Elephant Man

Ha, I remember him signing fur the Huns, even his ain fans were singing 🎵 davie Dodds the elephant man🎵
fell oot the ugly tree an hit every branch on the way down, if there was ever a player born to play for the Huns…..it was him, oozes with ugly 🤣

He had an affair with one of my neighbours when I lived in Whitfield (Dodds is fae Dundee, Salmon Puss or Elephant man were his monikers). She was a dinner lady at my sons school. Someone sold the story to The Scum newspaper and ruined that woman's life and made her a laughing stock. Her children took some stick at school too.
I remember thousands of Dundee fans singing the elephant man song and waving one arm in front of their face like a trunk. really funny

Last edited:
I wrote this on here a couple of years ago. In the early 1980s a decorating firm were painting the doors and handrails at the old folks housing scheme where my Gran lived. It was Davie Dodds' Dad's firm and Davie was actually there every day helping out with the painting, evrn though he was a Scotland International player by this stage.

He always was happy to have a blether to me and make a fuss of my dog when I popped in (a work-shy skiver I now realise 😉).

OK he is a right ugly bugger but he came across as a decent guy. Then he signed for Deadco...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back