European coefficient for next season.

26+6=1

We might add to the coefficient against Shakhtar but the huns are gonna be like that BBC 1 afternoon quiz so there won't be much advance on the 2900 points added so far this campaign and 4000 points were taken off going into the season. If something similar happens going into the next season Scotland could slip down the rankings; particularly if Putin gets an OBE in the meantime.
I would prefer we went back to the 1 CL slot by way of qualification. Only the Champions of Scotland should have the right to compete for the CL and if we get there by qualification we would be in better shape to compete. Automatic qualification raises expectations that we as yet aren't ready to meet and failure to qualify for the CL still pretty much ensures EL participation with a better chance of Euro football beyond xmas.
This is only Ange's second year after all and he needs to be given time to develop a team capable of competing in the CL if that is within our means.
Also one slot just makes the League that much more important and puts so much more pressure on the zombies.

Mini Huns were obviously in Florence for the art, culture and wine. Definitely wasn't for the football or coefficient, as they done a good job of aping their big cousins performance last night.

Last edited:
Aye, Motherwell, Dundee Utd & Hearts dismissal preformences in pre Qualification unfortunately set of what will be probably Scotlands worst season in Europe in a long time.

I don't think Motherwell or Dundee Utd weren't that bothered by Europe 6 games against the Glasgow two are all they're short sighted boards are interested in.

Hearts, should have qualified for the Europa lge but shot themselfs in the foot in the home leg of the Playoff & have so far secured Scotland only win in the conference lge

Rangers,tough group, but should of at least been fighting with Ajax for 3rd place & Europa lge football after New Year. They believed the hype of their chairleaders on SMSM Sports pages.

Celtic I genuinely believed we had a chance in this group but the.lasr two preformences put the boot in those hopes, & it will take something special from our next 2 games for us to boost the coefficient.

There's always next season 😭

2 champions league places for Scotland has to be a good thing, can't believe that people think otherwise. The longer this continues the better it is for Scottish football.

The reason that pot 4 teams struggle in the Champions league, is that they don't get guaranteed € every season like the club's from the big leagues. Pot 4 clubs just can't plan longer term it's just a constant fight for the scraps.

So back to the original point, we could very well if 2 places are given every season (we have to look after ourselves, our results or finances - what Rangers do should not be any concern to us).
2 places takes a bit of pressure off, we can plan a bit further in advance. And do what Ange says and become a champions league team.

What worries me, is around £50m has come into Scottish football this season, how much of that money will stay in Scotland and not be pissed up the wall on non Scottish based players.
I asked a friend today, ' is there a young Scottish striker out there, doesn't have to be good?' he couldn't give me one! Very kid wants to be a striker... And we don't have any coming through the ranks at any club.

Scottish football needs to get off the floor!

2 champions league places for Scotland has to be a good thing, can't believe that people think otherwise. The longer this continues the better it is for Scottish football.

The reason that pot 4 teams struggle in the Champions league, is that they don't get guaranteed € every season like the club's from the big leagues. Pot 4 clubs just can't plan longer term it's just a constant fight for the scraps.

So back to the original point, we could very well if 2 places are given every season (we have to look after ourselves, our results or finances - what Rangers do should not be any concern to us).
2 places takes a bit of pressure off, we can plan a bit further in advance. And do what Ange says and become a champions league team.

What worries me, is around £50m has come into Scottish football this season, how much of that money will stay in Scotland and not be pissed up the wall on non Scottish based players.
I asked a friend today, ' is there a young Scottish striker out there, doesn't have to be good?' he couldn't give me one! Very kid wants to be a striker... And we don't have any coming through the ranks at any club.

Scottish football needs to get off the floor!
Wee Rocco Vata is a great player I’d love to see him getting a run in the first time If you’re good enough you’re old enough

Back