no reason to attend games in numbers ?? Maybe I am being cynical here,!!!!!!!! Don’t know ,hh

Been thinking about this resolution12 and the board etc ,their reluctance to go forward with it,in any manner, these are just my thoughts !Would it be because they are keeping Celtic park full,??????? ,by that I mean if the huns were dissolved,would celtic fans then buy season tickets etc,meaning the cash flow into the coffers would deminish??????????,possibly in effect what they are saying is ,no huns ,no reason to attend games in numbers ?? Maybe I am being cynical here,!!!!!!!! Don’t know ,hh
I dont see any cinicism Ray in what you are saying, it is what we have all been thinking.
Why else would he lie to shareholders and supporters I think RES 12 has a lot more to it than we as shareholders and supporters know about,,the 5 way agreement DEFINITELY has,,this is the document he told the shareholders he had not seen or read,,..
My theory Ray is he is expecting a call from EUFA with the offer of a seat at the big table therefore why would he want to rock the boat and spoil his chances,,also why would he close down the Green Brigade area before even EUFA called for it to be closed,,we know the reason he gave,,but we also know what he said about the 5 way agreement,,how many of us believe him..??

HH

"talking nonsense"
"childish nonsense"
"childish arrogance "
"ignorant too"
Make up your mind.
You continue -
"Grow up guys"

Hail, hail
sussed who it is

i don't go on there anymore but by what you've posted it would be the same patronizing stuff that he always writes which must include the following that you posted

"How dare they" seemed to be the gist of it.
"talking nonsense"
"childish nonsense"
"childish arrogance "
"ignorant too"
Make up your mind.
You continue -
"Grow up guys"
"Not a drama, far less a crisis

it is often said everyone is entitled to an opinion ,but with that right comes the proviso that if you are talking nonsense then someone should say so

so all these people you slag off in your column, you know the Celtic supporters the one's asking questions and making their voices heard the one's you claim talk nonsense

They don't really matter do they after all they just talk nonsense

because you know better than them

Isn't that how the board are treating the support
,customers with contempt ,shut up n put up is that how you see it .cos they days are long gone check the history that shite all stopped in 94

As a Celtic fan you don't speak for me and never will if fans have questions of the board and of the way the clubs being run they have a point of view which should be heard

And the days are long gone when fans will put up with shite coming from the board or any of there blogging puppets

We can take from your barb that those who speak of Lawwell have probably never met him ,,,,,,i mean wow fkn wee have you met him go on you can tell us all

sussed who it is

i don't go on there anymore but by what you've posted it would be the same patronizing stuff that he always writes which must include the following that you posted

"How dare they" seemed to be the gist of it.
"talking nonsense"
"childish nonsense"
"childish arrogance "
"ignorant too"
Make up your mind.
You continue -
"Grow up guys"
"Not a drama, far less a crisis

it is often said everyone is entitled to an opinion ,but with that right comes the proviso that if you are talking nonsense then someone should say so

so all these people you slag off in your column, you know the Celtic supporters the one's asking questions and making their voices heard the one's you claim talk nonsense

They don't really matter do they after all they just talk nonsense

because you know better than them

Isn't that how the board are treating the support
,customers with contempt ,shut up n put up is that how you see it .cos they days are long gone check the history that shite all stopped in 94

As a Celtic fan you don't speak for me and never will if fans have questions of the board and of the way the clubs being run they have a point of view which should be heard

And the days are long gone when fans will put up with shite coming from the board or any of there blogging puppets

We can take from your barb that those who speak of Lawwell have probably never met him ,,,,,,i mean wow fkn wee have you met him go on you can tell us all
Post of the year kelly,Hail Hail ☘ ☘☘🍺

My question to any one with an interest in football is simple,

if a club was in danger of going out the game for cheating and this meant that in the future your club will suffer in the future as it would no longer attract the type of player or finances to compete at a higher level what would you do?

My answer would also be simple, sport is by its name an activity whereby athletes/non atletes or skilled or unskilled competitors put their wits against each other for enjoyment/exictement/finance or any other pleasure derived from been victorious. Therefore when the sport is rigged/doped it is no longer a sport and it therefore becomes a tool for the exploitation for some tor gain either , financially/politically or cause oppression.
When this happens or is allowed to happen and the contestants become willing participants, it is therefore no longer a sport been witnessed and it loses any identity to be called as such, this is the dilemia facing the board with Res12 and 5WA, outwith the financial loss to shareholders and clubs lower in the food chain it loses any credibility in the name it goes under sport, there can be no sport if we allow cheating and if cheating is to be allowed and accepted then the punters may as well just give their money to any crook who rolls up as it will not matter which crook it goes to, for basically all in all they are one in the same.
This is what is more important to me.

My question to any one with an interest in football is simple,

if a club was in danger of going out the game for cheating and this meant that in the future your club will suffer in the future as it would no longer attract the type of player or finances to compete at a higher level what would you do?

My answer would also be simple, sport is by its name an activity whereby athletes/non atletes or skilled or unskilled competitors put their wits against each other for enjoyment/exictement/finance or any other pleasure derived from been victorious. Therefore when the sport is rigged/doped it is no longer a sport and it therefore becomes a tool for the exploitation for some tor gain either , financially/politically or cause oppression.
When this happens or is allowed to happen and the contestants become willing participants, it is therefore no longer a sport been witnessed and it loses any identity to be called as such, this is the dilemia facing the board with Res12 and 5WA, outwith the financial loss to shareholders and clubs lower in the food chain it loses any credibility in the name it goes under sport, there can be no sport if we allow cheating and if cheating is to be allowed and accepted then the punters may as well just give their money to any crook who rolls up as it will not matter which crook it goes to, for basically all in all they are one in the same.
This is what is more important to me.
Very fair points boab,very fair indeed ,!!!!!! Cheating in sport is always for financial gain especially in this day and age,and doubt if we can do anything to stop it ,it is protected at the highest level ,!!!!!!hh

Very fair points boab,very fair indeed ,!!!!!! Cheating in sport is always for financial gain especially in this day and age,and doubt if we can do anything to stop it ,it is protected at the highest level ,!!!!!!hh

Follow follow the money.....It's always about the money

Members online

Latest posts

Back