Football formations

Fisiani

I was born in 1957 and saw Celtic win the European Cup in 1967. We always lined up in a 2-3-5 formation. Two full backs who could be wing backs. One centre half and two midfielders. 5 forwards. A centre forward, 2 inside forwards and two wingers. Players wore numbers 1-11 so we knew which position they played. Nowadays no team lines up like that. Formations do not win or lose games. Having said that what is our best formation? Do we need two centre backs? If we have two wingers are we a 4-3-3 formation? I would prefer if we were a 3-4-3 formation to better control the midfield. Any thoughts?

352 is my preferred format doc.

But that is 3 center backs with the wide men of the 5 mids dropping back when defending and as wingers when attack mode is deployed. One CDM and 2 interchangeable attack mids. 2 up front domestically is a must for me as is 2 wingers.

Europe is a different ball game as far as we are concerned unfortunately and 2 cdms are needed and only one winger going forward at anyone time with the other dropping back as cover. Would still have 2 strikers but one would need to be set deeper than the other to facilitate the midfield. đź‘Ś

Members online

Latest posts

Back