Full Capacity Stadium

Gary67

Great news.
By 10th August, if all is well and most people are vaccinated, football stadiums can open up with a full capacity according to Jason Leitch this morning.
Our 2nd home game on 14th August could be the first with 60k at CP, a bit of symmetry given that it was v St Mirren on 7th March 2020 that we had our last full house. Would take the same result ;)
I'd imagine first home league game, v Dundee, and any home Euro games will be with a reduced capacity.

Too early imo. I know quite a few people that had the virus last year and have now had the vaccine, that have contracted the Delta variant.
We are priming ourselves for a 3rd spike.
Has anyone noticed they don't talk about the 'R' number any more, that's because it's well over 1.0.
I want crowds back as much as any one but not at the expense of public health.

Too early imo. I know quite a few people that had the virus last year and have now had the vaccine, that have contracted the Delta variant.
Has anyone noticed they don't talk about the 'R' number any more, that's because it's well over 1.0.
The vaccine is reducing the effects of the virus. The new Johnston Variant is highly contagious but hospital numbers remain low.
I currently have Covid, got my 2nd vax on 14th June, tested +ve 23rd June, so far a runny nose is all I've had. I have the Leicester Square variant which my youngest son kindly brought me back from London last weekend.
I guess it'll be a personal decision from everyone when they go back, given I'm fully vaxxed and hopefully be over any lingering effects from the virus by next week I'd definitely be attending.

I’m afraid I’m with you brim, we’ve all seen the first two waves and they all start with growing cases. The original strain led to a Kent variant which was 40% more transmissible, then the delta which is 50% more transmissible than the Kent one. Now we’re talking delta plus. It’s heading one way.
Hopefully hospital numbers and deaths remain low and we can live with it.

The vaccine is reducing the effects of the virus. The new Johnston Variant is highly contagious but hospital numbers remain low.
I currently have Covid, got my 2nd vax on 14th June, tested +ve 23rd June, so far a runny nose is all I've had. I have the Leicester Square variant which my youngest son kindly brought me back from London last weekend.
I guess it'll be a personal decision from everyone when they go back, given I'm fully vaxxed and hopefully be over any lingering effects from the virus by next week I'd definitely be attending.
Well I think that's the hope. That the vaccines will reduce the fatalities and the casualties so that the virus becomes no more dangerous than the common cold. I think we're a long way from that though, and this virus does seem to love a crowd. The Indian variant came from a recent religious festival where millions of them go to the Ganges to bathe.

All the best gary
The Leicester Square variant probably involves getting pissed, singing daft songs and peeing in odd places. So mind how you go

We havent been out of lockdown while a higher transmission variant has been about.
The delta is notching up some decent numbers though. As far as cases go we are climbing the world table again.

With the increased numbers the hospital numbers will increase but it will take something significant to move a level up.

As for full stadiums we will see.

First we will have to bring in changes to iso rules. Could be nightmare for a few scattered cases in the ground causing loads of people to be shut away for 10days even with neg pcrs.

Also, do we want 7000 sevconians smashing the toilets and spitting everywhere? Can you imagine if they thought they could leave some trace of the virus in our ground? It would need a deep clean in every area they had been.
If they do allow fans back, I'd recommend banning away fans from ALL GROUNDS for the time being.

Well I think that's the hope. That the vaccines will reduce the fatalities and the casualties so that the virus becomes no more dangerous than the common cold. I think we're a long way from that though, and this virus does seem to love a crowd. The Indian variant came from a recent religious festival where millions of them go to the Ganges to bathe.
I am surprised the virus goes near the Ganges, fucking boofing.

Untitled.png

Brim, for reasons, I share your scepticism and pessimism.

Until we know the efficacy and lifespan of the vaccine and how the virus will continue to mutate, then the risks are still too great to openly expose people to potential contagion.

We all want to see fans back in their tens of thousands, but I'd rather see an empty ground knowing folk were safe and not exposing themselves or their families to a life threatening illness.

And it IS a life taker, especially when force multiplied by a pre-existing condition.

Stay Safe

Members online

Latest posts

Back