Dundee v Celtic, Sunday 28th April 3pm

The View fae the couch...

Well we certainly sorted out the only dominating teams for one half yesterday didn't we 🙄.

If the dens men had a striker who could heed a baw we would have been in big trouble yesterday...

For me only CCV of the outfield players showed any gumption aided in small parts by O'Riely Khun and Hatate... But the rest looked out of it.

I think Brendan has to find away of playing Iwata and if that means Calmac misses out then so be it.. But a fit Cal with O'Riely Hatate and Iwata all playing would be my way forward till the seasons end.... We are getting out manoeuvred in the middle with only 3 especially if one ain't 💯 %... I know AJ and Greg flit in and out of the middle when we go forward but I'm talking about when we are under pressure... Get they 2 back blocking crosses..

One other problem I noticed yesterday was that nothing stuck to Kyogo, he only once held the ball for more than a few seconds, perhaps Idah might do this better 🤔.

Anyhoo on the plus side we are one step closer to winning this league... Win our home games and the league is ours.. Its that simple Celtic... Just dae it...
Ma two bobs worth bigman…agree about Kyogo ,but big idah was rank yesterday kept trying daft flicks when we needed him to hold it up or take a hit??partly to blame against aberdeen trying to be smart with a corner kick in the last minute…other than that a like him👍😬

Ma two bobs worth bigman…agree about Kyogo ,but big idah was rank yesterday kept trying daft flicks when we needed him to hold it up or take a hit??partly to blame against aberdeen trying to be smart with a corner kick in the last minute…other than that a like him👍😬
Idaho no go for me. Esp

I know it, you know it and you can bet bottom dollar the players know it.
I think it's all about the next Glasgow Derby.
It's often said that's the case, the title will come down to the derbies but very few actially have, I'd love it to be the case beat them at CP to win it , though the game that worries me the most is actually the killie away night time game.
Hopefully by then by the time we have beaten withoot cheatin both the original huns and the tribute huns we can relax and play with more freedom. We'd be 6pts ahead with a superior goal difference.
So next two games crucial for 6pts , and the sweetest of titles it will be. HH

I'm completely calm. I replied to your Scales comment. You didn't mention any of the other back 4. I would have said the same about AJ, who I thought was poor.
Difference is, Dundee closed AJ down. They allowed Scales to come out from the back and when he did, he lost the ball. Every time.
Every time the ball came into the box he was caught under it.
And he's been consistently poor. That's the difference.
Stats for Scales v Dundee, A recent set of stats on an individual player from the game at Dens on Sunday made for some interesting reading. The player won 10 duels and had an 86% passing accuracy.

Stats for Scales v Dundee, A recent set of stats on an individual player from the game at Dens on Sunday made for some interesting reading. The player won 10 duels and had an 86% passing accuracy.

Scales passing to CCV and Hart isn't the issue though is it?? Although the one he fired at Hart across his 6 yard box was fun. I'd imagine most of the 86% was passes made to CCV or Taylor beside him. I'd be more interested to see how many successful passes were made forward into the attacking positions of the park. There's a reason teams stand off him and allow him to move up the pitch..a lot of the time the ball is given away.
As for the duels, I've no doubt Scales wins a lot. He's that sort of back to wall player. Not really what Celtic need though. We need a ball player that can create.
Listen, I know im Scales bashing but I'm not doing it cause I've got some dislike for him. He dug us out a hole this season, and before the winter break he was our stand out player. But the fact is his form has fallen off a cliff.
No one has to take my word for it though. Every team we come up against is targeting him.

Every manager has their favourite. My worry is that Scales is BR and that's why he's picked. Rocky can't get a game because is 1 previous game Moivski turned him inside out and scored. Well Scales got caught out for 2 of the sheep's goals in the cup game.
In terms of stature and pace, both players are about the same....but Rocky can pick a pass and he's quick about it. He doesn't need an age to decide what he's going to do.....but I don't see them train everyday so what do I know to be fair.

Members online

No members online now.

Back