European coefficient

Shottsghirl

I’ve been seeing here on line that the Attilas have a better coefficient than us Well a/ They cheated and shouldn’t even been in Europe in a lot of seasons preventing us from competing and b/ As it stands they are only 10 years old - so to have more coefficient points than us is a miracle in its self ☘️

I’ve been seeing here on line that the Attilas have a better coefficient than us Well a/ They cheated and shouldn’t even been in Europe in a lot of seasons preventing us from competing and b/ As it stands they are only 10 years old - so to have more coefficient points than us is a miracle in its self ☘️
Yes it nuts Shottsghirl, but for our coefficient , we dont get the same points for champions league qualifying as you would in a group stages game.
It's this reason and our failure to win KO ties in European competition that's hindered us.
That said it has to be acknowledged that theRangers have gained their points from lesser/lower tournaments I.e the EL .
Now theRangers have to qualify and go down that road. Luckily for them they will drop straight into the EL.
We haven't had this opportunity for years as there was only one CL spot that included 3 qualifying rounds at something like ½ points for wins and draws.
Theres what? 32 clubs in the CL and only about 6-8 qualifying spots through the champions and league routes yet we as an automatic entrant and former winner are ranked somewhere in the 50s .
You have clubs that have never won a trophy for years ( maybe a cup) like spurs high up that list thanks to the nonsense of 4 clubs getting a CL spot .
I read that had liverpool or city won the CL west ham the EL and leicester the conference that the EPL couldve had 9 clubs competing in European competition this season 9 clubs out of 20 its ridiculous and safe to say that the UEFA and FIFA coefficients are utter nonsense

Yes it nuts Shottsghirl, but for our coefficient , we dont get the same points for champions league qualifying as you would in a group stages game.
It's this reason and our failure to win KO ties in European competition that's hindered us.
That said it has to be acknowledged that theRangers have gained their points from lesser/lower tournaments I.e the EL .
Now theRangers have to qualify and go down that road. Luckily for them they will drop straight into the EL.
We haven't had this opportunity for years as there was only one CL spot that included 3 qualifying rounds at something like ½ points for wins and draws.
Theres what? 32 clubs in the CL and only about 6-8 qualifying spots through the champions and league routes yet we as an automatic entrant and former winner are ranked somewhere in the 50s .
You have clubs that have never won a trophy for years ( maybe a cup) like spurs high up that list thanks to the nonsense of 4 clubs getting a CL spot .
I read that had liverpool or city won the CL west ham the EL and leicester the conference that the EPL couldve had 9 clubs competing in European competition this season 9 clubs out of 20 its ridiculous and safe to say that the UEFA and FIFA coefficients are utter nonsense
Correct winter and the coefficient is nothing but nonsense from a rag trying to promote hun scum but with the usual bullshit to feed the Hun brain dead.
The coefficient is seen more about trying to get the diddy clubs within the SPFL a better chance to try and succeed better in European competition and has yet to materialise outside of Glasgow yet, to the shame of Scottish football still.
Hardly surprising when there remains any financial stability within many clubs and ourselves having to be hampered so much with players wanting to move on to bigger and better fortunes elsewhere.
The coefficient was only set up to protect the bigger slices of the pie with the bigger leagues and meanwhile the rest of Europe have to feed off crumbs still.
Even these qualifying games are questionable with teams trying to prepare for the season ahead often paired against mid season team's who would be far more settled.
European football in general has turned into nothing more than a money making racket and taken away so much from the game I once knew and highlighted even more so within European football, where there still seems as a CL mentality for the 5 top leagues in Europe or nothing in play still imo.

Just to highlight how ridiculous the coefficient is
Spurs not even able to qualify out of the europa conference group after gaining automatic entry into it last season, covid issues my arse.
Yet now gained automatic entry into the group stages of CL and even gaining a higher pot draw than ourselves for this season.
Please tell me how that bollocks makes any sense still?

Correct winter and the coefficient is nothing but nonsense from a rag trying to promote hun scum but with the usual bullshit to feed the Hun brain dead.
The coefficient is seen more about trying to get the diddy clubs within the SPFL a better chance to try and succeed better in European competition and has yet to materialise outside of Glasgow yet, to the shame of Scottish football still.
Hardly surprising when there remains any financial stability within many clubs and ourselves having to be hampered so much with players wanting to move on to bigger and better fortunes elsewhere.
The coefficient was only set up to protect the bigger slices of the pie with the bigger leagues and meanwhile the rest of Europe have to feed off crumbs still.
Even these qualifying games are questionable with teams trying to prepare for the season ahead often paired against mid season team's who would be far more settled.
European football in general has turned into nothing more than a money making racket and taken away so much from the game I once knew and highlighted even more so within European football, where there still seems as a CL mentality for the 5 top leagues in Europe or nothing in play still imo.
Personally I'd like to see the return of the champions cup.
There is an appetite and an audience for this to return.
UEFA won't have it though and have instead brought in the conference which tbf will help many clubs financially.
Especially Hearts who like sevco have gained from the troubles in eastern Europe that I wont go into expect to say that were it not for the banning of Russian clubs then Celtic this season wouldve had 1 play off tie to qualify for the champions league and that wouldve been on merit of the scottish game both club and internationally on an upwards trajectory recently.
The champions cup , a ko tournament from start to finish would be a spectators dream. To see how the rich clubs/groups deal with hostile environments away without the knowledge they have another 5 games to rectify any slip ups.
It would still be a tall order to win a reinstated champions cup but if say Celtic kod Barcelona then that's spain and their champions out, no facing real Madrid etc next round.
Theres no sporting integrity involved it's exactly as you say , more money for the already super rich clubs and less for those not in skys big 5 league's.
Celtic are a very rich club in comparison with the majority of all other European clubs but we have nothing handed to us on a plate.

Last edited:
Personally I'd like to see the return of the champions cup.
There is an appetite and an audience for this to return.
UEFA won't have it though and have instead brought in the conference which tbf will help many clubs financially.
Especially Hearts who like sevco have gained from the troubles in eastern Europe that I wont go into expect to say that were it not for the banning of Russian clubs then Celtic this season wouldve had 1 play off tie to qualify for the champions league and that wouldve been on merit of the scottish game both club and internationally on an upwards trajectory recently.
The champions cup , a ko tournament from start to finish would be a spectators dream. To see how the rich clubs/groups deal with hostile environments away without the knowledge they have another 5 games to rectify any slip ups.
It would still be a tall order to win a reinstated champions cup but if say Celtic kod Barcelona then that's spain and their champions out, no facing real Madrid etc next round.
Theres no sporting integrity involved it's exactly as you say , more money for the already super rich clubs and less for those not in skys big 5 league's.
Celtic are a very rich club in comparison with the majority of all other European clubs but we have nothing handed to us on a plate.
The issue here winter is about how these coefficient points are rewarded imo, and not as if I have much knowledge upon the nonsense either.
So just a couple of examples, will I be hoping Scotland beat Ireland as its better for Celtic in coefficient standings?
Will I fuck, will have the banter and slaggings upon here with my fellow Scottish Tim's even if its a game I couldn't care less about still.
Even worse than that,
Will I look upon a win for sevco scum (SS) as a helpful result for our own coefficient points?
Again will I fuck, as uefa could stick them up there own arse as far as I'm concerned.
So time has come to scrap the current format, and being long overdue also imo.
So why isn't there something in place to warrant every club within Europe to actually generate there own points as such and the national team only adds to it upon a much smaller scale?
The scum claiming points from the national team and yet contributing fuck all towards it, so how can that be right?
Believe that a club should benefit from the players within it that contribute towards there national team, and would provide a better and fairer standing for team's to get there overall ranking points, with maybe a 10 year span of actually counting would give a better overall picture for european club competition imo.
Even that German mob who beat the scum regarded as a pot 1 team ffs, yet ourselves will be hoping to draw them as would be seen as a better opportunity to actually advance within CL and a realistic chance of actually qualifying from the group as such.
This whole coefficient is nothing more than a scam imo, and needs to be called out for what it's really all about imo

The issue here winter is about how these coefficient points are rewarded imo, and not as if I have much knowledge upon the nonsense either.
So just a couple of examples, will I be hoping Scotland beat Ireland as its better for Celtic in coefficient standings?
Will I fuck, will have the banter and slaggings upon here with my fellow Scottish Tim's even if its a game I couldn't care less about still.
Even worse than that,
Will I look upon a win for sevco scum (SS) as a helpful result for our own coefficient points?
Again will I fuck, as uefa could stick them up there own arse as far as I'm concerned.
So time has come to scrap the current format, and being long overdue also imo.
So why isn't there something in place to warrant every club within Europe to actually generate there own points as such and the national team only adds to it upon a much smaller scale?
The scum claiming points from the national team and yet contributing fuck all towards it, so how can that be right?
Believe that a club should benefit from the players within it that contribute towards there national team, and would provide a better and fairer standing for team's to get there overall ranking points, with maybe a 10 year span of actually counting would give a better overall picture for european club competition imo.
Even that German mob who beat the scum regarded as a pot 1 team ffs, yet ourselves will be hoping to draw them as would be seen as a better opportunity to actually advance within CL and a realistic chance of actually qualifying from the group as such.
This whole coefficient is nothing more than a scam imo, and needs to be called out for what it's really all about imo
I think that clubs individually are awarded their own points now , but it's also added to other clubs from same nation, then international etc.
What isnt fair is that if clubs are in the top 5 league's they will score more points .
I dont think anyone pays much attention to these coefficients, they are there to help safeguard the rich clubs standings and brutally unfair.
As is 4 clubs from 4 different countries but spurs cant face another English side in the groups, oh no , cant be having that.
All rigged up no-one takes it seriously, how could they when you see the ridiculous positions some clubs are numbered at.

I think that clubs individually are awarded their own points now , but it's also added to other clubs from same nation, then international etc.
What isnt fair is that if clubs are in the top 5 league's they will score more points .
I dont think anyone pays much attention to these coefficients, they are there to help safeguard the rich clubs standings and brutally unfair.
As is 4 clubs from 4 different countries but spurs cant face another English side in the groups, oh no , cant be having that.
All rigged up no-one takes it seriously, how could they when you see the ridiculous positions some clubs are numbered at.
Until an overhaul of this nonsense of coefficient is actually achieved then it remains as nothing but nonsense and not really worth commenting upon it any further imo winter

Maybe it's just me, but we've done shite for years in Europe due to poor management, poor tactics and ballsing up pretty much every summer transfer window for a decade

In fact as much as i hate saying, the manks have carried us into the CL placings, how apt :)

We need to do much better and then the coefficient is a different conversation for me

Maybe it's just me, but we've done shite for years in Europe due to poor management, poor tactics and ballsing up pretty much every summer transfer window for a decade

In fact as much as i hate saying, the manks have carried us into the CL placings, how apt :)

We need to do much better and then the coefficient is a different conversation for me
Got no idea really SMG how the points system really works, but still seems as a load of bollocks imo still.
So can't really comment upon it as many of the bloggers seem to be claiming different, so who knows what the real answer is as such 🤔

Cant deny they helped but so too did ourselves and the national side.
If it's over 10 years and you take our points away then we wouldnt be in this position just as hearts and sevco wouldnt be guaranteed European group stage football either, still it's nice to let them think it was all their doing.
Thanks manks but we'll take it from here 😄🍀

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back